Author Topic: Favorite K-State Writer of all time? - It's Jmart, leader of Rivals.com K-State  (Read 143375 times)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
what was it?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
what was it?
I took it as the Life of Fitz podcast when he had Mangino on.

Also, new Life of Fitz interviews Matt Hall.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what was it?

Ummmm, uhhhh, WTF

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
what was it?

Ummmm, uhhhh, WTF
Per the Life of Fitz episode guide (i was looking for the mangino episode when i saw this):

This edition of the Life of Fitz podcast features host Tim Fitzgerald calling his former employee, Matt Hall, who became a competitor in recent years. Fitz and Matt had a public falling out when GoPowercat left the Rivals.com Network to join 247Sports and Matt became part of the new Rivals team that competed against GPC. Their relationship soured and their feud became public, but in the spring of 2020 everything changed. As Matt explains, he reacted poorly to some medication and it led to what his doctor now believes was a manic episode. He was either fired or quit his job at K-State Online, the Rivals site, and his divorce from his boss was also public. He moved to Las Vegas and when an expected job didn't work out, he came back to Kansas and now lives in Newton, Kansas, to gather his life together after a divorce, career change and personal financial ruin. However, when Matt began to struggle emotionally, Fitz and Matt reconnected as he tried to sort through what he was experiencing. Now, a year later, his one-year restriction on talking about K-State sports has expired and he's become a member of GoPowercat.com. It's been quite a journey.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Mangino episode was pretty good, the Matt Hall one wasn't really revelatory at all, it was a bit of a therapy session for Matt. Fitz dropped a bomb that Matt "is with us now" but it turns out Matt is just a poster at GPC.

What I found interesting is that Fitz really almost graveled in apologizing to Mangino for apparently treating him poorly which I assume was talking bad about Mangino when he was coaching. However, when he spoke to Matt Hall he said "well if I did anything  to apologize for then I'm sorry." He tried to get Matt fired and tried to screw with his sources among other things.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Matt’s story is absolutely heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
The human brain can be a monster
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

And I don't think putting it all out there on a K-State fans podcast is healthy either.

But maybe he's ready for it. (I still haven't listened)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
The Matt Hall story is brutal.  Feel terrible for him. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

And I don't think putting it all out there on a K-State fans podcast is healthy either.

But maybe he's ready for it. (I still haven't listened)

The two things he put out there that weren't out there over the summer is that he surmises that his manic episode may have been induced from meds he was prescribed for a shoulder injury. He also talked about how hard the fallout was for him, even people who don't know him who were being nice to him and asking him if he was okay retraumatized him because emphasized how public his episode was.

It seemed like a therapy session for him. Fitz didn't do much talking, Matt was pretty expressive and he cried quite a bit. Nothing wrong with that, of course. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Episode, singular?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Episode, singular?
It sounded like he had a reaction to medication causing a manic episode.  And then to make matters worse, incorrectly diagnosed as bi-polar (by a doctor) and put on those meds, which caused even more problems.  Had a second opinion and they did a test for bi-polar, which he isn't (according to whatever test/observation they did).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Episode, singular?

Untreated, an episode of mania can last anywhere from a few days to several months. Most commonly, symptoms continue for a few weeks to a few months. Depression may follow shortly after, or not appear for weeks or months.

Many people with bipolar I disorder experience long periods without symptoms in between episodes. A minority has rapid-cycling symptoms of mania and depression, in which they may have distinct periods of mania or depression four or more times within a year. People can also have mood episodes with "mixed features," in which manic and depressive symptoms occur simultaneously, or may alternate from one pole to the other within the same day.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kurtz needs to get out of KSU media work before he catches this disease too.

eff that nebraska rivals callahan guy still too.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Woah. Good for DSF, I hope the AD are paying him his worth.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Honestly, D. Scott would be perfect for the KState Sports extra writer job that Corbin McGuire does (did?). Problem is that job is typically given to a recent Cats grad and I’m guessing the pay is reflective of that.

Edit: Looks like Corbin has moved on to a communications role with the NCAA.

He got the gig!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
D. deserves a nice roast beef sandwich imo.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
I look forward to his content!  Congrats D. Scott! 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Sucks he blocked me white knighting for Riley Gates. I miss his corny tweets.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kurtz left today.

This made me sad. Out of all of the people covering K-State he's easily the one that I'd want to hang out with the most. I'm glad he's going to continue doing stuff on his YouTube channel.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Kurtz left today.

This made me sad. Out of all of the people covering K-State he's easily the one that I'd want to hang out with the most. I'm glad he's going to continue doing stuff on his YouTube channel.

I really like the B12 YT vids. He should put them on spotify.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Between Manbeck, Fanning and now Kurtz, there is a verifiable dream team of ex-KSU Cats media dudes just chilling in KC rn.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I first read that as he was joining a Kansas City media outlet.

Imagine my disappointment

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Ah, that sucks.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite