Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 159936 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #1025 on: December 01, 2017, 01:43:05 PM »
I've been lurking around this thread for a while now. There seems to be a lot of judgement being thrown around in here about TN fans. What's the deal?
When I think Tennessee, I think Clay Travis. Case Closed!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 01, 2017, 01:43:08 PM »
I pass no judgment on TN fans. Everything they get they brought on themselves. It just happens to be very fun to watch from here.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 01, 2017, 01:45:43 PM »
I would be very unhappy if we ever hire anyone who worked for Joe Paterno. I wouldn't make statements like "Schiano covered child rape" but it would still be all but impossible for me to support him as coach at Kansas State, even if he had a better record as head coach.

Sure, I get that. The mob was definitely over the top with it though, considering how little involvement he had (if at all). I don’t have a dog in the Greg Schiano fight at all; zero opinion on the guy either way, really. But it was very transparent where Vol fans’ real priorities were with that.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 01, 2017, 01:46:50 PM »
Also, Tennessee is a good enough job that the fans should expect the school to at least try to get a coach that will compete for championships and not immediately go after Schiano as soon as Jon Gruden turns them down. The "who do they think they are?" talk is pretty ridiculous.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 01, 2017, 01:49:45 PM »
Yeah, maybe. I really don’t have strong opinions on this either way except that I have loved watching every second of this disaster. Every time I think about feeling bad for Currie, my mind goes back to that trash can at Dillons, and my scadenfreude kicks in all over again.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Volfan120

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 01, 2017, 01:50:14 PM »

some of us (myself included) were unimpressed with the flimsy pedophilia reasoning for criticizing the potential schiano hire.

Ok, long story short... Mike McQueary testified under oath that Schiano saw something. Schiano was never deposed but was asked and denied the claim that he saw anything. You've got one guy testifying under oath, under possible penalty of perjury and the other guy who was never sworn in who denied it. Whether or not Schiano truly saw anything or not none of us will probably ever know for sure. The point is doubt was cast against his character and it's become questionable at best. I personally was not among the group either on campus or online who was actively spreading word.

You guys think you are Bama, but really you're more like Vanderbilt. Not sure what the confusion is  :dunno:

No, we do not think we're Bama but we're historically a prominent and passionate, D1, SEC football school that pulls in enough money to be in the mix for proven coaches. The real problem Tennessee fans have now are with the administration and one booster in particular, Jimmy Haslam. This guy has dictatorship like control over our program and we're done with it. Haslam has a say in every major decision that UT makes. He gets to hand pick his administration(Beverly Davenport, John Currie, Reid Sigmon) and these people are basically his yes men. UT fans didn't want John Currie, we had zero input into that. That was all Haslam. Because Haslam doesn't know what he's doing(which is woefully evident by his continued ramming into the ground of the Cleveland Browns) he wouldn't know what a good head football coach was if one hit him upside the head. We are frustrated with losing and being a down program and that fool is perpetuating it by trying to cram through his friends and acquaintances simply because that's what he wants and he's got his daddy's money to do it.

Offline Volfan120

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 01, 2017, 01:50:54 PM »
Also, Tennessee is a good enough job that the fans should expect the school to at least try to get a coach that will compete for championships and not immediately go after Schiano as soon as Jon Gruden turns them down. The "who do they think they are?" talk is pretty ridiculous.

Yes! Thank you!

Offline Volfan120

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 01, 2017, 01:52:57 PM »
Phillip Fulmer just became the new AD at TN.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 01, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »
Has anyone said that Tenn fans are dicking themselves pretty hard by the non stop chanting?  They are going to end up with Fulmer as their new AD

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 01, 2017, 01:56:48 PM »
I judge that you people played your role perfectly, as far as my interests go.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 01, 2017, 02:04:16 PM »
Has anyone said that Tenn fans are dicking themselves pretty hard by the non stop chanting?  They are going to end up with Fulmer as their new AD

Too late.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 01, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »
At least Leach won't be going to Tennessee. If he was leaving for another conference I'd prefer to see him go Big 12 (though it'd be a headache) or Big 10, somewhere in the Midwest where real football is played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 01, 2017, 02:11:46 PM »
LOL, chant some more you twits

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 01, 2017, 02:13:43 PM »

some of us (myself included) were unimpressed with the flimsy pedophilia reasoning for criticizing the potential schiano hire.

Ok, long story short... Mike McQueary testified under oath that Schiano saw something. Schiano was never deposed

no, McQueary said somebody else said schiano saw something

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 01, 2017, 02:16:51 PM »

Ok, long story short... Mike McQueary testified under oath that Schiano saw something. Schiano was never deposed but was asked and denied the claim that he saw anything. You've got one guy testifying under oath, under possible penalty of perjury and the other guy who was never sworn in who denied it. Whether or not Schiano truly saw anything or not none of us will probably ever know for sure. The point is doubt was cast against his character and it's become questionable at best. I personally was not among the group either on campus or online who was actively spreading word.

You guys think you are Bama, but really you're more like Vanderbilt. Not sure what the confusion is  :dunno:

No, we do not think we're Bama but we're historically a prominent and passionate, D1, SEC football school that pulls in enough money to be in the mix for proven coaches. The real problem Tennessee fans have now are with the administration and one booster in particular, Jimmy Haslam. This guy has dictatorship like control over our program and we're done with it. Haslam has a say in every major decision that UT makes. He gets to hand pick his administration(Beverly Davenport, John Currie, Reid Sigmon) and these people are basically his yes men. UT fans didn't want John Currie, we had zero input into that. That was all Haslam. Because Haslam doesn't know what he's doing(which is woefully evident by his continued ramming into the ground of the Cleveland Browns) he wouldn't know what a good head football coach was if one hit him upside the head. We are frustrated with losing and being a down program and that fool is perpetuating it by trying to cram through his friends and acquaintances simply because that's what he wants and he's got his daddy's money to do it.

Spend less time reading this board and maybe read just one article on the McQueary deposition.

Offline Volfan120

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 01, 2017, 02:22:00 PM »

Spend less time reading this board and maybe read just one article on the McQueary deposition.

I'm good, that ship has sailed.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 01, 2017, 02:28:16 PM »
And that’s why people talk crap on Vols fans. You guys were never truly interested in Schiano’s connection to the Sandusky scandal, you just needed an excuse to crucify a guy who wasn’t Jon Gruden.

Btw, while you’re here, run down for me why everyone thought Gruden was the guy. (I don’t follow nfl enough to truly understand it.)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 01, 2017, 02:30:23 PM »
Btw, let the record show that I absolutely respect the zeal and nastiness of Vols fans to not settle for a guy that was not their standard. If only we had mustered that kind of enthusiasm when Currie introduced oscar rough ridin' Weber, we wouldn’t be in this pickle.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 01, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »
Also, get more Vols fans to post here. We all hate CurrDogg, so this is a welcome place.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 01, 2017, 02:33:41 PM »
I think the Tennessee fans as a whole are great.

Agreed.  The ones that came to Dallas in '99-00 for the ass whipping in the Cotton Bowl were nice.

Maybe they've changed since then though.

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 01, 2017, 02:33:44 PM »
Also, get more Vols fans to post here. We all hate CurrDogg, so this is a welcome place.
No. We finally got all the stink out from the Auburn fans.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 01, 2017, 02:34:38 PM »
No. We finally got all the stink out from the Auburn fans.

I think that was the Arkansas smell that was lingering

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 01, 2017, 02:42:39 PM »
Can we get a link to the press conference coming up in here?  :bwpopcorn:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 01, 2017, 02:45:16 PM »

I prefer a version of the truth that fits my narrative.
Most people do.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.