Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 160075 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #900 on: November 30, 2017, 01:42:44 PM »
tennessee fans get what they deserve for dragging schiano's penn state connections into this.

let'em burn.
That's your takeaway from this? Geez

It's mine. They publicly trash every candidate they have then blame Currie when no one wants to take the job. If you don't think these coaches took note of how they treated Schiano you're kidding yourself. Who, with options, wants to come into this mess. They're now pissed about Doeren when they were shitting on him, three hours ago.
I agree.   I don't blame vol fans for lashing out about schiano because they think he's a bad coach.  Many of us here (myself included) did the same thing with oscar. Drumming up pretextual pedophilia cover-up allegations against a coach because you think he sucks at coaching is nastiness on another level.

You don't think Currie deserves any blame here? Tennessee has had sex scandal issues of their own and there are plenty of coaches with records similar to Schiano that haven't been connected in any way to Sandusky. It's just a tone deaf/idiotic move by Currie, whether or not Schiano deserved to be blamed for allowing Sandusky to continue doing what he was doing.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 30, 2017, 02:00:53 PM »
I think UT is a parade of idiots and there's plenty of blame to go around -- from JC to Admin to Donors to Fans.
Unfortunately for the narrative of this site, JC probably doesnt even deserve 50% of the blame in the Tenn crap show.

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 30, 2017, 02:01:43 PM »

You don't think Currie deserves any blame here? Tennessee has had sex scandal issues of their own and there are plenty of coaches with records similar to Schiano that haven't been connected in any way to Sandusky. It's just a tone deaf/idiotic move by Currie, whether or not Schiano deserved to be blamed for allowing Sandusky to continue doing what he was doing.
It's all on Currie and Haslam (who made the call imo).

Once he's our coach, he's linked to us. We don't want to be associated with the Ped Staters in any respect. In a vacuum, he's also not a great coach. Thirdly, his name didn't really come out until Sunday morning. They tried to slide that hire by us, and it failed.

So, take your pick as to why you don't want him (1 and 2 above). We can all wait for the next school that offers the HC job to Schiano. Don't hold your breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 30, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »
I think UT is a parade of idiots and there's plenty of blame to go around -- from JC to Admin to Donors to Fans.
Unfortunately for the narrative of this site, JC probably doesnt even deserve 50% of the blame in the Tenn crap show.

God, we agree too much.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 30, 2017, 02:07:19 PM »

God, we agree too much.

BIG HUG?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:20:16 PM by ksuchris2000 »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 30, 2017, 02:25:20 PM »

God, we agree too much.
Yep.  Nobody is saying that Currie would've made a great hire if it did turn out to be Schiano.  In that respect, yes, Currie deserves blame for trying to hire a lousy coach. 

But guess what, ADs do that crap all the time without fans conjuring up "he was on 'pedo state's [ :facepalm: ] staff!"

In other words, you can criticize a coach or a hire without pinning the candidate as a pedophile-enabler.  I feel like I'm in lala-land having to explain this.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 30, 2017, 02:28:34 PM »
you dudes are ruining this thread with your faux outrage.  Let's get this back on track with more lol's about UT and Currie's humiliation
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 30, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »
you dudes are ruining this thread with your faux outrage.  Let's get this back on track with more lol's about UT and Currie's humiliation

Nailed it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 30, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »

In other words, you can criticize a coach or a hire without pinning the candidate as a pedophile-enabler.  I feel like I'm in lala-land having to explain this.

I get it. And Currie could have chosen to hire a coach with a similar resume that wasn't connected to Penn State in any way. It was a dumb move regardless of the fan reaction.

Do you think a program of Tennessee's stature will hire Schiano in the next couple of years?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 30, 2017, 02:39:15 PM »
any poster who isn't placing 100% of the blame on currie and rejoicing in his downfall is not a true kstate fan.  imo.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 30, 2017, 02:42:13 PM »

It's all on Currie and Haslam (who made the call imo).

Once he's our coach, he's linked to us. We don't want to be associated with the Ped Staters in any respect. In a vacuum, he's also not a great coach. Thirdly, his name didn't really come out until Sunday morning. They tried to slide that hire by us, and it failed.

So, take your pick as to why you don't want him (1 and 2 above). We can all wait for the next school that offers the HC job to Schiano. Don't hold your breath.

Yea, he did that to us too... now we have oscar Weber as a BBall coach......

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 30, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
any poster who isn't placing 100% of the blame on currie and rejoicing in his downfall is not a true kstate fan.  imo.

Nailed it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 30, 2017, 02:47:36 PM »
What a time to be a Tenn BBS'r.  Enjoy orange pride

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 30, 2017, 02:52:19 PM »
Seriously guys, did anyone ever dream we'd get this level of validation of Currie being a POS? Stop nitpicking it.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 30, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
K-Stater's hatred of Currie is the reason The Mustang gets to take a nice little carefree afternoon nap in his office every day.

Actually, do we know if he has even started going into the office? HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN GENE IN PERSON?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: November 30, 2017, 03:03:00 PM »
I am not sure I care if he goes in the office or not.

As long as I don't have to stumble across videos of him in hard hats and seersucker with a smug look on his face i'm cool with it.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 30, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »
K-Stater's hatred of Currie is the reason The Mustang gets to take a nice little carefree afternoon nap in his office every day.

Actually, do we know if he has even started going into the office? HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN GENE IN PERSON?

this is a good point. the mustang could still be living in the Dakotas or wherever it was that he was from for all I know. not sure that I'd recognize him if I did see him though. ventriloquist dummy, he is not.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 30, 2017, 03:15:22 PM »
His name is tay tay
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 30, 2017, 03:18:01 PM »
SEC radio is delicious.

Vol Fan sob fest, and all the other SEC SEC SEC'ers calling in to ask Who TF Tennessee thinks they are, and to laugh at JC, and Vol fans.

It's literally the biggest LOL clown car show in the coaching hiring world since Cornhole's jet sat on 7 tarmacs with no one to take "home".

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 30, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »
Seriously guys, did anyone ever dream we'd get this level of validation of Currie being a POS? Stop nitpicking it.

I'll be honest, I did not... and it feels really good.

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 30, 2017, 03:27:38 PM »
Rumor of Currie's professional demise happening in the near future. Latest rumors are either Sumlin or a Kevin Steele-Tee Martin combo.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 30, 2017, 03:31:06 PM »
Clay Travis acting like Sumlin is a slam dunk is funny to me. Watching him pat his whole back through this crap show is even more entertaining.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 30, 2017, 03:32:18 PM »
Currie seems to be a horrible choice for AD at UT. Why are you so glad to see him leave? tia  :cheers:
just wanted to quote the original post in this thread for a good lol

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 30, 2017, 03:33:09 PM »
One thing I'm trying to do is ignore Clay Travis. But it's kinda difficult.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 30, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »
If Sumlin has what it takes to put up with UT after he just got half a decade of A&M then he's one tough SOB
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best