Author Topic: Currie...adios!  (Read 15431 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Currie...adios!
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »
Lol, I'm surprised that didn't get currie fired on the spot
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2017, 04:34:05 PM »
Probably happened when the animal was still here.  :frown:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2017, 04:38:01 PM »
How many sports radio shows in the US are named "The Drive"?

:love:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2017, 08:27:59 PM »

I don't believe an ounce of that story.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2017, 08:31:18 PM »

The entire outfit should be insta fired for giving that eff face ryan wallace a mouthpiece to spew his crap
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2017, 12:03:30 AM »

The entire outfit should be insta fired for giving that eff face ryan wallace a mouthpiece to spew his crap

It happened as he described it.

Trust me.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2017, 02:15:11 PM »

Trust me.

I don't, sorry.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2017, 02:37:17 PM »

Trust me.

I don't, sorry.

This is the same guy that had minions dig through the trash to find a receipt tied to a mbb player and forced the kid to forego playing in his final game at KSU,

the same guy that blackmailed Angel Rodriguez into staying at KSU after Martin was forced out,

the same guy that also tried to blackmail a wbb player that wanted to transfer after her coach was fired,

the same guy that forced the baseball coach to take down a Tweet showing Frank Martin visiting the baseball team during a weight lifting session in South Carolina,

the same guy that purposely omitted even listing Frank Martin's bio as a former mbb coach on the school's athletic website...

Yeah, you're right, telling a legendary football coach to "sit your ass down" is totally out of character.   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2017, 02:56:19 PM »

Trust me.

I don't, sorry.

This is the same guy that had minions dig through the trash to find a receipt tied to a mbb player and forced the kid to forego playing in his final game at KSU,

the same guy that blackmailed Angel Rodriguez into staying at KSU after Martin was forced out,

the same guy that also tried to blackmail a wbb player that wanted to transfer after her coach was fired,

the same guy that forced the baseball coach to take down a Tweet showing Frank Martin visiting the baseball team during a weight lifting session in South Carolina,

the same guy that purposely omitted even listing Frank Martin's bio as a former mbb coach on the school's athletic website...

Yeah, you're right, telling a legendary football coach to "sit your ass down" is totally out of character.

Now tell me the biggest difference between all of those and the story that Wallace told that you are backing up, I will even ignore the couple of exaggerations and mistruths in the stories above.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2017, 03:49:31 PM »

Trust me.

I don't, sorry.

Now tell me the biggest difference between all of those and the story that Wallace told that you are backing up, I will even ignore the couple of exaggerations and mistruths in the stories above.

You first...what "exaggerations and mistruths?"

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2017, 07:47:00 PM »
Neither Angel or Leti were blackmailed. Leti certainly should have gotten her release but she wasn't blackmailed, do you know what blackmail is?

Currie did not order the baseball tweet removed, it was reported that it was removed because someone in the department was sensitive to his potential reaction.

The obvious difference between all of those stories and the one that Wallace told is that those other stories have been told and reported on by several sources. If John Currie told the golf coach to sit his ass down, we would have heard about it, that isn't an occurrence that just blows over. If John Currie told LHC Bill Snyder to sit his ass down, one of them would have had to go. I am also 1000000% sure that the first time we heard about it wouldn't have been to a random coaching rumor website from Ryan Wallace. Ryan's employer runs a business where it would have been incredibly lucrative for that story to surface in a different manner than what it did.

It's stunning that anyone over the age of 10 has to have this explained to. The irony of this is that if you came on here and told the story, i would have been more inclined to believe it. I certainly would have questioned the delayed timing of the story but there would have been less reason to be skeptical. A part time writer revealing this story for the first time to a radio station where he thought no one locally would hear is absurd. Fitz has been on every radio station in Kansas, has written multiple columns, and hosted a 90 minute podcast since Currie left. Do you really think that story would have been known to Wallace and no one else in that office?

I'm guessing you and the wedding DJamer had the same source, be more skeptical.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2017, 08:25:35 PM »
i believe it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2017, 08:34:49 PM »
I would believe John currie would tell people that
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2017, 08:51:29 PM »
I am very willing to believe that something approximately like that story happened. John Currie is a very insecure and arrogant man. I don't think it necessarily would make it out into the media all that easily, I would imagine Bill threatened everyone with their life if they told that story to anyone. He wouldn't want the reputation of K-State to suffer because of a disagreement he had with the AD, even if it was the other guy that was out of line. I certainly don't think it's so unbelievable as to suggest that you'd have to be touched in the head to entertain its veracity. I may not be the most unbiased guy though. I want to believe every bad thing I hear about John Currie because he's a giant eff face and he deserves to have his reputation pulled through the mud since he has been so willing to let that happen to anybody else who gets in his way.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2017, 08:53:57 PM »
Can we do more threads where people chime in about people they barely know?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2017, 08:54:24 PM »
Or better yet, have never met

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2017, 10:17:55 PM »

The disbelief doesn't come from whether or not Currie has the capacity to say that, I don't know the man that well despite the fact I've spoken to him more than once. The disbelief is from the pretty obvious problematic way the story was brought to light.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2017, 10:35:54 PM »
Neither Angel or Leti were blackmailed. Leti certainly should have gotten her release but she wasn't blackmailed, do you know what blackmail is?

Currie did not order the baseball tweet removed, it was reported that it was removed because someone in the department was sensitive to his potential reaction.

The obvious difference between all of those stories and the one that Wallace told is that those other stories have been told and reported on by several sources. If John Currie told the golf coach to sit his ass down, we would have heard about it, that isn't an occurrence that just blows over. If John Currie told LHC LHC Bill Snyder to sit his ass down, one of them would have had to go. I am also 1000000% sure that the first time we heard about it wouldn't have been to a random coaching rumor website from Ryan Wallace. Ryan's employer runs a business where it would have been incredibly lucrative for that story to surface in a different manner than what it did.

It's stunning that anyone over the age of 10 has to have this explained to. The irony of this is that if you came on here and told the story, i would have been more inclined to believe it. I certainly would have questioned the delayed timing of the story but there would have been less reason to be skeptical. A part time writer revealing this story for the first time to a radio station where he thought no one locally would hear is absurd. Fitz has been on every radio station in Kansas, has written multiple columns, and hosted a 90 minute podcast since Currie left. Do you really think that story would have been known to Wallace and no one else in that office?

I'm guessing you and the wedding DJamer had the same source, be more skeptical.

Blackmail comes from Leti's own account. She was ther and we were not, so believe what you want. But if Currie told her he will not grant her release unless she stays at least one year and remains quiet about the deal, that IS blackmail.

The Big Train

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2017, 10:46:35 PM »

The disbelief doesn't come from whether or not Currie has the capacity to say that, I don't know the man that well despite the fact I've spoken to him more than once. The disbelief is from the pretty obvious problematic way the story was brought to light.

I've met Currie several times and he seemed like a better guy than his public persona that this blogs sees him as

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2017, 10:58:36 PM »

I've met Currie several times and he seemed like a better guy than his public persona that this blogs sees him as

I'd agree but the times I've dealt with him he's been in dealing with the customer mode.

I will also say for the people who say they could imagine him saying that; it's a pretty big departure from what attributes he is given by people on this message board. I think i may have met maybe three people in my entire life who if in Currie's position would tell LHC Bill Snyder to sit his ass down, and I don't think any of those three would have the brains and temperament to become a P5 athletic director and stay one for nine years. A person who frames Jamar with a receipt at Dillons isn't the same person who would tell LHC Bill Snyder to sit his ass down. If he has the balls to do that he has the balls to run Frank without going through whatever to screw Jamar.

The Big Train

« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2017, 11:04:44 PM »

I'd agree but the times I've dealt with him he's been in dealing with the customer mode.

I will also say for the people who say they could imagine him saying that; it's a pretty big departure from what attributes he is given by people on this message board. I think i may have met maybe three people in my entire life who if in Currie's position would tell LHC Bill Snyder to sit his ass down, and I don't think any of those three would have the brains and temperament to become a P5 athletic director and stay one for nine years. A person who frames Jamar with a receipt at Dillons isn't the same person who would tell LHC Bill Snyder to sit his ass down. If he has the balls to do that he has the balls to run Frank without going through whatever to screw Jamar.

Most of my times talking with him have been in closed athlete type environments. I think those are much more genuine than open public events. That's where my view comes from, I can't really speak outside of that from experience.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2017, 12:12:41 AM »
A person who frames Jamar with a receipt at Dillons isn't the same person who would tell LHC LHC Bill Snyder to sit his ass down. If he has the balls to do that he has the balls to run Frank without going through whatever to screw Jamar.

Who said Jamar was framed?

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2017, 12:15:18 AM »

If they acted out of sensitivity to a reaction that they predicted Currie would exhibit, then it was based on established behavior, and then Currie is responsible for the action.

sheesh!

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2017, 12:18:20 AM »
The obvious difference between all of those stories and the one that Wallace told is that those other stories have been told and reported on by several sources.

And for the record, I was the source of the "why isn't Frank Martin's bio on the website." I emailed Schultz about it and he feigned ignorance that it was an accidental oversight. Look it up yourself.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2017, 12:24:09 PM »

Most of my times talking with him have been in closed athlete type environments. I think those are much more genuine than open public events. That's where my view comes from, I can't really speak outside of that from experience.
I know servers that have waited on him. Their impressions of him have been that he's an awkward dork that makes bad jokes (like ordering a salad for his wife and saying to the table that he's putting her on a diet) and is kind of a cheap bad person.  :dunno: