Author Topic: I love Frank Martin  (Read 41162 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I love Frank Martin
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2017, 05:14:08 PM »
It's so cute how people on here are lashing out. As if any fan had anything to do with Frank leaving and us getting oscar. Simple things for simple people.
You don't think the people sitting behind the bench, constantly bitching about naughty words, didn't help Currie along? 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2017, 05:20:14 PM »
No. To think Currie gave a eff what anyone said is ludicrous. Currie was a micromanaging was that wanted things his way or the highway, but took time to listen to a handful of fans and make up his mind? Yeah ok. Then he holed up in a hotel and reached out to Gene to hire oscar. Nah, my bad, I remember all the KSU fans clamoring for oscar that lead him to hire Weber.

Again, simple people act in simple ways.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2017, 05:21:53 PM »
Just a bunch of whining going on in this thread. I'm happy for and impressed by Frank at SC. Some people are able to do that and not piss and moan like a toddler.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2017, 05:23:57 PM »
No. To think Currie gave a eff what anyone said is ludicrous. Currie was a micromanaging was that wanted things his way or the highway, but took time to listen to a handful of fans and make up his mind? Yeah ok. Then he holed up in a hotel and reached out to Gene to hire oscar. Nah, my bad, I remember all the KSU fans clamoring for oscar that lead him to hire Weber.

I've said nothing like that.  You're arguing made up points to make yourself feel better.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »
Just a bunch of whining going on in this thread. I'm happy for and impressed by Frank at SC. Some people are able to do that and not piss and moan like a toddler.

Dude

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2017, 05:28:14 PM »
Sorry Pete. It just seems a bit ridiculous to think Currie overlooked the success and packed arena and listened to some fans and decided to micromanage Frank out the door. Currie was gonna Currie no matter what. Did I miss all the cheering when Jamar sat out? Seriously, did I? All the support for Currie sitting by the bench and taking notes? If I missed all the support for Currie being Currie, clue me in. Did I miss when Currie routinely asked for the thoughts of Joe Fan on how to run the AD?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2017, 05:28:50 PM »

I've said nothing like that.  You're arguing made up points to make yourself feel better.
Then if it doesn't apply to you, feel free to ignore it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »
Sorry Pete. It just seems a bit ridiculous to think Currie overlooked the success and packed arena and listened to some fans and decided to micromanage Frank out the door. Currie was gonna Currie no matter what. Did I miss all the cheering when Jamar sat out? Seriously, did I? All the support for Currie sitting by the bench and taking notes? If I missed all the support for Currie being Currie, clue me in. Did I miss when Currie routinely asked for the thoughts of Joe Fan on how to run the AD?

Who is saying that?

The same fans that bitched about Frank's naughty words are the same tucks who stood in the way of firing oscar.  Sometimes it's about leveraging crap fans to cover your own agenda.  100% of people here knew Frank was gone entirely because of Currie's agenda.  Don't make crap out to be something it's clearly not.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2017, 05:30:56 PM »

I can think of multiple tuck idiots I've talked to in person who thought Currie's actions surrounding Jamargate were not only okay, but also the right thing to do.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2017, 05:31:56 PM »

Who is saying that?

The same fans that bitched about Frank's naughty words are the same tucks who stood in the way of firing oscar.  Sometimes it's about leveraging crap fans to cover your own agenda.  100% of people here knew Frank was gone entirely because of Currie's agenda.  Don't make crap out to be something it's clearly not.

Gonna agree. This one is pretty cut and dried.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2017, 05:37:52 PM »
So, so many rough ridin' assholes doubted Frank.  eff each and every one of you.  eff you all.

:emawkid: Go Pete Go!

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2017, 05:39:50 PM »
Yeah, just because our shitty, racist fans didn't cause any of this to happen doesn't mean that they don't deserve every bit of misery that comes their way. They may not have caused it, but they rough ridin' fist pumped and party rocked when we ran Frank and hired oscar. They're shitty people who deserve bad things regardless of their influence.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2017, 05:40:44 PM »
The only appropriate thing for any of us to do is hate ourselves.

Why?

You chose a school that sucks. That's on you.

Oh look at you

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2017, 05:42:00 PM »

I can think of multiple tuck idiots I've talked to in person who thought Currie's actions surrounding Jamargate were not only okay, but also the right thing to do.

Someone post that captain crap bat signal thingie

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »
Yeah, just because our shitty, racist fans didn't cause any of this to happen doesn't mean that they don't deserve every bit of misery that comes their way. They may not have caused it, but they rough ridin' fist pumped and party rocked when we ran Frank and hired oscar. They're shitty people who deserve bad things regardless of their influence.

I'm not racist against Cubans or any Cuban married to a black woman, just white people. Maybe that's why I have no misery today, just joy for the homie Frank.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2017, 05:50:03 PM »
I don't think any fans were truly happy when we ran off Frank and replaced him with oscar. They're just fans trying to make the most of a shitty deal.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »
I don't think any fans were truly happy when we ran off Frank and replaced him with oscar. They're just fans trying to make the most of a shitty deal.

They may not have been happy we hired oscar, but I bet 10-20% of our fans were rough ridin' pumped when we ran Frank.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2017, 05:53:12 PM »

same thing.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2017, 05:53:33 PM »

They may not have been happy we hired oscar, but I bet 10-20% of our fans were rough ridin' pumped when we ran Frank.

true. I'm guessing you can go back on this board and see how lukewarm people were about Frank's performance before he was run off.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2017, 05:55:17 PM »

true. I'm guessing you can go back on this board and see how lukewarm people were about Frank's performance before he was run off.

I think another 10-20% of our fans were pretty ambivalent about it too. Like, "Frank's alright, but he says bad words, and I bet we can get somebody just as good."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2017, 06:30:43 PM »
Either way, this thread is for loving Frank Martin so everybody stfu.

Random question: any chance Frank parlays this into a job somewhere else? Or do you guys think he'll be at SCar for a long time (and inevitably get a gigantic raise)?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 26, 2017, 06:42:45 PM »
My take is Martin always loved the average grunt fans and students.  I get no such vibe from Weber.  I found myself rooting for Frank.  Little guy made good.  I am glad we gave him the chance.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2017, 06:44:11 PM »
I believe U of Miami is Frank's endgame.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2017, 06:48:20 PM »
Not me.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2017, 06:56:47 PM »
A potential remaining torny path for EMAW Frank is baylor, wisconsin, west virginia, squawks.

FPs, TCs, etc.

:frown:

At least for this next one there's revenge for when that guy hoodwinked a bunch of us into going to the gonzaga bar and we all got boo'd hard by their fans, but that was pretty fun anyway.