Author Topic: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not  (Read 135247 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not
« Reply #675 on: March 28, 2017, 08:35:42 AM »
I think the barely tolerable was in reference to oscar not cbb as a whole

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 28, 2017, 08:37:37 AM »
It really is amazing to me that some of you were still holding out hope that he'd be fired this year. Once he beat Baylor in the tourney, that sailed away.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 28, 2017, 08:39:25 AM »
i think some people hold out hope that despite continually doing the wrong thing for years, and while trying to screw things up further, that our university will stumble and accidentally do something right for once.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 28, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »
Hope is a good thing.  Being a KSU Cats basketball fan requires a substantial amount of it.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 28, 2017, 08:52:57 AM »
Hope is a good thing.  Being a KSU Cats basketball fan requires a substantial amount of it.

@mikec2w

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 28, 2017, 09:51:18 AM »
You shut your disrespectful mouth. nobody gets to talk to porky morgan like that.

:lol: #FAMILY
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 28, 2017, 11:42:25 AM »
What will next year look like?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 28, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »
Next year will probably be about like year 2 of Martin. Maybe a little bit worse.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 28, 2017, 11:55:45 AM »
Also a factor with the numbers is when Currie (I think) switched from counting actual attendance to tickets sold.

That factors into sell outs; I was at the Texas game this year as an example and technically it was "sold out" because attendance is listed at capacity, but it wasn't full. There were probably 10K people there, but not full.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 28, 2017, 12:14:42 PM »
You shut your disrespectful mouth. nobody gets to talk to porky morgan like that.

Sorry bub, it needed to be said. It was gentle, respectful PI.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 28, 2017, 12:42:02 PM »
I think next season's attendance will be very similar to this season's.

The Big Train

« Reply #689 on: March 28, 2017, 12:43:28 PM »
So are we gonna lock this thing down until next year or what?

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: March 28, 2017, 12:50:08 PM »
Need to start planting receipts of oscar wiring money to whichever pud players he is out recruiting

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 28, 2017, 12:57:02 PM »
So are we gonna lock this thing down until next year or what?

no.  we took a step forward towards getting him fired this year and we look forward to making another step forward next year

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #692 on: March 28, 2017, 01:02:19 PM »
Yep

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 28, 2017, 01:08:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/scottwildcat/status/846768086682361857

Very dishonest

They can put all of the lipstick on this pig they want to but the true sense of how the fans feel is in ticket revenue, season ticket sales, and Ahearn seat donations. There are all kinds of ways to manipulate attendance numbers.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 28, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »
Yep

I agree.

They'll likely "sell out" the student allotment because of football, then be able to sell GA tickets to most games because they know all those students will show for basketball.

Plus, plenty of people will still buy their basketball season tickets, single games, and I'm sure they'll come up with more buyer friendly ticket packages.

We are still a long way from the Asbury/Wooly days, but then again probably not as far away as others think we are.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 28, 2017, 01:15:27 PM »
Yep

I agree.

They'll likely "sell out" the student allotment because of football, then be able to sell GA tickets to most games because they know all those students will show for basketball.

Plus, plenty of people will still buy their basketball season tickets, single games, and I'm sure they'll come up with more buyer friendly ticket packages.

We are still a long way from the Asbury/Wooly days, but then again probably not as far away as others think we are.

The biggest difference between the Asbury/Wooly days and today is that we didn't have a ticket office and marketing department that did things to promote the product and to get tickets into people's hands that don't want to pay full price for a substandard product.
L

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 28, 2017, 01:17:55 PM »

Yep

I agree.

The biggest difference between the Asbury/Wooly days and today is that we didn't have a ticket office and marketing department that did things to promote the product and to get tickets into people's hands that don't want to pay full price for a substandard product.
L

Also Wooly only sniffed the NIT bubble. And only did it once. Weber's teams are a lot better.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 28, 2017, 01:21:03 PM »

Yep

I agree.

L

Also Wooly only sniffed the NIT bubble. And only did it once. Weber's teams are a lot better.

Yeah, its LOLable how bad we were under Wooly. Its hard to imagine we let it get to that point.

Plus I'm pretty sure people turned on/hated Asbury much worse after his 3rd year than Weber.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 28, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »

Yep

I agree.

L

Yeah, its LOLable how bad we were under Wooly. Its hard to imagine we let it get to that point.

Plus I'm pretty sure people turned on/hated Asbury much worse after his 3rd year than Weber.

Bib overalls :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 28, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »

Yep

I agree.

L

i don't think so. people really hate oscar.  it didn't seem the same about asbury.  people were apathetic towards basketball in the mid-90's.  this is when snyder really started to take off and football had the fans by the balls and vag pretty securely. 
asbury's 3rd year in 96-97 he went 3-13 but it was our  10-2 holiday bowl year.  4 consecutive 11 win seasons were staring at us in the face.  our basketball arena was outfitted with teal accents and nobody GAF.