Author Topic: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not  (Read 138282 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not
« Reply #1175 on: March 10, 2022, 03:48:24 PM »
i cant remember was gottlieb ever even an assistant or  was he just a talking head

Talking head - it was a wild ass idea

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 10, 2022, 03:49:28 PM »
i cant remember was gottlieb ever even an assistant or  was he just a talking head
No, just an announcer that everyone adored (before being MAGA was a thing), who had recruiting connections through his brother, and his dad had coaching ties with K-State.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 10, 2022, 03:59:28 PM »
No, just an announcer that everyone adored (before being MAGA was a thing), who had recruiting connections through his brother, and his dad had coaching ties with K-State.

he became maga too?  yikes

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 10, 2022, 04:01:22 PM »
I'd be fine with Shane, but only after being rejected publicly by a couple of big names.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 10, 2022, 04:02:30 PM »

Yeah, a lot of his recent Twitter takes wouldn’t have aged well for the many on here wanting him. That’s the funniest thing about time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 10, 2022, 04:03:16 PM »
I'd be fine with Shane, but only after being rejected publicly by a couple of big names.
:lol: :lol:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 10, 2022, 04:04:24 PM »

And he lost a free throw bet to my buddy and ran off before paying the 1k.

But 2012 Doug was a fresh face former player who announced big12 games for ESPN and helped popularize the OOD nickname.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: March 10, 2022, 04:08:07 PM »
Yes! Most importantly, he mumped my guy Ben Ji, too!

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 10, 2022, 04:08:29 PM »
Looking back the protest was really embarrassing.  Wish I hadn't been a part of it, but i was young and angsty and horned up for k-state sports.

agreed BUT breaking the sink was an all-time great moment of emaw bbs'n history :emawkid:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 10, 2022, 04:09:00 PM »

And he lost a free throw bet to my buddy and ran off before paying the 1k.

But 2012 Doug was a fresh face former player who announced big12 games for ESPN and helped popularize the OOD nickname.

KSU or the lack thereof really mumped him up.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 10, 2022, 04:12:51 PM »

Looking back the protest was really embarrassing.  Wish I hadn't been a part of it, but i was young and angsty and horned up for k-state sports.

it was not supposed to be a protest of oscar's hiring, I had announced we were having a rally for Doug a few days before and Currie announced the hire/press conference at the same day/time. I think the "protest" was funny and it was understandable because it came on the back of that horrific press conference with currie where he talked about the Dillon's receipt etc. It was not about oscar at all.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 10, 2022, 04:16:03 PM »
I'm gonna miss oscar, but it was time for him to go.  Liked his presser last night.  You naysayers can cram it.
I agree

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 10, 2022, 04:19:20 PM »

it was not supposed to be a protest of oscar's hiring, I had announced we were having a rally for Doug a few days before and Currie announced the hire/press conference at the same day/time. I think the "protest" was funny and it was understandable because it came on the back of that horrific press conference with currie where he talked about the Dillon's receipt etc. It was not about oscar at all.

yeah it wasn't supposed to be but it obvs turned into that in terms of outside perception

whatever, crap was weird/funny/kinda stupid in hindsight, it happens

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 10, 2022, 04:21:48 PM »

yeah it wasn't supposed to be but it obvs turned into that in terms of outside perception

I didn’t have time to bring a grill but I think we had hot dogs, lighter fluid and charcoal.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 10, 2022, 04:24:01 PM »

I didn’t have time to bring a grill but I think we had hot dogs, lighter fluid and charcoal.

Bringing everything but the grill is a common mistake throughout the history of gE.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 10, 2022, 04:27:11 PM »
:horrorsurprise:

https://twitter.com/Jpullz0/status/1502036837921087489?s=20&t=lTMlq9wVvFYjS1dAzoEPRA

What say ye cats?

https://twitter.com/Jpullz0/status/1502037325534138373?s=20&t=yp2hVv6aEofWaZmFoQQGTQ

I will go on the record as saying that I really, really enjoyed the days when bramlage had good reason to be called the OOD. And i liked when our players were JYCs. Shane was a JYC, so I feel like he could make a team of JYCs.

I'm trying to think critically here and ask myself, "if we got back to the OOD, and our players were JYCs, would i care if we didn't make the tourney most of the time?" and i feel like the answer is yes i would care, but it would bother me a lot less because i at least enjoy the gameday atmosphere and the style of play.

Although to be fair...the only reason it was the OOD was because the on-court results were there. If we sucked and never made the tournament then the excitement would have tempered accordingly. So, aside from the first season maybe 2, the team would probably have to be showing signs of improvement or else the fans will not maintain the level of excitement worthy of the OOD moniker.

What i'm saying is, I stan as long as his guys are scrappy mfrs

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 10, 2022, 04:35:09 PM »
:horrorsurprise:

https://twitter.com/Jpullz0/status/1502036837921087489?s=20&t=lTMlq9wVvFYjS1dAzoEPRA

What say ye cats?

https://twitter.com/Jpullz0/status/1502037325534138373?s=20&t=yp2hVv6aEofWaZmFoQQGTQ

I will go on the record as saying that I really, really enjoyed the days when bramlage had good reason to be called the OOD. And i liked when our players were JYCs. Shane was a JYC, so I feel like he could make a team of JYCs.

I'm trying to think critically here and ask myself, "if we got back to the OOD, and our players were JYCs, would i care if we didn't make the tourney most of the time?" and i feel like the answer is yes i would care, but it would bother me a lot less because i at least enjoy the gameday atmosphere and the style of play.

Although to be fair...the only reason it was the OOD was because the on-court results were there. If we sucked and never made the tournament then the excitement would have tempered accordingly. So, aside from the first season maybe 2, the team would probably have to be showing signs of improvement or else the fans will not maintain the level of excitement worthy of the OOD moniker.

What i'm saying is, I stan as long as his guys are scrappy mfrs

Of course we do, build-a-culture Jake.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 10, 2022, 04:59:24 PM »
is it really that hard to imagine the collection of dudes in this gif winning the b12?

man those were some good bbs'ing days. every game spawned a new rich new layers of memes etc that would be enjoyed for weeks.

Nah, the board was already dying. It peaked during trash can gate, it never recovered from March 31, 2012. We threw all of our eggs into the oscar Weber was going to fail basket. We lost posters right away you who couldn't handle the torrent of negativity and being called Nazis. oscar winning the Big 12, then losing in the first round just cemented the divide. The next 5 years was a slow bleed due to apathy.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 05:17:27 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 10, 2022, 05:03:10 PM »
Yup! At least we had Pig Aggie trolling before everyone left.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 10, 2022, 05:40:30 PM »
Lol at trash can gate. IIRC it was Wacky who broke the news on gE like 45 minutes before the game because he "heard it from some suits" and everyone was like WTF does some suits mean and Wacky was like "Someone who is really important, duh"

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 10, 2022, 05:44:38 PM »
Lol at trash can gate. IIRC it was Wacky who broke the news on gE like 45 minutes before the game because he "heard it from some suits" and everyone was like WTF does some suits mean and Wacky was like "Someone who is really important, duh"

That was amazing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 10, 2022, 05:56:46 PM »

No, he heard about Jamar being suspended against Syracuse, trash can gate was before that, it was also broken here too by i believe either bsac or capt crap