Author Topic: I love Frank Martin  (Read 41168 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: I love Frank Martin
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2017, 07:09:20 PM »
My take is Martin always loved the average grunt fans and students.  I get no such vibe from Weber.  I found myself rooting for Frank.  Little guy made good.  I am glad we gave him the chance.

I agree.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2017, 07:13:32 PM »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2017, 07:30:39 PM »
I don't know why I remember this but didn't frank take a picture with a bunch of pakr's at a Wichita pizza joint one time? He always struck me as genuine in that way that he actually cares about people.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2017, 08:11:03 PM »
I don't know why I remember this but didn't frank take a picture with a bunch of pakr's at a Wichita pizza joint one time? He always struck me as genuine in that way that he actually cares about people.
He sent a personal note to a friend of mine after the death of a child.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »

Offline BBF$$Kat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2017, 08:42:57 PM »

Memories.... :cry:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2017, 08:43:36 PM »

It was more than a picture and I'll never forgive those motherfuckers for that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »
Either way, this thread is for loving Frank Martin so everybody stfu.

Random question: any chance Frank parlays this into a job somewhere else? Or do you guys think he'll be at SCar for a long time (and inevitably get a gigantic raise)?

He's a pretty loyal dude, I think he's there for life. He's been away from Miami for a very long time, he's close enough to see Shakey and Lourdes whenever he wants to.

Offline BBF$$Kat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2017, 08:46:39 PM »

:dunno:  :nono:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2017, 08:51:53 PM »

:dunno:  :nono:

I was playing at a golf tournament at Reflection Ridge and I met up with you guys about 10 minutes after Frank left.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2017, 09:12:41 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2017, 09:50:35 PM »
Need to knock down more straw-cat fans ITT who cost KSU a Natty.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2017, 10:03:25 PM »
I had a good friend back in Indiana who would get worked up over sporting games. He was an avid St. Louis fan. One day a St. Louis player sustained an injury and was out for the whole season. My friend was moping around all depressed for several days. He was visiting his parents for Sunday dinner and was moping around when his dad grabbed him by the shirt collar: "That son of a bleep could care less whether you live or die tomorrow and you're all depressed because of his injury." I'll never forget that Monday when my friend came to work and told me of those wise words uttered by his father. We laughed until we fell on the floor because it was the awful truth.

I have the same words of wisdom for a large number of Kansas State fans who are bawling all over themselves because ole Frank Martin was chased out of Manhattan by that dirty John Currie. FRANK MARTIN COULD CARE LESS IF MANHATTAN, KANSAS WAS BLOWN OFF THE FACE OF THE MAP TOMORROW. Frank Martin doesn't give a rat's ass about Kansas State or any of you Kansas State fans. He doesn't care any more about your school than Brad Underwood cared about Oklahoma State. Some of these people actually believe Frank Martin would still be in Manhattan, Kansas if John Currie had not chased him out of Manhattan. They claim that Frank, and his wife, really liked it in Manhattan. I'm sure some of them can tell us how Frank, and his wife, even told them as much. I've got news for you. Brad Underwood stated, a few days before he hopped a plane for Illinois, that Oklahoma State was one of the best basketball schools in the nation....and he was going to do everything he could do to make sure that it returned to Glory! He then stated he was a man of his word!

When Frank Martin told some of you that he really wanted to stay in Manhattan, he played you for a con like many coaches do. It's like Bob Huggins saying: "There is only one job that would have made me leave Kansas State......" It makes you feel gushy all over, but you know it's nothing more than words. There's only one thing you can believe and that is ACTIONS. Frank Martin had no plans to stay in the pastures of Kansas. His family was in Florida. His son lived in Florida. The only reason he stayed here as long as he did was because no one wanted him. When Currie gave Frank a contract extension which included him making over one million per year, Frank cried on TV saying how lucky of a man he was.....gushing about the opportunity K-State had afforded he and his family. Within six months, the man was, publicly, campaigning for the Miami job. He actually stated that he would listen to any program that would contact him because he had to think about his family. Right then and there, K-State fans should have known Frank was gone if, and when, the job of his dreams came calling. If that wasn't enough, Frank complained because Miami did not contact him.
He actually implied that Miami didn't contact him because they thought he was making 1.7 million when he was only making 1.1 million. At that point in time, I determined I would not have any more gushy feelings about Frank and his wife's waxing sentimental about Manhattan.

Just the other day, Frank threw sand in K-State faces when he made a statement about how South Carolina fans were the best of all the places he had been....or something to that effect. K-State fans.....quit crying over Frank Martin. He doesn't have one ounce of a care about you or your school.

I have always stated this. Frank gave us some fun memories. When he left, I wished him well and hoped that he would do well for himself, and his family. I wished this because it would mean that Frank had gained control of his temper. I stated if he did not, he would end up being a failure. When he went to South Carolina, Frank was suspended once and warned another time if memory serves me correctly. He was walking on thin ice. It is evident that Frank took the proper steps through counseling, or medicine, and has gained control. He's not the same raving lunatic that he was when at Manhattan. I'm happy for him and his family. But this is one fan who is not going to spend the next week crying over a coach who never really wanted to be in Manhattan any more than Brad Underwood wanted to be in Stillwater.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2017, 11:08:48 PM »
I had a good friend back in Indiana who would get worked up over sporting games. He was an avid St. Louis fan. One day a St. Louis player sustained an injury and was out for the whole season. My friend was moping around all depressed for several days. He was visiting his parents for Sunday dinner and was moping around when his dad grabbed him by the shirt collar: "That son of a bleep could care less whether you live or die tomorrow and you're all depressed because of his injury." I'll never forget that Monday when my friend came to work and told me of those wise words uttered by his father. We laughed until we fell on the floor because it was the awful truth.

I have the same words of wisdom for a large number of Kansas State fans who are bawling all over themselves because ole Frank Martin was chased out of Manhattan by that dirty John Currie. FRANK MARTIN COULD CARE LESS IF MANHATTAN, KANSAS WAS BLOWN OFF THE FACE OF THE MAP TOMORROW. Frank Martin doesn't give a rat's ass about Kansas State or any of you Kansas State fans. He doesn't care any more about your school than Brad Underwood cared about Oklahoma State. Some of these people actually believe Frank Martin would still be in Manhattan, Kansas if John Currie had not chased him out of Manhattan. They claim that Frank, and his wife, really liked it in Manhattan. I'm sure some of them can tell us how Frank, and his wife, even told them as much. I've got news for you. Brad Underwood stated, a few days before he hopped a plane for Illinois, that Oklahoma State was one of the best basketball schools in the nation....and he was going to do everything he could do to make sure that it returned to Glory! He then stated he was a man of his word!

When Frank Martin told some of you that he really wanted to stay in Manhattan, he played you for a con like many coaches do. It's like Bob Huggins saying: "There is only one job that would have made me leave Kansas State......" It makes you feel gushy all over, but you know it's nothing more than words. There's only one thing you can believe and that is ACTIONS. Frank Martin had no plans to stay in the pastures of Kansas. His family was in Florida. His son lived in Florida. The only reason he stayed here as long as he did was because no one wanted him. When Currie gave Frank a contract extension which included him making over one million per year, Frank cried on TV saying how lucky of a man he was.....gushing about the opportunity K-State had afforded he and his family. Within six months, the man was, publicly, campaigning for the Miami job. He actually stated that he would listen to any program that would contact him because he had to think about his family. Right then and there, K-State fans should have known Frank was gone if, and when, the job of his dreams came calling. If that wasn't enough, Frank complained because Miami did not contact him.
He actually implied that Miami didn't contact him because they thought he was making 1.7 million when he was only making 1.1 million. At that point in time, I determined I would not have any more gushy feelings about Frank and his wife's waxing sentimental about Manhattan.

Just the other day, Frank threw sand in K-State faces when he made a statement about how South Carolina fans were the best of all the places he had been....or something to that effect. K-State fans.....quit crying over Frank Martin. He doesn't have one ounce of a care about you or your school.

I have always stated this. Frank gave us some fun memories. When he left, I wished him well and hoped that he would do well for himself, and his family. I wished this because it would mean that Frank had gained control of his temper. I stated if he did not, he would end up being a failure. When he went to South Carolina, Frank was suspended once and warned another time if memory serves me correctly. He was walking on thin ice. It is evident that Frank took the proper steps through counseling, or medicine, and has gained control. He's not the same raving lunatic that he was when at Manhattan. I'm happy for him and his family. But this is one fan who is not going to spend the next week crying over a coach who never really wanted to be in Manhattan any more than Brad Underwood wanted to be in Stillwater.

Guarantee this guy chiding everyone for falling prey to Frank's con also voted for Trump :users:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2017, 11:11:56 PM »
He played you for a con

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2017, 11:53:17 PM »
Like many coaches do. :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2017, 06:16:43 AM »
I admit I have taken the easy route on this and thought of the John Currie supporters (i.e. Frank haters) as gutless fucks.  I have simply piled on, as they have been proven to have been so completely incorrect in their beliefs.

However, I need to have more empathy.  They are just scared.  Some of these people must feel soul crushing shame for their past support of John Currie in lieu of Frank.  The pain that they must feel is so sad...the fear of looking like absolute rough ridin' fools, of being utterly and completely taken advantage of (again) by their beloved authority figure, must be absolutely suffocating.

I have felt very scared in my life at many different times, and it led me to make horrible decisions, and do things that I regretted.  I get it. I am no better than them.

Let's practice some kindness with these people who are behaving cowardly, and hope that our kindness helps them transition to a more truthful existence.  Remember, they aren't gutless fucks, they are just BEHAVING like gutless fucks.

EMAW!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2017, 08:07:17 AM »
You gonna @ somebody at some point?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »
I find it hard to root for a program whose fan base tolerated the running off of Frank Martin.

Yeah, I can't imagine being embarrassed by Frank Martin, but so many of our fans were. We really value appearances more than substance at K-State, which I'm sure is pretty much the opposite of the way those people perceive themselves. We're shallow hypocrites and we deserve every shitty thing that happens to us as a fanbase. Not all of us, but most of us. As a whole, we're awful.

The Word  :frown:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
Probably the only SCAR gear I'm gonna get. 

If some wizard could slap a goEMAW reference on there, that would be a great avi for all of us to use across all platforms as this continues.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2017, 10:48:18 AM »
ECAW

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2017, 10:49:29 AM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »
Probably the only SCAR gear I'm gonna get. 

If some wizard could slap a goEMAW reference on there, that would be a great avi for all of us to use across all platforms as this continues.

If I bought one of these and had it shipped to wherever the Gooches live at that time, could Mrs. Gooch sew (embroider?) "goEMAW.com" onto/into it, for a FattyFest auction item?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2017, 11:52:54 AM »
You gonna @ somebody at some point?

Not you, SDK, nor this board...the Lon Floyd catbacker crowds and such.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2017, 11:54:53 AM »
Not you, SDK, nor this board...the Lon Floyd catbacker crowds and such.

It's time for gE to be the lead sponsor of another kc catbacker event.