Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 42450 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well they completely determine how to run their competition and don’t seem at all apologetic about a trans person winning. Why do you think that is?
Because they understand the ramifications of not going along

My FLM you are so obtuse

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What is an example of an organizing body who was punished for “not going along”?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What is an example of an organizing body who was punished for “not going along”?
You’ve seen the actions towards individuals and women’s (cis of course) groups when they don’t go along. So what will change for any “organizing body” if they don’t go along?

Answer: Nothing

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You’ve seen the actions towards individuals and women’s (cis of course) groups when they don’t go along. So what will change for any “organizing body” if they don’t go along?

Answer: Nothing
This is from the link you posted:

On their website, the Chicago CrossCup said they welcome transgender athletes and that they follow USA Cycling’s Transgender Athlete Participation policies, which allows participants in non-elite races to self-select their gender.

So it sure seems like USA Cycling is “not going along” in elite races without much blowback.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Haa there been any trans women attempt to compete in elite races?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 12:09:22 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
In fairness, now that I’m aware there’s an opportunity to win $150…I’m seriously considering changing genders…

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#blueanon deflectocon theater rolled in hard on this one.  :thumbsup:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
USAC is basically out here incentivizing men to become women. Actually, no, incentivizing isn’t the right word. They’re making it fiscally irresponsible for any man who knows how to ride a bike not to become a woman.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yes, my entire take has been centered around the financial aspect of all of this. Brilliant analysis BAC

You're in full blown deflectocon mode  :lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Trumpers keeping their eye on important issues.  Explains their success at the polls and not at all getting humiliated at midterms

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Yes, my entire take has been centered around the financial aspect of all of this. Brilliant analysis BAC

You're in full blown deflectocon mode  :lol:

Just for my own Dacian edification…is deflectocon a play on decepticon like from Transformers or is it con as in convention like a convention of deflectos?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
The last couple pages are a great example of why I can't pit. No one is actually debating or stating a position. Good grief you guys are obsessed with Dax.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
The last couple pages are a great example of why I can't pit. No one is actually debating or stating a position. Good grief you guys are obsessed with Dax.

Feel free to leave, then. But thanks for stopping by. With Wacky gone, the pit is almost exclusively for dax arguing incoherently with like every other poster (although I have him on ignore and try not to directly engage with him).

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Feel free to leave, then. But thanks for stopping by. With Wacky gone, the pit is almost exclusively for dax arguing incoherently with like every other poster (although I have him on ignore and try not to directly engage with him).

Good call. I'll stick to the Chiefs thread. Enjoy Dax and Lib7 chasing each other around like school girls all day.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Do you have an opinion on the trans cyclists winning a couple races in Chicago?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

:dunno:

Delusional rants and unsupported claims

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sure. I don't think it's fair, regardless of outcome for men (or transwomen) to compete in an event set up for women. It looked like a niche event, so they can set it up however they like. So if I were involved in the event, I'd probably be a little angry about a women't category being won by men (or TW).

But Rusty, we probably don't agree on what defines womenhood, so I don't know how to have that discussion.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Delusional rants and unsupported claims

fair enough

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sure. I don't think it's fair, regardless of outcome for men (or transwomen) to compete in an event set up for women. It looked like a niche event, so they can set it up however they like. So if I were involved in the event, I'd probably be a little angry about a women't category being won by men (or TW).

But Rusty, we probably don't agree on what defines womenhood, so I don't know how to have that discussion.

maybe you could start by asking yourself why you care how a niche cycling event you probably had never heard of outside of anti-trans weirdo circles determines its competition eligibility? Then you don't even need to worry about how to define womanhood.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Read my post. I said it's a niche event they can set up however they like. I said IF I WERE INVOLVED IN IT I'd have feelings about it. The only reason I gave it my attention is because you asked my opinion of it. Good grief.

"what's your opinion about the event?"
"Doesn't seem fair"
"Maybe ask why you care about the event I brought up CF3."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
I fully expect that in cycling, as a full-body contact sport, you’re going to get hit at some point.

:excited:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Read my post. I said it's a niche event they can set up however they like. I said IF I WERE INVOLVED IN IT I'd have feelings about it. The only reason I gave it my attention is because you asked my opinion of it. Good grief.

"what's your opinion about the event?"
"Doesn't seem fair"
"Maybe ask why you care about the event I brought up CF3."

You also said you didn't know how to have a discussion about it

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Right, again, because you asked my opinion.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Look at mich and cf3 chasing each other around like school girls, smdh
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Look at mich and cf3 chasing each other around like school girls, smdh