Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 43374 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
saying mahomes had a bad game (2 games ago) really did a number on ol' cf3.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
saying mahomes had a bad game (2 games ago) really did a number on ol' cf3.

In hindsight the Jets are just very good at defense. Oh well. We all make mistakes.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
All love buddy

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm saying the Jets defensive scheme causes good QBs to have bad games and I overreacted.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The last couple pages are a great example of why I can't pit. No one is actually debating or stating a position. Good grief you guys are obsessed with Dax.

Feel free to leave, then. But thanks for stopping by. With Wacky gone, the pit is almost exclusively for dax arguing incoherently with like every other poster (although I have him on ignore and try not to directly engage with him).
Cartier, pay no attention to #blogkaren here. He’s such a little baby he has complete meltdowns if anyone says anything mean about his boy, Pedo Pete.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trumpers keeping their eye on important issues.  Explains their success at the polls and not at all getting humiliated at midterms
All Trump, all the time . . . #slowdug 24/7/365

Even when Trump isn’t even mentioned. Here comes #slowdug gurgling on and on about Trump and MAGA

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yes, my entire take has been centered around the financial aspect of all of this. Brilliant analysis BAC

You're in full blown deflectocon mode  :lol:

Just for my own Dacian edification…is deflectocon a play on decepticon like from Transformers or is it con as in convention like a convention of deflectos?
A cat level derp

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Has any trans cyclist attempted to compete on the elite level and been turned down?

It’s a fringe sport so you shouldn’t pay any attention to it . . . #blueanongE whackadoo logic

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I’m not triggered! You’re triggered!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Let him cook!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Has any trans cyclist attempted to compete on the elite level and been turned down?

It’s a fringe sport so you shouldn’t pay any attention to it . . . #blueanongE whackadoo logic

MTF cyclists are currently banned at the elite level. So, yeah

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The last couple pages are a great example of why I can't pit. No one is actually debating or stating a position. Good grief you guys are obsessed with Dax.

The framing of this latest dax post has been made before, in this very thread. Literally, at least the second time he's posted about a trans woman participating in some local bike race and framed it as a threat to women's place in sports. Does this need to be debated every time this specific issue is brought up? Do you spend time debating with people who you know are making bad faith arguments that are explicitly not made to spur conversation?

The middle ground on this particular issue is a very easy one to stand on, easier than almost any other hot button issue, and it's been made several times in this thread by several people, I'm not sure what else you're looking for here.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Just my interpretation, but I think what CF3 was trying to convey was “even though this doesn’t affect me in any meaningful way, I don’t like this, but I’m not sure how to articulate why it bothers me without sounding like a transphobe”

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just my interpretation, but I think what CF3 was trying to convey was “even though this doesn’t affect me in any meaningful way, I don’t like this, but I’m not sure how to articulate why it bothers me without sounding like a transphobe”

Na. My original post was because I saw this thread had some action and I thought "hey, maybe there's some interesting discussion in here" only to see it was the usual pit trash that comes with the pit. So I posted that the silly pit'ing is lame. Then Rusty asked my opinion on the bike race and I shared that if I was involved I'd probably feel like it was unfair, which to Rusty was a gotcha moment for whatever reason.

Also, all of us have opinions on things that don't affect us in any meaningful way, and that's ok.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Then Rusty asked my opinion on the bike race and I shared that if I was involved I'd probably feel like it was unfair, which to Rusty was a gotcha moment for whatever reason.

That's his schtick.. The pit is just schticks

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
If you don't like the pit, stop coming to the pit. It's the same 3 people on a rotating basis and they have the gall to call us obsessed lol.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
And mysteriously they all seem to be attracted to this thread in particular

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Might ponder to yourself why you feel that way 7?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Na. My original post was because I saw this thread had some action and I thought "hey, maybe there's some interesting discussion in here" only to see it was the usual pit trash that comes with the pit. So I posted that the silly pit'ing is lame. Then Rusty asked my opinion on the bike race and I shared that if I was involved I'd probably feel like it was unfair, which to Rusty was a gotcha moment for whatever reason.

Also, all of us have opinions on things that don't affect us in any meaningful way, and that's ok.

I don't think you want to have a sincere discussion about transgender rights any more than dax does, and that's OK.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’m not triggered! You’re triggered!

Translation - I am such a complete psycho that I even get mad when Dax responds to someone who wants a response from him

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Everyone with single brain cell understands that the moment one or two trans women want to ride on the Elite and are denied.  There will be another crap storm.

I've documented this repeatedly on this blog as to what occurs when cis-gendered women attempt to stand up for themselves.

The terrible part is, the cis-gendered males that facilitate these meltdowns and their ridiculous equivocations and explanations.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 10:43:52 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There are a lot of things in sports that are so called unfair. Why does a local bike race have a larger significance/ platform than any other unfair situations in sports? What's a more common unjust situation in our society? A trans woman winning a bike race or underfunded city athletic programs forced to play on the same field as suburban schools who get a disproportionate amount of local and state funding? What's more damaging to the psyche and physical well being of the competitors, a 37 year old woman finishing third instead of second in a bike race or a 15 year old, sophomore, 170 pound offensive tackle from KC Turner having to play a district game against a 280 pound junior who has 3 weightlifting classes a day from Mill Valley?

It's astounding to me the disproportionate amount of care and attention that trans women in sports get, it's really hard to believe the issue is simply about fairness, not when we're treating 9th grade c team volleyball players like they're a threat to public safety.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Everyone with single brain cell understands that the moment one or two trans women want to ride on the Elite and are denied.  There will be another crap storm.

I've documented this repeatedly on this blog as to what occurs when cis-gendered women attempt to stand up for themselves.

The terrible part is, the cis-gendered males that facilitate these meltdowns and their ridiculous equivocations and explanations.

Why deal in hypotheticals when you can just discuss the actual rules? Here is the current policy for elite competitions:

Those who transition from female to male (FTM) are eligible to compete in the male category upon providing a written and signed declaration acceptable to the UCI Medical Manager. It is the responsibility of athletes to be aware of current WADA/USADA policies and to file for appropriate therapeutic use exemptions.

Those who transition from male to female (MTF) are eligible to compete in the female category under the following conditions:
1. The athlete has declared that their gender identity is female.
2. The athlete must demonstrate that their total testosterone level in serum has been below 2.5 nmol/L for a period of at least 24 months.
3. The athlete's total testosterone level in serum must remain below 2.5 nmol/L throughout the period of desired eligibility to compete in the female category.

https://usacycling.org/about-us/governance/transgender-athletes-policy

Do you have an issue with the actual policy?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No, but I can assure you that someone does.  That policy is very exclusionary as it should be.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Why deal in hypotheticals when you can just discuss the actual rules? Here is the current policy for elite competitions:

Those who transition from female to male (FTM) are eligible to compete in the male category upon providing a written and signed declaration acceptable to the UCI Medical Manager. It is the responsibility of athletes to be aware of current WADA/USADA policies and to file for appropriate therapeutic use exemptions.

Those who transition from male to female (MTF) are eligible to compete in the female category under the following conditions:
1. The athlete has declared that their gender identity is female.
2. The athlete must demonstrate that their total testosterone level in serum has been below 2.5 nmol/L for a period of at least 24 months.
3. The athlete's total testosterone level in serum must remain below 2.5 nmol/L throughout the period of desired eligibility to compete in the female category.

https://usacycling.org/about-us/governance/transgender-athletes-policy

Do you have an issue with the actual policy?
I think that is actually out of date because it looks like the international cycling commission banned all MTF athletes