Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 160006 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #600 on: November 27, 2017, 10:19:08 AM »
  Which they won’t get. So this will be very fun to watch from the sidelines.

Exactly, absolutely no one that will take that job now will satisfy them.

I'd guess they'll either have to overpay for a completely unproven "up and comer" that's too dumb to turn it down or a really old retread that knows he can get a ton of money on his last stop before disappearing from coaching.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 27, 2017, 10:34:08 AM »
It doesn't matter who they get. They can't trash the new guy even 1/5 as much because it is their actions that caused them to get the new guy. Even if they hate the new guy more than schiano, they have to be somewhat accepting. They won't rally twice.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 27, 2017, 10:38:14 AM »
Did they just single handily blacklist Schiano from any potential FT gigs by blasting him so hard publicly? I'd be a bit tentative to move fwd with him after that. Even if I was Memphis or something.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 27, 2017, 10:42:04 AM »
I find it very difficult to believe that John Currie is doing this complete termination and hire of a FB coach in a vacuum or on his own.

The smart thing for UT to do would be to fire JC today, put his head out on a stake for the media to see -- and summarily blame the whole bumbling and fumbling affair on Currie.

UT Administration doesnt really seem to be able to get much of anything right over the past few years and the blame goes much deeper than JC (although he's not in any way blameless).

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 27, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
I find it very difficult to believe that John Currie is doing this complete termination and hire of a FB coach in a vacuum or on his own.

The smart thing for UT to do would be to fire JC today, put his head out on a stake for the media to see -- and summarily blame the whole bumbling and fumbling affair on Currie.

UT Administration doesnt really seem to be able to get much of anything right over the past few years and the blame goes much deeper than JC (although he's not in any way blameless).
Ask Missouri what it's like trying to hire a football coach without an AD.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 27, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »

Ask Missouri what it's like trying to hire a football coach without an AD.

After this debacle, It's going to be even harder to hire someone with AD John Currie.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 27, 2017, 10:47:23 AM »
It doesn't matter who they get. They can't trash the new guy even 1/5 as much because it is their actions that caused them to get the new guy. Even if they hate the new guy more than schiano, they have to be somewhat accepting. They won't rally twice.

I'm not saying they'll go into BID mode again.  The article used the word "embrace".  Outside of a few names on a short list, I don't see these zealots embracing anything other than their pitchforks.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 27, 2017, 11:03:52 AM »

I'm not saying they'll go into BID mode again.  The article used the word "embrace".  Outside of a few names on a short list, I don't see these zealots embracing anything other than their pitchforks.

Fair. I'll give a 30% chance that they embrace and a 70% chance that they are meh.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 27, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »
Did they just single handily blacklist Schiano from any potential FT gigs by blasting him so hard publicly? I'd be a bit tentative to move fwd with him after that. Even if I was Memphis or something.

No, he's the defensive coordinator at Ohio State University. He has Urban Meyer and Bill Belichick as references. He'll have bigger issues with a closer inspection of what he did at Rutgers. He'll get other offers but nothing as "good" as Tennessee.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 27, 2017, 11:22:31 AM »
I might have missed it in the fast paced discussion in this thread but has anything else come out in regards to UT having to pay schiano despite not hiring him?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 27, 2017, 11:22:59 AM »

No, he's the defensive coordinator at Ohio State University. He has Urban Meyer and Bill Belichick as references. He'll have bigger issues with a closer inspection of what he did at Rutgers. He'll get other offers but nothing as "good" as Tennessee.
:thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 27, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »

Yeah, this is exactly correct. The most impressive part of all this is their ability to form a circle jerk of group think. I'm sure there were Tennessee alums who were uncomfortable with the attempt to smear this dude. Those people were either shouted down or didn't feel comfortable speaking up.

They'll do whatever they're told to do and their band leader profits from outrage so it shouldn't be hard to see where this ends up. After they moved on from Gruden it seems like the group now has their sights set on Campbell.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 27, 2017, 11:26:06 AM »
Campbell :love:

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: November 27, 2017, 11:27:52 AM »
I might have missed it in the fast paced discussion in this thread but has anything else come out in regards to UT having to pay schiano despite not hiring him?

My understanding is the MOU was signed by both parties.  Since it was signed, a good lawyer will get UT having to pay Schiano.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 27, 2017, 11:28:42 AM »
Clay Travis (because I don't want to link his tweet: "As the Tennessee search redirects, I'm told current Dallas Cowboy tight end Jason Witten has let Tennessee athletic director John Currie know he would leave the Cowboys to take over the Tennessee football job:"

lolwtf.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 27, 2017, 11:29:06 AM »

Well if he did, he absolutely didn't, he should have been fired yesterday. I don't think he did that though, his history doesn't indicate he'd do that. The Frank stuff was absolutely a coordinated effort between him and the guy this board called the animal. In retrospect it looks like he had some money support from the Ice and Johnson families for hiring oscar, that money for the BTF came in pretty quickly after Frank was gone.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 27, 2017, 11:30:41 AM »
Clay Travis (because I don't want to link his tweet: "As the Tennessee search redirects, I'm told current Dallas Cowboy tight end Jason Witten has let Tennessee athletic director John Currie know he would leave the Cowboys to take over the Tennessee football job:"

lolwtf.

That can't possibly be true, that rumor should go over well in the Cowboys locker room.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 27, 2017, 11:32:28 AM »

lolwtf.

Would take.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Buttons

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 27, 2017, 11:34:19 AM »
Knoxville sports radio makes for a pretty good listen this morning: http://radio.securenetsystems.net/ce/index.cfm?stationCallSign=WKGN2

The level of crazy is off the charts. "The east coast liberal elites tried to force us to hire their coach but we won't have it."

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 27, 2017, 11:44:01 AM »
TBD but we will have to pay him. I think Schiano is preparing to file suit against UT.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 27, 2017, 11:52:37 AM »
Knoxville sports radio makes for a pretty good listen this morning: http://radio.securenetsystems.net/ce/index.cfm?stationCallSign=WKGN2

The level of crazy is off the charts. "The east coast liberal elites tried to force us to hire their coach but we won't have it."

:lol:

That could also go in the Break Up the United States thread.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 27, 2017, 11:52:53 AM »
The Frank stuff was absolutely a coordinated effort between him and the guy this board called the animal. In retrospect it looks like he had some money support from the Ice and Johnson families for hiring oscar, that money for the BTF came in pretty quickly after Frank was gone.

:surprised: