Author Topic: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports  (Read 37882 times)

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2017, 05:54:29 PM »
No one knows what will happen when the grant of rights expires, but my personal belief is that we may end up in the AAC or the equivalent of a no-OU/UT big 12.  That is my belief.

As a result, I don't really care who our coach is after LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder.  It's over after Bill, one way or another, IMO.  So, rough ridin' give the gig to Sean as a "thank you" to Bill.  Bill is literally our entire history of a program.  It's him.  He can do what the eff he wants with the final relevant days of KSU football. 

Go cats!

Seems so depressing when you put it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2017, 05:58:25 PM »
We almost timed it out perfectly with football ceasing to exist.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2017, 06:28:55 PM »
No one knows what will happen when the grant of rights expires, but my personal belief is that we may end up in the AAC or the equivalent of a no-OU/UT big 12.  That is my belief.

As a result, I don't really care who our coach is after LHC Bill Snyder.  It's over after Bill, one way or another, IMO.  So, rough ridin' give the gig to Sean as a "thank you" to Bill.  Bill is literally our entire history of a program.  It's him.  He can do what the eff he wants with the final relevant days of KSU football. 

Go cats!
Being in the best non-AQ/P4 conference in football will suck, but being good in that conference will still be better than being bad in it, so I want the best possible coach we can get post Bill and IDGAF what Bill thinks about it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2017, 06:41:42 PM »
Who was it that would rather win the NIT vs going to the tourney? Not you, right Scott? Just seeing a losery trend of posting these days on ridiculous hypotheticals.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »
Huh? Me saying that I want K-State to hire the best possible coach and idgaf about what Bill thinks about it is losery?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2017, 07:21:03 PM »
Huh? Me saying that I want K-State to hire the best possible coach and idgaf about what Bill thinks about it is losery?

just take the #zapping and move on scott
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2017, 09:45:32 PM »
WackyTuck is just a parody poster at this juncture.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »
The small but vocal group of people on this board are literally the only group of fans in major college sports who think their school will be the first and only P5 school to be demoted. It makes zero sense at all. Why continue to subject yourselves? If I were on a sinking ship and I had the chance to bail, I wouldn't stay on the ship and complain about the inevitable plight, that seems incredibly unnecessary.

We can't even read about our ridiculous, but not unprecedented, coaching situation without being subjected to this.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2017, 10:48:17 PM »
Pretty much

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2017, 12:03:09 AM »
The small but vocal group of people on this board are literally the only group of fans in major college sports who think their school will be the first and only P5 school to be demoted. It makes zero sense at all. Why continue to subject yourselves? If I were on a sinking ship and I had the chance to bail, I wouldn't stay on the ship and complain about the inevitable plight, that seems incredibly unnecessary.

We can't even read about our ridiculous, but not unprecedented, coaching situation without being subjected to this.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a fear of our conference falling apart and whatever conference we're in being 2nd rate.  Over the past couple of years I've listened to every episode of 7 CFN podcasts.  Five of them are national writer or heavily study this stuff like The Audible, PAPN, Campus Rush, The Football Four, & Wetzel to Forde.  Literally every one of them say if the Big12 falls apart there's not going to be some meeting where the other 4 conferences draft B12 schools & everyone gets a spot.  Someone's getting left out.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but mentally preparing for something completely out of our control & rationalizing in case is perfectly normal.  We aren't on a sinking with a the choice of bailing or staying & complaining.  We have virtually no control over it.  6 years ago OU, OSU, & Tech had no control, they had to do whatever Texas was doing.  I don't think it will happen because I don't think there's anywhere for Texas to go on mutually beneficial terms.  I know your stance is its never happened, so it won't happen, but if there's a different Texas UP 6 years ago we're in the Big East or AAC or MW.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 12:08:20 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2017, 09:18:38 AM »

UCONN and USF used to be BCS.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2017, 09:35:03 AM »
USF wasn't even D1 until 2001, UConn  2002
i don't really think you're comparing apples to apples

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2017, 11:23:10 AM »
I think ya'll are in the wrong thread, take it to the cigars and enjoying the band thread.

Mods, please and thank you

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2017, 02:37:11 PM »
Which apples were they compared to when they were left in a conference without a BCS bid?  Before that happened, it had never happened before, right?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »
It doesn't really matter what I think tho. I don't have any influence on the outcome

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2017, 03:16:26 PM »
Which apples were they compared to when they were left in a conference without a BCS bid?  Before that happened, it had never happened before, right?

i don't know what any of that means but we've been a division 1 team in a major conference since there were division 1 teams in major conferences, the two schools in your example haven't

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2017, 03:51:27 PM »
No one knows what Texas and OU will do. 

I believe our next coach will complete his tenure at K-State in a non-power 4 conference. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »
Now, I was obviously implying that I have zero interest in non-top-tier conference football (now I am stating it).

So, I don't care who the next coach is, because I believe it will not impact my opinion of K-State football once the current grant of rights expires.  That's based on me believing that OU and UT will find better deals and leave us.  That's how this all ties in (for me) with "who the next coach is."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2017, 06:31:32 PM »
No one knows what Texas and OU will do. 

I believe our next coach will complete his tenure at K-State in a non-power 4 conference.

Pete, don't play footsie with the dudefromWV again. Your essences are out of whack when he is on your mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2017, 07:53:25 PM »
you know who has some good essence?  emeril legasse

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2017, 08:43:36 PM »
I dunno what will happen with the Big 12, but if it disintegrates, it's foolish to assume we'll automatically be in a power 4 conference. The SEC and Big 10 are not options. ACC extremely doubtful. Pac a long shot but could happen. Those are shitty odds and options.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2017, 09:01:02 PM »
I've only read the first and last page of this thread.   I feel compeled to add my opinion.   I respect S'clams comments on most as i do here... 

Would Sean be any worse than Ron P.?  No.  Old balls isn't going to have his legacy screwed up by his son?  I just don't see that happening.  I don't want him as the next HC but eff....Old balls will do everything he can to make sure we have an 8-6 football team.

May the power of Christ be with all of you.. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2017, 09:32:58 PM »
still a hard no on sean snyder as the next KSU football coach
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2017, 12:27:09 AM »

I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a fear of our conference falling apart and whatever conference we're in being 2nd rate.  Over the past couple of years I've listened to every episode of 7 CFN podcasts.  Five of them are national writer or heavily study this stuff like The Audible, PAPN, Campus Rush, The Football Four, & Wetzel to Forde.  Literally every one of them say if the Big12 falls apart there's not going to be some meeting where the other 4 conferences draft B12 schools & everyone gets a spot.  Someone's getting left out.

I listen to The Audible, Solid Verbal, Shutdown Fullcast, Heartland College Sports,Campus Rush, PAPN, and Championship Drive. I don't detect an air of inevitably at all. The reports of demise are generally from the same few places in the south and all of them recently are about OU being unhappy although these reports aren't coming out of the state of Oklahoma like they once did. Notice how we aren't hearing about UT wanting to leave anymore? What people either forget or conveniently ignore is that the LHN deal goes well beyond the Big 12 expiring GOR. Do people really think UT is just going to leave the LHN? That's amazingly stupid if anyone actually thinks that.

The Big 12 doesn't have any issues that other conferences don't. The Pac 12 has a nightmarish tv deal that the entire conference hates and a GOR that expires before ours does. The ACC is having to deal with the speculation that ESPN may not actually launch a dedicated network and just keep them at a digital network. The Big 10 is making all sorts of cash but they are no longer a regional power and are in the middle of an incredible identity crisis. The SEC has all of the money in the world, what happens when that isn't enough? What happens when Arkansas, South Carolina, A&M, Missouri, Ole Miss stop wanting to be second class citizens in their own conference not able to compete with $11 million coaching deals? None of the other schools in those conferences are talking about Conference USA or the Mountain West, hell no one else in our conference is doing that. The evidence does not currently match the hysteria here.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sean Snyder - CBS Sports
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2017, 09:21:14 PM »
PAPN 100% said the Big 12 is inevitably is going to die and specifically said us and ISU are going to be left out back in their April 11 and May 3 podcast. I'm not saying it is going to happen, or that they're some insiders but that 100% is their belief.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:40:17 PM by scottwildcat »