Author Topic: Favorite K-State Writer of all time? - It's Jmart, leader of Rivals.com K-State  (Read 144497 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
K-Noise bringing it

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
I just read this entire thread for the first time. While annoying, it was worth it.

Can we start a betting pool on when Fitz & company finally have to shut it all down?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
still very tickled by that tweet

"last night i was in one place, now i'm in another! thanks boss!"

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i've never thought to publicly thank my boss EV-ER-Y-TIME i travel for business, this has been a real wake up call for me

Offline Kenneth Noisewater

• Fan
    • View Profile
K-Noise bringing it

I subscribed to GPC during coach search time, knowing I was gonna get sick of all the self-congratulatory stuff. And I was right. Ive spent a few decades working in the media, and the first rule of media is don’t make the story about yourself. Young Riley does not subscribe to that tenet of journalism principle.
To wit: the ill-advised Tweet during last years NCAA tournament about Kentucky blowing off the post-game handshake line after losing to K-State...then when he caught some heat, he “had to get back to work” rather than manning up and owning it.
Fitz gushing over the crew for a solid days work a couple of weeks ago just seemed like he was trying a little too hard to justify the subscription price.
Now get off my lawn.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it's nice to finally have a former media member on board here at gE.  would love to hear any past stories you have (favorite interviews, run-in's with celebs, etc).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Can we start a betting pool on when Fitz & company finally have to shut it all down?

I don't think it's gonna happen with Rivals having lost JMart.

• Fan
    • View Profile
it's nice to finally have a former media member on board here at gE.  would love to hear any past stories you have (favorite interviews, run-in's with celebs, etc).

Haha. Not a sports media guy. At least not in a long time. I did get to cover the infamous tie with Colorado 25 years ago and got a sweet “kissing your sister” quote from Jamie Mendez. And can confirm the press box buffet was pretty damn sweet.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
do you go by Kenneth or Kenn?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What's the frequency?

• Fan
    • View Profile

Kenn, Kenneth, Brian Fontana, whatever.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile

Kenn, Kenneth, Brian Fontana, whatever.

I thought you were a doctor?

• Fan
    • View Profile
Lost my MD license.  :angry:

• Fan
    • View Profile
In today’s episode of Riley’s World, he jerks off Kietzman with an enthusiastic “Thanks Kev!” after the former promises to have HCCK on WHB at 4:45.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
K-Noise bringing it
And I was right. Ive spent a few decades working in the media, and the first rule of media is don’t make the story about yourself.

just an fyi, that rule was changed in 2009. it's okay now and actually expected.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
rumblings that k-state fans may lose another esteemed media member this fall.

:Lurk:  :Wha:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
rumblings that k-state fans may lose another esteemed media member this fall.

:Lurk:  :Wha:
Buy a damn paper, folks.

:'bye cruel world:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
who kellis?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Losing k dawg would hurt
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
He's referring to me.  I've decided to move on from the Great Bend Tribune to pursue other options.  I will say that that is the hardest working team I have ever been a part of, and it was an absolute honor. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
I'll continue to get my coverage from gE and TSSO.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
He's referring to me.  I've decided to move on from the Great Bend Tribune to pursue other options.  I will say that that is the hardest working team I have ever been a part of, and it was an absolute honor.

Barton and Pawnee County are losing a good one!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
hopefully this will afford dlew more time to focus on STUDs and DUDs.  America has a real thirst for that kinda reporting

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
who would have thought a kid from Beloit would be able to ride on airplanes!  #blessed #happyemployee

:lol:

• Fan
    • View Profile
who would have thought a kid from Beloit would be able to ride on airplanes!  #blessed #happyemployee

:lol:

Reading Riley’s tripe since middle of last week makes me think Beloit St Johns better work on its English teaching. Cause the kid has a plethora of language errors in his postings.
And don’t get me started on “10 Things (insert name) Said.” Isn’t that what Twitter is for?  :dunno: