Author Topic: Bernie and fellow hate heathens trying to keep Christians out of government  (Read 13516 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I liked that Bernie was shocked and disgusted that a professed Christian would believe in the one thing that makes a person a Christian.
I don't think considering Muslims to be "condemned" to be the one thing that makes a Christian a Christian.
Shock news!  We are all condemned to go to hell.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

I think you guys and Bernie are hung up on the word "condemned".  What if the guy had said "I believe the only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ."  Would that have been objectionable to Bernie or was it the fact that he specifically singled out Muslims. Obviously you can read between the lines that since Muslims reject the divinity of Jesus they stand condemned but he wouldn't have come out and said it specifically.

Yeah singling out Muslims as being beyond inferior but condemned is totally different than the theoretical salvation quote. Conversely, would you have a problem if his Christian faith made him view blacks as condemned? I mean some version of that belief has been prevalent for most of our country's history.

He shouldn't have made that dumb blog post if he wanted to pursue a career in public service because words you choose matter.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
How is Bernie like 90 years old and we just heard about him last year and now all libs think he's the saving grace to man kind? So weird and random. You say free crap and losers raise their ears everywhere. Pretty great platform if you ask me.

Wacky... You're so rough ridin' stupid, it's honestly pretty funny and endearing. Like, you must be the hardest working, boot-strapper around to be able to overcome your insane level of stupidity.

Oh and BTW, Bernie is 75 (Trump, your hero, is 70) and has more stamina and intelligence in his pinky than trump does in his entire mushy blob.
untuck manhattan

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
this guy specifically said  Muslim beliefs aren't just inferior, but they're condemned because they're so bad. Like a level below your typical inferior believer. Not sure if that makes much of a difference or not!

condemned has a decent argument for being the opposite of saved.  it's a far more precise word than inferior.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How is Bernie like 90 years old and we just heard about him last year and now all libs think he's the saving grace to man kind? So weird and random. You say free crap and losers raise their ears everywhere. Pretty great platform if you ask me.

Wacky... You're so rough ridin' stupid, it's honestly pretty funny and endearing. Like, you must be the hardest working, boot-strapper around to be able to overcome your insane level of stupidity.

Oh and BTW, Bernie is 75 (Trump, your hero, is 70) and has more stamina and intelligence in his pinky than trump does in his entire mushy blob.

#triggered

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

:lol: So mad.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

this guy specifically said  Muslim beliefs aren't just inferior, but they're condemned because they're so bad. Like a level below your typical inferior believer. Not sure if that makes much of a difference or not!

condemned has a decent argument for being the opposite of saved.  it's a far more precise word than inferior.

Yes, "condemned" to me is much more harsh than "inferior" in addition to being more precise.

"Condemned" is also much more harsh than "not saved".

Also, could this guy have gotten away with his blog post if it had been about Jews being condemned? I doubt it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think "inferior" is much more harsh than "condemned". Maybe if the Nazis never would have existed, I'd feel otherwise, but calling another group of people inferior is pretty mumped up.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
OMG, look at the libtards ITT  :lol:

Are you rough ridin' serious, or just bored? Do you really think bern made a point at all in that entire line of questioning?

I'm really enjoying watching the left become more and more fringe. Their understanding of freedom of religion is just juvenile.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I honestly can't think of anything more batshit crazy than a bunch of atheists expressing concern over a comment about who is going to get into "make-believe" heaven.

Nevermind their head-in-the-sand position on the kuran, it would be like a christian taking the position someone is unqualified for office because of their views regarding who is really to blame for the clone wars.
 :lol:

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Christians really are the biggest snowflakes. So privileged and irreverent of other people. They legitimately believe the separation of church and state doesn't apply to them. For a group so afraid of sharia law they sure do force their beliefs into governance and legislation at any opportunity they get.

Sad.
untuck manhattan

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Relax Cam, it's Tuesday.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Good thing this country was founded as one nation under God.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Dwight added that to the pledge in the 50s.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Christians really are the biggest snowflakes. So privileged and irreverent of other people. They legitimately believe the separation of church and state doesn't apply to them. For a group so afraid of sharia law they sure do force their beliefs into governance and legislation at any opportunity they get.

Sad.

See what I mean? Completely juvenile.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CAM just spews forth every conceivable form of broad brush prejudice   

Sad

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
CAM just spews forth every conceivable form of broad brush prejudice   

Sad
Coming from you and FSD...
:ROFL:

untuck manhattan

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Dwight added that to the pledge in the 50s.

As Rage, astutely (smartly, wacky) points out... "under god" and "in god we trust" didn't come around until the 50's. Capitalists, McCarthyists, and evangelical preachers teamed up to fight against multi-culturalism, atheism, and the new deal.

Why bother with facts or history tho?
http://www.npr.org/2015/03/30/396365659/how-one-nation-didnt-become-under-god-until-the-50s-religious-revival
untuck manhattan

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Cam, the 1st amendment is about the gov not making any church or religion the official state religion. It means you can't force people to tithe or endorse one faith or another in order to hold office. Its also about the protection of worshipers of either Jesus or Alah or whomever can do so without government interference. It doesn't mean that if you hold the belief that one faith is more true than another then you cannot serve on as a public figure. That's where Sanders was treading on thin ice. He essentially said "your religion, do you believe it to be more true than others?" and if the answer was yes then he was going to go after him a bit.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

wow

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Cam, the 1st amendment is about the gov not making any church or religion the official state religion. It means you can't force people to tithe or endorse one faith or another in order to hold office. Its also about the protection of worshipers of either Jesus or Alah or whomever can do so without government interference. It doesn't mean that if you hold the belief that one faith is more true than another then you cannot serve on as a public figure. That's where Sanders was treading on thin ice. He essentially said "your religion, do you believe it to be more true than others?" and if the answer was yes then he was going to go after him a bit.

Do you want a representative that believes (contrary to the constitution) that one person is inferior to another based solely on religious belief?

The "thin ice" is when you legislate legal discrimination under the guise of "religious liberty"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Do you want a representative that believes (contrary to the constitution) that one person is inferior to another based solely on religious belief?

The "thin ice" is when you legislate legal discrimination under the guise of "religious liberty"

of course not. I'm not sure where you're getting the word inferior from. If the conclusion that someone made was "my religion is more true, therefore other people are not due the the same rights etc. I am" then I would not want that person to serve.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

See, really rough ridin' juvenile.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is in the actual constitution:
3: The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.