Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 42429 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I kind of wonder how Adam Carolla and Jimmy Kimmel worked together. They’re complete opposites.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Why does it have to be the Olympics to set the bar? A lot of NCAA D1 athletes bust their asses for such a chance. Why do you want the story to go away?

Here we can see the posting of a guy who's clearly "over it."
Spracs, I do appreciate your once moderate position, to quickly falling for all things left these days, because dax. It was an odd transformation, but you did it!

You don't even know my personal position on this (which has admittedly changed over the course of time). I was merely pointing out you resurrected this thread with the comment that you were "over it now" and then proceeded to demonstrate that you were not, in fact, over it.
When backed into a corner, I fight back. Mich's response triggered tf out of me. Comparing me to rough ridin' clay travis, because I don't huff all far left fart talking points.
Sorry for forcing wacks into this discussion

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Misogynists gonna misogynist.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Was she a national title contender as a male?  If not, then uhhhh… I think we have our answer to the op’s question.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Apparently the answer is yes by our local crazy lefties on here that hate women

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1504645467413655567?s=21

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I kind of wonder how Adam Carolla and Jimmy Kimmel worked together. They’re complete opposites.
I work with and have friends who are completely opposite of me, it’s not too difficult to do.

Kimmel is a liberal and Carolla is a libertarian.  It’s not as if Carollla swings from Trump’s nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It’s fascinating watching the alleged progressives in this blog at work.

When you’re so sold out that you’re arguing for guys competing against women in a sport that is  wholly reliant on physical capability. 

Sad

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Was she a national title contender as a male?  If not, then uhhhh… I think we have our answer to the op’s question.
Wouldn’t just about all female title contenders NOT be national title contenders if they swam in male competitions? I’m struggling to follow the logic here.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wacks what did you think of that ladycats game

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It was awesome. Very sloppy, slow first half, however. Happy they looked better in the 2nd half. :eye:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

When you’re so sold out that you’re arguing for guys competing against women in a sport that is  wholly reliant on physical capability. 

Sad
They’ll agree with any nonsensical talking point, just to own the ‘pubs. :frown:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sad
They’ll agree with any nonsensical talking point, just to own the ‘pubs. :frown:
MIR, myself, and others have asked several times for some kind of qualification of the physical advantage Lia Thomas has.

Is it hormone levels? I haven’t seen anyone here calling for regulation of that in college sports.

Is it her body size or muscle mass? I haven’t seen anyone calling for divisions in womens’ swimming.

I certainly haven’t seen anyone suggesting that they would have a problem with a carbon copy of Lia competing if she were born a female.

This has never been a debate about physical advantages. It’s a judgment that you should be limited to compete based on how you were born.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sad
MIR, myself, and others have asked several times for some kind of qualification of the physical advantage Lia Thomas has.

Is it hormone levels? I haven’t seen anyone here calling for regulation of that in college sports.

Is it her body size or muscle mass? I haven’t seen anyone calling for divisions in womens’ swimming.

I certainly haven’t seen anyone suggesting that they would have a problem with a carbon copy of Lia competing if she were born a female.

This has never been a debate about physical advantages. It’s a judgment that you should be limited to compete based on how you were born.
You’re flailing so hard here it’s both humorous  and pathetic.   

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Ol billy Thomas kicking them bitches’ ass in the pool again.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 01:06:33 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
This is a tricky thing for me. I can see both sides but I don't have a good solution (if one is needed) either.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Sad

Which is why the "why do you hate women?" talking point is absurd. As evidence, which we can see in this very thread, opponents of the proposition either (a) intentionally misgender/refuse to acknowledge her as a woman, or (b) attack her personally and maliciously, rather than debating what rule changes could be made to promote "fairness."

This is a very nuanced issue full of snares and pitfalls, once you start breaking down the arguments and legal issues involved. Most of the time, the arguments of Wackster-daxter Nation break down under analysis UNLESS you accept the bolded premise above, which is usually implied but not stated. At the end of the day, it's a snap judgment/gut feeling that people have. It's not difficult to imagine how prejudices could seep in.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is a tricky thing for me. I can see both sides but I don't have a good solution (if one is needed) either.

Only one side is trying to exclude a marginalized group from part of society. That seems like it could be a good tiebreaker?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wouldn’t just about all female title contenders NOT be national title contenders if they swam in male competitions? I’m struggling to follow the logic here.

Uhhh… what?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Only one side is trying to exclude a marginalized group from part of society. That seems like it could be a good tiebreaker?

yeah, I'm definitely not wanting to exclude her

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Uhhh… what?
Yeah I mean same. If you want to clarify your point I think that would help a lot.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

As a moderate, I’m willing to let the far left have this one.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I never expected the far left to turn their backs on science to try and make a point, but here we are!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
The nuance master has reentered the chat.