Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 43238 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
LGBTQ stuff is getting used as a wedge issue by Republicans for a reason. This thread is great example why.

It's also a key part of the bigger fight to reinstate the right to legally discriminate, which I see at the ultimate goal of many on the right.
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
@bac

Hey man people can say and feel whatever they want. I was just expressing that I strongly disagree with that particular sentiment. I’m not PIing anyone.

You know what I always say, "stop pv$$y footing around"

I feel like you’re trying to exploit the fact that I’m a tiny d fanboi now

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LGBTQ stuff is getting used as a wedge issue by Republicans for a reason. This thread is great example why.

It's also a key part of the bigger fight to reinstate the right to legally discriminate, which I see at the ultimate goal of many on the right.

Bingo

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that would surprise me quite a bit.

Did you hear about gays accused of being groomers between like 20 and 3 years ago?
Do you ever remember Pride Month getting this much blowback?

Republicans won't stop with anti trans crap, they'll come after gay marriage soon

I mean, adults demanding law that require visual genital inspection of children seem to be pretty damn new also.

Well, girls with penises is pretty new so it actually makes sense for that law to not have been on the books for long.

Define "pretty new".

The entirety of recorded human history isn’t really that long I mean the universe is like 14 billion years old for cryin out loud

You're trying to be cute here but your unintentionally and incorrectly proving his point. "Girls with penises" is not new because it's non-existent. FTM gender affirming surgery isn't performed on minors anywhere in the world. The World Professional Association for Transgender Health does not recommend bottom surgery on anyone under 18 and only allows for top surgery in teens in very specific situations.

We shouldn't crap post when discussing all of the dangerous misinformation about trans people, particularly when they're attempting to illustrate what they call grooming and indoctrination.

I think that "girls with penises" was referring to mtf trans people who haven't had surgery.

Maybe. Either way, that's very rough ridin' gross language to use, particularly about children.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
great news for the state of Texas, hero/patriot Greg Abbot has signed into law senate bill 15, expanding the ban on trans athletes participating on any team other than what they were assigned at birth, from K-12 to now include college sports. Finally cleansing the State of this scourge.

Honestly, I did not see this coming (who could have?), and I am very surprised.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/15/politics/texas-transgender-college-athletes-ban/index.html#:~:text=Texas%20Republican%20Gov.%20Greg%20Abbott,schools%20from%20doing%20the%20same.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Feel like your guys social media/news outlets/smart phones have their algorithm for you pretty dialed in.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
trans issues enraging #blueanon/#blueanongE:

-Some states banning on demand gender reassignment procedures on minors as requested by adults

-Some states banning on demand hormone gender treatments on minors as requested by adults

-Some states banning adults sexing up the kids

-Some states saying that biological males have to compete against biological males on the field and courts of play

-Some states not allowing biological adult males to go into cis-gendered female dressing rooms and shower with the 12 year old girls

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that would surprise me quite a bit.

Did you hear about gays accused of being groomers between like 20 and 3 years ago?
Do you ever remember Pride Month getting this much blowback?

Republicans won't stop with anti trans crap, they'll come after gay marriage soon

I mean, adults demanding law that require visual genital inspection of children seem to be pretty damn new also.

Well, girls with penises is pretty new so it actually makes sense for that law to not have been on the books for long.

Define "pretty new".

The entirety of recorded human history isn’t really that long I mean the universe is like 14 billion years old for cryin out loud

You're trying to be cute here but your unintentionally and incorrectly proving his point. "Girls with penises" is not new because it's non-existent. FTM gender affirming surgery isn't performed on minors anywhere in the world. The World Professional Association for Transgender Health does not recommend bottom surgery on anyone under 18 and only allows for top surgery in teens in very specific situations.

We shouldn't crap post when discussing all of the dangerous misinformation about trans people, particularly when they're attempting to illustrate what they call grooming and indoctrination.

I think that "girls with penises" was referring to mtf trans people who haven't had surgery.

Maybe. Either way, that's very rough ridin' gross language to use, particularly about children.

wtf

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
dax WRT your last bullet point, in which state(s) is it legal for adults (regardless of the sex they were assigned at birth) to shower with 12 year old girls?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Feel like your guys social media/news outlets/smart phones have their algorithm for you pretty dialed in.

yeah guys maybe try not giving a crap?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
dax WRT your last bullet point, in which state(s) is it legal for adults (regardless of the sex they were assigned at birth) to shower with 12 year old girls?

I posted articles on this very blog BAC. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
great news for the state of Texas, hero/patriot Greg Abbot has signed into law senate bill 15, expanding the ban on trans athletes participating on any team other than what they were assigned at birth, from K-12 to now include college sports. Finally cleansing the State of this scourge.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/15/politics/texas-transgender-college-athletes-ban/index.html#:~:text=Texas%20Republican%20Gov.%20Greg%20Abbott,schools%20from%20doing%20the%20same.
Honestly I take less issue with college athletes. It's still wrong if the NCAA allows it, but it's less cruel than having high school kids playing sports that don't matter at all

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

The fact that i am able to form a cogent sentence is evidence that I don't read all of your gish gallop postings. I doubt very much anyone here does. Maybe you could help me find those links (i am very slow, always a lap down or more)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

yeah guys maybe try not giving a crap?
Keyboards are a helluva drug

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The fact that i am able to form a cogent sentence is evidence that I don't read all of your gish gallop postings. I doubt very much anyone here does. Maybe you could help me find those links (i am very slow, always a lap down or more)

#blueanon/#blueanongE lost their mind over the story about the woman who reported the trans man in California who she said was in the women's locker room watching minor cis-gendered girls changing in out of their swimsuits.  She was just a Karen and the cis-gendered male TERFbashers (unilaterally declared TERF's BTW) made sure she knew that.  The trans man by policy is allowed to use the women's dressing room.

I posted the article about the then 17 year old cis-gendered female swimmer in Santee, CA who complained about the tran-man walking around naked in the women's dressing room, allowed by policy.  Needless to say the cis-gendered male tough guy TERF Bashers (TERF's as unilaterally declared by them) didn't take very kindly to the young woman's complaints.  How dare these cis-gendered women complain about the biological man in their most private of spaces!!

The fact that you have deluded yourself into believing that you post cognizant thoughts is  :lol: :lol: :lol: .  You are constantly 5 laps down and 95% of your posts are utterly nonsensical and your attempts to stay seated at the cool kids table are just  :lol: :lol:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Honestly I take less issue with college athletes. It's still wrong if the NCAA allows it, but it's less cruel than having high school kids playing sports that don't matter at all
And also just insane that the state legislature feels the need to get involved in how kindergartners are allowed to play sports?

Even if it was well meaning (it’s not) this type of legislation is worse than the stupid steroids in baseball congressional hearings.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

yeah i agree, the K-12 ban is exponentially more cruel. I was just making note of another instance of "thing A happening" for the ledger.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yeah i agree, the K-12 ban is exponentially more cruel. I was just making note of another instance of "thing A happening" for the ledger.

Using real words, what are these K-12 students being banned from exactly?  Are they being banned from participating in sports?

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

#blueanon/#blueanongE lost their mind over the story about the woman who reported the trans man in California who she said was in the women's locker room watching minor cis-gendered girls changing in out of their swimsuits.  She was just a Karen and the cis-gendered male TERFbashers (unilaterally declared TERF's BTW) made sure she knew that.  The trans man by policy is allowed to use the women's dressing room.

I posted the article about the then 17 year old cis-gendered female swimmer in Santee, CA who complained about the tran-man walking around naked in the women's dressing room, allowed by policy.  Needless to say the cis-gendered male tough guy TERF Bashers (TERF's as unilaterally declared by them) didn't take very kindly to the young woman's complaints.  How dare these cis-gendered women complain about the biological man in their most private of spaces!!

The fact that you have deluded yourself into believing that you post cognizant thoughts is  :lol: :lol: :lol: .  You are constantly 5 laps down and 95% of your posts are utterly nonsensical and your attempts to stay seated at the cool kids table are just  :lol: :lol:

if i was worried about having a seat at the cool kids table i would hold my tongue instead of picking fights with guys like dlew. I'm just me. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

if i was worried about having a seat at the cool kids table i would hold my tongue instead of picking fights with guys like dlew. I'm just me.

Gibberish about nothing #onbrand

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Using real words, what are these K-12 students being banned from exactly?  Are they being banned from participating in sports?

They are either banned from being trans or from participating in sports. Really what Republicans want is to ban them from being trans, the sports bans are just an easy signal to trans kids that they aren't welcome in Texas or other states that ban them from participating in sports.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Basically if a school-based sport says, “boys basketball” or “girls soccer,” you can’t play it unless your birth certificate matches whatever the designation is.

Girls can play “boys” sports IF there is no girls-only offering.

Unless I’m misreading, it goes way beyond even the trans issue because you hear all the time about girls in grade school competing in boys’ sports just because they want the extra level of competition. Ironically it seems like this kills that for the sake of protecting the sanctity of women’s sports.

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/873/billtext/pdf/HB00025F.pdf#navpanes=0

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Basically if a school-based sport says, “boys basketball” or “girls soccer,” you can’t play it unless your birth certificate matches whatever the designation is.

Unless I’m misreading, it goes way beyond even the trans issue because you hear all the time about girls in grade school competing in boys’ sports just because they want the extra level of competition. Ironically it seems like this kills that for the sake of protecting the sanctity of women’s sports.

That's a long way of saying that no one is being banned from participating in sports and no one is being banned from being trans.

It's a totally fallacy that is being perpetrated by insane lunatics on this blog and elsewhere in society.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That's a long way of saying that no one is being banned from participating in sports and no one is being banned from being trans.

It's a totally fallacy that is being perpetrated by insane lunatics on this blog and elsewhere in society.
I disagree, but even taking that as true, do you agree with me that the legislation limits elite females’ ability to compete at their desired level of competition?