Author Topic: Tom Creen: tell the Stone why I shouldn't want  (Read 8681 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Creen: tell the Stone why I shouldn't want
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2017, 04:15:07 PM »
forbes is on my list of three coaches that i would root for kstate bball if they were the coach list.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2017, 04:41:49 PM »
So let me make sure this is right almost everyone on this board wants oscar gone but if given the option of a blue blood coach they would decline. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If getting fired from a blue blood makes you a blue blood coach I can give you twelve better choices.

Offline emaw24

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »
So let me make sure this is right almost everyone on this board wants oscar gone but if given the option of a blue blood coach they would decline. Interesting.

If getting fired from a blue blood makes you a blue blood coach I can give you twelve better choices.

So IU hired a hack? I'm not 100% sure but he wasn't given the IU job since he had former ties there. He got an interview and won that job because he is a top tier coach.

That article just expressed that he has expectations for his kids and program. He is taking the blame and is trying everything he can to make his team better.

I'd rather have that then some loser hoping for letdowns or lining up excuses for why his team loses.

Let's play this game, name any coach better then Crean that would come to Mhk. I say Sampson at Houston is my pick.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »
Let's play this game, name any coach better then Crean that would come to Mhk. I say Sampson at Houston is my pick.

oscar

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2017, 06:39:17 PM »

So IU hired a hack? I'm not 100% sure but he wasn't given the IU job since he had former ties there. He got an interview and won that job because he is a top tier coach.

That article just expressed that he has expectations for his kids and program. He is taking the blame and is trying everything he can to make his team better.

I'd rather have that then some loser hoping for letdowns or lining up excuses for why his team loses.

personality wise, crean is oscar meets gregg marshall. do not want

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2017, 07:19:52 PM »

It's funny that you mention both Crean and Sampson.  Crean once ran across the court after a game against Michigan, in which they clinched the Big 10 title, and screamed in Sampson's former assistant, Jeff Meyer's face, yelling "You wrecked our program! You wrecked our program!"  That's how Tom Crean celebrates conference titles I guess.

Offline rob mccolley

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »
You know when it isn't,  though?
.651 is and always will be > .608
When you're handed a stocked program and ride on the strength of its full cupboard , never bothering to restock before the cupboard and in fact all the kitchen cabinets and the house come crashing down.

And then someone else gives you a whole new, stocked kitchen.

Give Crean credit for rebuilding from ashes. It's what you're going to need.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2017, 08:04:30 AM »
oscar isn't going anywhere.
In the end, this is what we all hate to admit.

Guys, I think I'm depressed. Is there an online quiz so I can check my symptoms?
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.