Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 159903 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 01:46:16 PM »
Kinda surprised no one has mentioned his petty attacks on fans/admin staff who he doesn't like. 

Big Orange, don't wear a cow mask to any game.

Would definitely like to hear more details about these ....

I'm happy that he's mooooooooooving on.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Anecdotally, he was not well liked in his first stop in Knoxville. He also learned at the feet of Mike Hamilton, a man partly responsible for tanking our AD. David Blackburn is a local who would have been a slam dunk, and Phil Fulmer made a late run at the job thanks to his donor affiliations. Not many were expecting this.

he wasn't well liked here either but my man pissclams will assure you he wasn't liked both here and at UT the first time around because of inexperience and now he is experienced so I'm sure everyone will absolutely love this completely likeable irl individual. have fun.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 01:50:06 PM »
Live track how many Vol accounts he bans on twitter
@Trogdor_gE

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 01:52:20 PM »
he wasn't well liked here either but my man pissclams will assure you he wasn't liked both here and at UT the first time around because of inexperience and now he is experienced so I'm sure everyone will absolutely love this completely likeable irl individual. have fun.
lol. So what's with cow story? moo?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 01:53:16 PM »
He's a good athletic director if you don't care about how good your football or basketball teams are.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

except that we won a shitload of football while he was here including our b12 champy troph

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 01:55:20 PM »

He's a good athletic director if you don't care about how good your football or basketball teams are.

except that we won a shitload of football while he was here including our b12 champy troph

Also won a basketball title

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 01:56:19 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Anecdotally, he was not well liked in his first stop in Knoxville. He also learned at the feet of Mike Hamilton, a man partly responsible for tanking our AD. David Blackburn is a local who would have been a slam dunk, and Phil Fulmer made a late run at the job thanks to his donor affiliations. Not many were expecting this.

i don't have to like someone to work with them or to acknowledge that they're being successful at their job
i never gave a crap about liking john currie, how i feel about him is inconsequential

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 01:57:14 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

i don't have to like someone to work with them or to acknowledge that they're being successful at their job
i never gave a crap about liking john currie, how i feel about him is inconsequential

It's important to me to like them because I am a fan and I do this for entertainment. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 01:57:18 PM »

Also won a basketball title

And baseball.

2 of those 3 coaches he had nothing to do with and the one he did has burned down the program.

But yeah, titletown was very fun.

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 01:58:40 PM »

At Tennessee, an example of that was Doug Dickey (who coached here and then came back as AD). An ass to be sure, but we didn't have any trouble with the NCAA while he was here.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 01:59:49 PM »
Tennessee, get ready for your coaches to hate their AD, and for prospective new coaches to be apprehensive.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
congrats volguy, I am happy for your program in landing BIG John (<- this is what we call him)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 02:02:33 PM »

I guess if Tennessee has a good coach for either sport who is a university hero and doesn't really have to listen to Currie, then that sport is probably good to go.

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »

I guess if Tennessee has a good coach for either sport who is a university hero and doesn't really have to listen to Currie, then that sport is probably good to go.

Did I read somewhere that KSU had to hire a go between in order for Snyder and Currie to communicate? They basically didn't talk to each other.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 02:11:21 PM »
Hahaha oh man if that's true

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »
Probably not accurate about the intermediary, but probably accurate that Snyder doesn't acnowledge anything Currie says.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 02:18:20 PM »
I thought it was agree that is why Kill was here?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2017, 02:19:12 PM »

Did I read somewhere that KSU had to hire a go between in order for Snyder and Currie to communicate? They basically didn't talk to each other.

currie and Snyder didn't even talk at church and currie is the reason that frank martin left kstate for usc.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 02:20:12 PM »

There are many people who claim to be in the know, who claim that this is true.  I have zero personal first hand knowledge tho.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »
Kinda surprised no one has mentioned his petty attacks on fans/admin staff who he doesn't like. 

Big Orange, don't wear a cow mask to any game.

Would definitely like to hear more details about these ....

I'm happy that he's mooooooooooving on.

Surprised Trim didn't want to relive this glory.
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=38925.0

CN: Cheap tickets.  Some here call OSU the Cows.  Some here buy tickets and cow masks for people to attend the game to feign support for our emaw hero Brad Underwood and current coach of the "cows."  Suddenly there is security bird dogging students who wear cow masks at the game.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2017, 02:22:19 PM »

currie and Snyder didn't even talk at church and currie is the reason that frank martin left kstate for usc.
wow :runaway:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 02:30:45 PM »
hey big orange, do you guys have fundraising events in the summer?  if so, could you go and take pictures of Currie wearing bib overalls, or whatever your fans wear, and post here please.

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2017, 02:36:35 PM »
hey big orange, do you guys have fundraising events in the summer?  if so, could you go and take pictures of Currie wearing bib overalls, or whatever your fans wear, and post here please.
We do. The Big Orange caravan makes several stops around Tennessee and in Atlanta.

If some schadenfreude is what you're looking for (that's about all we live for here now), our football coach does not like having others meddle in his affairs. He doesn't take criticism well. I assume he and Currie will butt heads frequently. Apparently, Rick Barnes is not happy about this development either. Should be entertaining.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2017, 02:36:46 PM »
or anything like this

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2017, 02:40:39 PM »
or anything like this

Here's legendary football coach Derek Dooley micromanaging