Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 159925 times)

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #350 on: November 25, 2017, 12:55:02 PM »
Right. That weasel's head would explode if he was in the locker room for something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaOFTp5_C8&t=336s

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 25, 2017, 12:57:38 PM »
So reports are having him gauging Peterson, Leach, and Mullen's interest for the job.

I don't know what you think, but that's a solid list to start off.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 25, 2017, 02:33:02 PM »
Why do people like Mullen so much?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 25, 2017, 02:35:21 PM »
OMG, Currie wins if he hires Leach.  If that’s what we missed out on....OMG.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 25, 2017, 02:35:59 PM »
So reports are having him gauging Peterson, Leach, and Mullen's interest for the job.

peterson is not leaving seattle for tennessee. lol. so cross hm off the list.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 25, 2017, 03:56:07 PM »
Quote from: What Leach is NOT thinking
Sucks I got abandoned by my cool AD and left behind with this Schulz dork who’s probably been looking to fire me since Day 1. eff it, I’m bailing to go work for John Currie.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 25, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »
Quote from: What Leach is NOT thinking
Sucks I got abandoned by my cool AD and left behind with this Schulz dork who’s probably been looking to fire me since Day 1. eff it, I’m bailing to go work for John Currie.
:lol:

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2017, 06:11:30 PM »

Rumors of an announcement tomorrow. We'll see how JC did. After this season, it better be a great hire.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2017, 06:17:22 PM »
The inevitable sideshow of a Leach/Currie duo is mos def worth the price of admission.

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »
The top is about to blow off of this place. I've never seen people this angry. Maybe the end of the Battle era in the mid 70s.

JC has let the Gruden rumors hang out there for a month now, and nobody will refute them. If a second tier coach walks to that podium, we may lose a significant part of our fanbase. People are just going to stop caring or following the program.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2017, 06:44:23 PM »
I mean you're a second tier program...

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2017, 06:46:15 PM »
You and Nebraska can commiserate over being being irrelevant for essentially twenty years.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2017, 06:54:32 PM »
You and Nebraska can commiserate over being being irrelevant for essentially twenty years.

With the very cautious bean counter JC at the switch. Sorry, Vols but you're mumped.

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2017, 07:32:39 PM »
Our slide starting in 2001 in the SEC Championship game losing to a backup LSU QB. By 2005, we were not a national contender, and haven't been since.

With the very cautious bean counter JC at the switch. Sorry, Vols but you're mumped.
It's starting to sound like he made a very bad miscalculation by leaving the Gruden rumors out there. When he did make a public statement, it was about pushing for an upcoming stadium renovation. People are expecting a huge hire. If he doesn't come through, it's going to be ugly.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 25, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »
Our slide starting in 2001 in the SEC Championship game losing to a backup LSU QB. By 2005, we were not a national contender, and haven't been since.

It's starting to sound like he made a very bad miscalculation by leaving the Gruden rumors out there. When he did make a public statement, it was about pushing for an upcoming stadium renovation. People are expecting a huge hire. If he doesn't come through, it's going to be ugly.
Look for Currie to check himself into a non-descript Dallas hotel. When this happens it's game on!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 25, 2017, 08:42:19 PM »
The top is about to blow off of this place. I've never seen people this angry. Maybe the end of the Battle era in the mid 70s.

JC has let the Gruden rumors hang out there for a month now, and nobody will refute them. If a second tier coach walks to that podium, we may lose a significant part of our fanbase. People are just going to stop caring or following the program.

No sane person would hold that against Currie. Gruden has turned down NFL jobs to stay at MNF but Genesee Tennessee fans are so stupid and myopic that they thought he'd leave to go there. I would be like us pitching a fit that we don't get get Dabo to replace Snyder.

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 25, 2017, 09:11:49 PM »

No sane person would hold that against Currie. Gruden has turned down NFL jobs to stay at MNF but Genesee Tennessee fans are so stupid and myopic that they thought he'd leave to go there. I would be like us pitching a fit that we don't get get Dabo to replace Snyder.
Gruden has a pretty long history with Tennessee, and he likes the Vols (says he does at least). He has played this game before (2012), so it won't surprise me at all if this is a big tease. I say tease b/c neither JC nor Gruden has shot down the rumors for almost a month now. There really haven't been any credible reports as to whom JC has talked. I wish we just had a normal coaching search where we talked to one coach, he said no, we talked to next coach, etc. Instead, the fans are worked up to a fever pitch. The press conference should be something to behold.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 26, 2017, 10:19:00 AM »

On top of that, I don't know why Tennessee fans assume Gruden would do a good job. Even with Tennessee being a second tier sec program they could get pretty good college candidates.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 26, 2017, 10:35:35 AM »
 :eek:

...the deal, if reached, would be worth upwards of $10M per season for Gruden, with another $8M per season reserved for the salaries of his staff.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon-gruden-talking-to-tennessee-volunteers-about-coaching-vacancy/

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 26, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »

...the deal, if reached, would be worth upwards of $10M per season for Gruden, with another $8M per season reserved for the salaries of his staff.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon-gruden-talking-to-tennessee-volunteers-about-coaching-vacancy/

So colossally stupid. Come on, they aren't going to give that dude $10 million a year

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 26, 2017, 10:54:44 AM »
Gruden hasn’t proved himself to be a $5m per year coach.  I get the upside,  but a lot of unknown.  He could be a huge flop.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 26, 2017, 11:06:50 AM »

So colossally stupid. Come on, they aren't going to give that dude $10 million a year

No doubt.

It would make him the 2nd highest paid coach in CFB behind Saban and he hasn't coached a game in 10 years.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 26, 2017, 11:09:13 AM »
Look at the tennessee 247 guy in that pop-up video.  :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 26, 2017, 01:05:10 PM »

stupid why?
it’s not currie’s money, it costs him nothing.  he’s giving his fans what they want and putting money in his own pocket via 5 years+ of job security.  if it doesn’t work, its’s gruden’s fault, not currie’s and no one would think otherwise

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 26, 2017, 01:06:41 PM »
RT @ClayTravis: Hey @John_Currie you need to resign right now and let me make the rough ridin' hire. This is unacceptable. I will hire t… https://t.co/xjNAdIl4O3