Author Topic: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports  (Read 37940 times)

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2017, 10:57:50 PM »
I never understood, but why is K-State always one of teams or the team that gets, "left out."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2017, 09:45:45 AM »
PAPN 100% said the Big 12 is inevitably is going to die and specifically said us and ISU are going to be left out back in their April 11 and May 3 podcast. I'm not saying it is going to happen, or that they're some insiders but that 100% is their belief.

It's my belief that the opinion of kstates future from a mizzou fan isn't even substantive enough to wipe my ass with.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »
I never understood, but why is K-State always one of teams or the team that gets, "left out."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The first go around was mainly focused on TV Market. We don't draw any major city and KC is split. 2nd was football prowess. There's a huge unknown when Snyder leaves.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »
I agree that it is a great unknown as to what may happen in the years to come. It seems pretty stressful to worry about it. I hope to attend many KSU victories and conference champs where ever the Cats end up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2017, 03:46:46 PM »
PAPN 100% said the Big 12 is inevitably is going to die and specifically said us and ISU are going to be left out back in their April 11 and May 3 podcast. I'm not saying it is going to happen, or that they're some insiders but that 100% is their belief.

It's my belief that the opinion of kstates future from a mizzou fan isn't even substantive enough to wipe my ass with.
That's fine, wasn't saying their opinion is something you should or shouldn't believe but don't be giving out a laundry list of podcasts you listen to and claim nobody says it's inevitable that the Big 12 is going to collapse when that is completely not factual.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2017, 09:32:17 PM »

That's fine, wasn't saying their opinion is something you should or shouldn't believe but don't be giving out a laundry list of podcasts you listen to and claim nobody says it's inevitable that the Big 12 is going to collapse when that is completely not factual.

You misread bruh.
I don't detect an air of inevitably at all. The reports of demise are generally from the same few places in the south and all of them recently are about OU being unhappy although these reports aren't coming out of the state of Oklahoma like they once did.
I didn't say anything about nobody saying it's inevitable.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2017, 02:56:43 AM »
#venables4ksu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Kermit

• Fan
  • "Wanna Guess Where My Thumb Has Been"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2017, 09:59:56 PM »
I played in a golf tournament yesterday and spoke with Jon McGraw.  I asked him if he had any details about the Snyder succession plan.  He said, "Yeah, I can't really share a lot of info.  Lets just say that you will probably be hearing some news here in the next few weeks."  I wonder what that means.   :runaway: :ohno:

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2017, 12:01:45 AM »
Taking a wild educated guess.

HC: Sean Snyder
OC: Collin Klein or Andre Coleman
DC: Blake Seiler

This would be my guess on the direction it's going to go, whenever LHC Bill Snyder, Dimel, and Hayes retires.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2017, 08:17:22 AM »
klein oc?  :lol: 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2017, 08:19:42 AM »
Sean's going to get Mangino if the coup actually happens. Leavitt will be the DC.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2017, 08:22:39 AM »
Currie's gone. No longer any need to wait to announce the succession/cash grab.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2017, 08:43:53 AM »
I played in a golf tournament yesterday and spoke with Jon McGraw.  I asked him if he had any details about the Snyder succession plan.  He said, "Yeah, I can't really share a lot of info.  Lets just say that you will probably be hearing some news here in the next few weeks."  I wonder what that means.   :runaway: :ohno:

This isn't s shot at you, but I think former players are just screwing with people who ask them.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2017, 09:02:10 AM »
Taking a wild educated guess.

HC: Sean Snyder
OC: Collin Klein or Andre Coleman
DC: Blake Seiler

This would be my guess on the direction it's going to go, whenever LHC Bill Snyder, Dimel, and Hayes retires.

Dana Dimel is nowhere close to retiring.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »

This isn't s shot at you, but I think former players are just screwing with people who ask them.

Especially McGraw.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2017, 09:34:12 AM »
Is that any crazier than gottlieb?

The Klein for OC part

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2017, 09:41:35 AM »
There were teams who got screwed to midmajor status during the SWC breakup, right?  Do they not count?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2017, 09:46:36 AM »
That was before the P5. Much like the fiesta bowl doesn't count as it was an alliance bowl.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »

Wow... my guy who said he'd announce right before the season may actually be right! well crap....

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2017, 02:57:26 PM »
There were teams who got screwed to midmajor status during the SWC breakup, right?  Do they not count?

The University of Houston is the only school that has a case of claiming they were "screwed" when the SWC broke up. Rice, SMU, TCU, and Baylor had little to no business being in the conference with the likes of Texas, A&M, Tech, and Arkansas at the time of that conference dissolving.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2017, 03:18:17 PM »

The University of Houston is the only school that has a case of claiming they were "screwed" when the SWC broke up. Rice, SMU, TCU, and Baylor had little to no business being in the conference with the likes of Texas, A&M, Tech, and Arkansas at the time of that conference dissolving.
is the difference between  Rice/SMU/TCU/Baylor 95 vs. Texas/A&M/Tech '95 and K-State '17 vs. OU/Texas '17 not comparable?

put another way, are we a modern day version of those SWC have nots?  I really don't know and maybe it doesn't matter, but this "unprecedented" talk seems a little odd given the SWC shakeup

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2017, 03:28:11 PM »

is the difference between  Rice/SMU/TCU/Baylor 95 vs. Texas/A&M/Tech '95 and K-State '17 vs. OU/Texas '17 not comparable?

put another way, are we a modern day version of those SWC have nots?  I really don't know and maybe it doesn't matter, but this "unprecedented" talk seems a little odd given the SWC shakeup

Its a good point IMO Dlew.

Perhaps a counter is that the public institutions made the "major conference" cut while the private ones (besides Baylor and later TCU) did not? :dunno: I have no idea if that might make a difference in the future or not.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2017, 07:30:28 PM »
If we have learned anything, it's that precedent hasn't meant too much this stuff.  That's part of what makes it scary.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2017, 07:40:19 PM »
 We picked the biggest schmuck as AD too.  He won't do eff all to keep us in the P5

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2017, 02:11:09 AM »

Tell me one legit comparable between those small private schools in Texas and K-State and those tiny Texas colleges and I'll cede the point. If you think about what you're asking, you've answered the question already. If K-State were ever to be left behind it was in 1994-95. The Big 8 didn't stay together and decide to keep those larger schools, both conferences died, Texas knew full well we (The Big 8) needed them. K-State was insignificant at the time, to say the least. We should have been left then, we were not. The health of this program is leaps and bounds beyond what we were then. In 1994 we were probably far and away the weakest public program in major college football, now we're virtually indistinguishable from other schools like Mississippi State, Washington State, Arizona State, Colorado, Texas Tech, etc.

One more gigantic difference between this situation and 1995 is how wide the gulf is between the bottom of the power five; Boston College, Wake, Miami, Baylor, is how large the gulf has grown between them and the group of five. The old WAC and the MAC weren't far behind the other conferences at all. The BCS and the big numbers of schools that have jumped to the FBS have made that gulf as wide as the Grand Canyon.