Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 43226 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Agreed.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
The Gervais special was pretty good imo. I don’t love when comedians explain themselves, but his POV is similar to mine when it comes to comedians making fun of people. No. 1, you have to be funny. He is.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That Ricky special was a huge nothing burger. Classic cancel culture.

I think the vast majority of people who like comedy are a-ok with comedians being offensive. It's just that Twitter amplifies dissenting voices, thanks to other media picking up the ball and running with it.

Bingo. Then the outrage peddlers get to claim that someone is cancelled and the cycle continues.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
And to be fair, I think Gervais was intentionally trying to provoke those types of folks, because he truly does not seem to give a youknowwhat. Might even be good for business.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I watched Eddie Murphy's Delirious a year or two ago. The first part is super cringey homophobic. People didn't really get that at the time. I'd say the same about Gervais on transgender people now. It's gonna look a lot worse down the road.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I watched Eddie Murphy's Delirious a year or two ago. The first part is super cringey homophobic. People didn't really get that at the time. I'd say the same about Gervais on transgender people now. It's gonna look a lot worse down the road.

Lolwut? People absolutely got it. It’s also way more mean-spirited than Gervais or Chappelle for that matter.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Lolwut? People absolutely got it. It’s also way more mean-spirited than Gervais or Chappelle for that matter.

People got the jokes but didn't get how bad the homophobia would look thirty years down the road

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I absolutely love how much the term “cancel culture” enrages @MIR every time. Easiest #blessed layup of all time.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Lolwut? People absolutely got it.

Public disparagement of gay people and dismissiveness of their concerns was widely acceptable back then. Murphy was saying the sorts of things lots of people were, just in a funnier way.

Public disparagement of transgender people and dismissiveness of their concerns is widely acceptable now. Gervais is saying the sorts of things lots of people are, just in a funnier way.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If anything, he offended Christian’s more in that skit than anything, but that’s part of equality comedy. Everyone gets a ribbing. I’d probably suggest comedy stand up probably isn’t for the people who are easily triggered by all things these days.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I absolutely love how much the term “cancel culture” enrages @MIR every time. Easiest #blessed layup of all time.

It's absolutely the stupidest rough ridin' thing in our current discourse, just complete nonsense. Stop acting like you didn't mean it, you 100% believe in cancel culture.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's absolutely the stupidest rough ridin' thing in our current discourse, just complete nonsense. Stop acting like you didn't mean it, you 100% believe in cancel culture.
:lol: Holy crap!  :lol:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This is his new thing. Say stupid crap, get called out, and then claim he was trolling.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If anything, he offended Christian’s more in that skit than anything, but that’s part of equality comedy. Everyone gets a ribbing. I’d probably suggest comedy stand up probably isn’t for the people who are easily triggered by all things these days.

I go to standup shows almost weekly and rarely see anything offensive or "triggering" and I laugh constantly. There's so many great comics out there.

The majority of folks that like what Chappelle and Gervais are doing now like that they're attacking trans folks and Christians.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lol. Nope. MIR turns into the rough ridin' hulk any time that term is brought up and you (@Spracne) just go around patting others on the back with whatever the popular take is these days. You two are the most calculated people on this board. I'd call MIR a psychopath that nobody calls out, but that's too simple and easy to state.

Remember that time MIR posted about wanting to kill a bunch of white people that doesn't think the way he thinks? He hates the term cancel culture because people are trying to call out people he despises and he doesn't want them called out for doing it. It's that rough ridin' simple.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 10:08:42 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I go to standup shows almost weekly and rarely see anything offensive or "triggering" and I laugh constantly. There's so many great comics out there.

The majority of folks that like what Chappelle and Gervais are doing now like that they're attacking trans folks and Christians.
I just like that they're calling a spade a spade. #CancelCulture

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
I just like that they're calling a spade a spade. #CancelCulture
:nono:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The daily capacity that takes up my brain about thinking about trans people is about .000000005% and I'm sure it's the same with these two. They saw some emotional dumbasses react off a few dumb jokes and took advantage of it. It's that simple.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The daily capacity that takes up my brain about thinking about trans people is about .000000005% and I'm sure it's the same with these two. They saw some emotional dumbasses react off a few dumb jokes and took advantage of it. It's that simple.

that's why Chappelle's crap is so harmful. Now you think trans folks all the time because jokes about them "trigger" people, while you probably would have been more of an ally if Chappelle was still telling thoughtful smart jokes about race.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

that's why Chappelle's crap is so harmful. Now you think trans folks all the time because jokes about them "trigger" people, while you probably would have been more of an ally if Chappelle was still telling thoughtful smart jokes about race.

I do kind of get the sense that Chappelle feels he has somehow transcended race due to the wealth he's accumulated. He frequently talks about how rich he is and how that affords him special privileges, and then I laugh at the joke and file away that thought for later. Now, obviously, he does still care about race issues, as evidenced by the special he put out after the Floyd murder. But he loves pissing people off too much to drop the trans schtick. It's a negative feedback loop he's stuck in.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

damn wacky if its only 0.000000005% of your brain capacity then you sir have one gigantic ass brain b/c you have some some serious work ITT esp. when it comes to collegiate swimming. grats on your ability to think about so much stuff!  :cheers:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I know thinking a former D1 male swimmer transitioning into the female side of things in the sport wasn't fair, and threw a lot of people off and for that, my apologies for such a thought process.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 10:37:46 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I like to think of mir as the draymond green of gE, except more handsome.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile