Author Topic: We are getting closer and the games are fun!  (Read 2654 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
We are getting closer and the games are fun!
« on: February 07, 2017, 12:21:04 PM »
i seldom post but they are the third ranked team in the nation and we are not even ranked and lost 2 games by small margins. I am proud of this team and frankly think Weber is doing pretty well with what we have. At least we are competitive against them in basketball which they can't say about football! And despite reports about their football commitments they will still not be as good as our team for many years! For those naysayers and Weber haters I don't remember Frank's teams doing that well against the dirty birds. In fact most games, particularly in Allen, we looked scared and were usually down by 20 in the first 10 minutes. Who do you really think will do better than we are right now? I think the future looks bright!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: We are getting closer and the games are fun!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 12:23:22 PM »
they are fun.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »
I think the future looks bright!

This gets spit out every year. When do we finally reach the future?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 12:34:30 PM »
i seldom post but they are the third ranked team in the nation and we are not even ranked and lost 2 games by small margins. I am proud of this team and frankly think Weber is doing pretty well with what we have. At least we are competitive against them in basketball which they can't say about football! And despite reports about their football commitments they will still not be as good as our team for many years! For those naysayers and Weber haters I don't remember Frank's teams doing that well against the dirty birds. In fact most games, particularly in Allen, we looked scared and were usually down by 20 in the first 10 minutes. Who do you really think will do better than we are right now? I think the future looks bright!

good attitude, 'tater! keep your head up! as long as you have fun playing D1 basketball, who cares if you win?!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

The Big Train

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 12:39:55 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »
some games are fun but some are not

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 12:43:01 PM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 12:44:01 PM »
OP is right, we tried our best and that's all you can ask for, they are the #3 team afterall, some of you seem to expect miracles but I think this team has really good potential to play the #3 team to two close losses is very positive
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 12:47:17 PM »
The only reason we lose games really is because we miss free throws. Do we even practice those?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 01:02:54 PM »
I totally agree with the OP.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 03:01:10 PM »
'Tater has been bringing it lately. I really appreciate the insights he brings to this board.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 11:37:51 AM »
Off the top of my head, the KU squads Frank faced we're probably better, on average, than those that oscar has encountered in his reign of terror. I've no time to look this up at the moment, as the snowpocalypse (read: shoveling) outside my window and my needy children home on a snow day await.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 11:52:32 AM »

As "fun" as winning Play Hard banners is, we still have a cancer on this team, and it lies in wait to again rear its grey-colored awkward head...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/12/28/7458349/texas-southern-beats-kansas-state-in-unlikeliest-end-of-game-win-ever

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:18:57 PM by hatingfrancis »

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »
As "fun" as winning Play Hard banners is, we still have a cancer on this team, and it lies in wait to again rear its grey-colored awkward head...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/12/28/7458349/texas-southern-beats-kansas-state-in-unlikeliest-end-of-game-win-ever

But, you cannot run from the fact that Oscar coached this...

Oscar Weber IS a bad coach FTR...

JFC guy.  We get it.  You're still pissed about a meaningless noncon game from over 2 years ago.

Not THAT'S trolling! (Wait a minute...I think I've seen this point made by this person before.  Let me see...scrolling through thread after thread after thread...THERE it is...THERE it is AGAIN! I've got him now...!!!)

The point is, losing a game in that manner to ANYONE is clear evidence of a flaw in the controlling gene of this program, and that gene is not going away until its carrier is removed.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »
You literally could find a bull crap game like that for all 300+ D1 Head coaches throughout the years. EVERY. ONE!

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 01:47:15 PM »

But, you cannot run from the fact that Oscar coached this...

Oscar Weber IS a bad coach FTR...

JFC guy.  We get it.  You're still pissed about a meaningless noncon game from over 2 years ago.

Not THAT'S trolling! (Wait a minute...I think I've seen this point made by this person before.  Let me see...scrolling through thread after thread after thread...THERE it is...THERE it is AGAIN! I've got him now...!!!)

The point is, losing a game in that manner to ANYONE is clear evidence of a flaw in the controlling gene of this program, and that gene is not going away until its carrier is removed.

The point is your point is dumb because you cherry picked a bad loss from 2014 against a team that at first glance seems like a pretty bad loss but then you realize that Texas Southern won their league and beat Michigan State on the road (that same Spartan team that lost in the final four that season). 

The other reason your point is dumb is because by using that same dumb logic KU should have fired Bill Self after losing to TCU in 2013.  Carrier gene and all amirite?   :jerk:

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 03:28:03 PM »
The point is your point is dumb because you cherry picked a bad loss from 2014 against a team that at first glance seems like a pretty bad loss but then you realize that Texas Southern won their league and beat Michigan State on the road (that same Spartan team that lost in the final four that season). 

The other reason your point is dumb is because by using that same dumb logic KU should have fired Bill Self after losing to TCU in 2013.  Carrier gene and all amirite?   :jerk:

My point is supported by Oscar's penchant for losing close games. Yours' not so much. Self didn't lose to TCU in the manner that Oscar lost to TSU, and Self does not have a penchant for losing close games.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 03:39:14 PM »
In fact Billy self generally wins close games
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 05:07:39 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 05:18:53 PM »
:excited:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »
Kellis with some decent stuff in his twitter Q&A this week.

I thought this was particularly good:

K-State could use more leadership, for sure. But D.J. Johnson is a good leader. Westicles had some harsh comments that made him sound like a leader after K-State lost to Tennessee.

Problem is, no one is backing up their words up with dominant games.

What this team is really missing is not a leader like Pullen, but a playmaker like Pullen. Yeah, he famously said he wasn’t going to play in the NIT when things weren’t going well his senior year, but he also went out and lit up Kansas for 38 points and made plays to beat Texas even after he sprained his right wrist.

Nobody on this team has scored more than 23 points in a game all season. I said before the year I thought this team needed someone to average 16 or more points to truly reach its potential, but no go-to scorer has emerged.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article131934279.html#storylink=cpy

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 01:30:48 PM »
I really like that Kellis does that.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 01:49:05 PM »
But the Wildcats have only won back-to-back conference games once in the past two seasons.

gah!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 01:52:15 PM »
K-State has advanced to the Sweet 16 (or better) twice in the past 35 years, so I’m not sure why you’re choosing that as the benchmark for optimism.

:frown: