Author Topic: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not  (Read 138247 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not
« Reply #1075 on: March 10, 2022, 10:22:20 AM »
ya i want to empathize but he makes it so hard. he drug every coach we’ve had since kruger out the door with him in a way that only oscar can
His point was, no one won a goddamn conference title since he got there, and nobody was named Grade A1 villain from the first day they were hired at K-State either since ‘77.

when he was crying about how none of those other coaches couldn’t do what he did in winning B12’s, he should have also included coaching the team to a place statistically, that was lower than anything those other coaches could, despite how hard they tried

typical oscar, take the adulation, ignore/displace any criticism
It was his farewell speech. You gonna talk about your lows on your death bed?

Talk about your highs but don't drag old coaches with you.  Hell I half expected him to mention his B12's versus old balls.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 10, 2022, 10:24:13 AM »
He got OBz'd.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 10, 2022, 10:30:05 AM »
Just received a message from my son that he has resigned.  Haven't seen it anywhere else.

"Friendship ended with oscar.

Now gE is my Best friend. "

- KSUBB

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 10, 2022, 10:36:05 AM »
Just received a message from my son that he has resigned.  Haven't seen it anywhere else.

first pass i read that as re-signed

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: March 10, 2022, 10:58:58 AM »
ya i want to empathize but he makes it so hard. he drug every coach we’ve had since kruger out the door with him in a way that only oscar can
His point was, no one won a goddamn conference title since he got there, and nobody was named Grade A1 villain from the first day they were hired at K-State either since ‘77.

when he was crying about how none of those other coaches couldn’t do what he did in winning B12’s, he should have also included coaching the team to a place statistically, that was lower than anything those other coaches could, despite how hard they tried

Talk about your highs but don't drag old coaches with you.  Hell I half expected him to mention his B12's versus old balls.
He was crap on from day 1 by our psycho fan base and never got the opportunity to be liked, like the others. I appreciate his mic drop on the way out. He's 100% accurate on all accounts.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 10, 2022, 11:02:18 AM »
The Brucecuses were a prime example of continually passing the buck or blaming something or someone else for the inability for the program under oscar Weber to perform at critical times.

Only a certain type of clown continually goes to battle for a person that is the 4th 3rd highest paid employee in the State of Kansas, when that 3rd highest paid employee in the state of Kansas continually attempts to deflect from their failures.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 10, 2022, 11:05:56 AM »
I'm gonna miss oscar, but it was time for him to go.  Liked his presser last night.  You naysayers can cram it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 10, 2022, 11:07:13 AM »
I don't think he was dragging anyone. He may have been implying that we're kinda crazy for firing him because it will be incredibly difficult to find someone better. I'd agree with that.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 10, 2022, 11:08:17 AM »

He was crap on from day 1 by our psycho fan base and never got the opportunity to be liked, like the others. I appreciate his mic drop on the way out. He's 100% accurate on all accounts.

Isn't his ability to be liked directly tied to him?

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 10, 2022, 11:09:09 AM »
/
The terms of Weber's contract will be honored by K-State Athletics.

What does this mean regarding his buyout?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 10, 2022, 11:09:56 AM »
The Brucecuses were a prime example of continually passing the buck or blaming something or someone else for the inability for the program under oscar Weber to perform at critical times.

Only a certain type of clown continually goes to battle for a person that is the 4th 3rd highest paid employee in the State of Kansas, when that 3rd highest paid employee in the state of Kansas continually attempts to deflect from their failures.
:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 10, 2022, 11:10:33 AM »

Don't waste your time.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 10, 2022, 11:12:36 AM »
If next dude wins 2 ‘ships and gets to elite 8 over 10 years I’d be thrilled.  I just hope he isn’t a weird eff like oscar was. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 10, 2022, 11:12:47 AM »

People went complete ape crap over his hire and a bunch of ppl wrote off his big 12 tourney at first, because of "franks players". Nobody else got treated like this when they were brought on at K-State. His successes never really mattered to the BID'rs. They were waiting for the house to fall from day 1. Jokes on them tho.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 10, 2022, 11:14:37 AM »
Also, don't engage 'dax. Dude loves to try and evaluate everyone, but himself. He's scum and a colossal white trash, Alabama loser. #FACTS

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 10, 2022, 11:15:21 AM »
Yes, everyone, one of the worst 3 year runs in K-State Basketball history is all on you.

Based on tenure, the worst overall conference record, by far an away the worst record against our instate rival (based on tenure length) and the easily the lowest level of success ever in the NCAA tourney based on tenure . . . the joke is on you.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 10, 2022, 11:16:13 AM »
Also, don't engage 'dax. Dude loves to try and evaluate everyone, but himself. He's scum and a colossal white trash, Alabama loser. #FACTS

The meltdown has begun.

#onbrand

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 10, 2022, 11:18:34 AM »
Yes, everyone, one of the worst 3 year runs in K-State Basketball history is all on you.

Based on tenure, the worst overall conference record, by far an away the worst record against our instate rival (based on tenure length) and the easily the lowest level of success ever in the NCAA tourney based on tenure . . . the joke is on you.
2 conference championships. One for the first time since 1977 and one to break "the streak". 50% on making the tourney in his 10 years. Good crap, dax. He's gone, move on, start pivoting to how Brad Underwood sucks because he can't make the 2nd week of the tourney. We can't wait.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 10, 2022, 11:20:13 AM »
I'd like to think that we were willing to go ahead and pay the buyout because we already have Coach Pitino lined up. I guess time will tell, though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: March 10, 2022, 11:20:21 AM »
Certain clowns have what I call inherent D. Scott Fritchen syndrome.   That being they'll never hold the person making millions of dollars to perform job 1A accountable.   They'll always be there to pile on the excuses and blame everyone else for the failures of their guy getting paid the 7 figure salary.

We have a great example of this on this blog.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 10, 2022, 11:23:25 AM »
Certain clowns have what I call inherent D. Scott Fritchen syndrome.   That being they'll never hold the person making millions of dollars to perform job 1A accountable.   They'll always be there to pile on the excuses and blame everyone else for the failures of their guy getting paid the 7 figure salary.

I think everyone here recognized that it was time for oscar to go, so I'm not really sure what or who you're talking about.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 10, 2022, 11:25:14 AM »
/
The terms of Weber's contract will be honored by K-State Athletics.

What does this mean regarding his buyout?

His ass was canned and he's getting paid for that accordingly.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 10, 2022, 11:27:42 AM »

I think everyone here recognized that it was time for oscar to go, so I'm not really sure what or who you're talking about.
Yup!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 10, 2022, 11:27:54 AM »

Recognizing that oscar needed to go, and the bent that certain people are on are two distinctly different things.

You must have people blocked.