Author Topic: Ruh-oh!!!  (Read 88077 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Ruh-oh!!!
« Reply #575 on: March 17, 2017, 08:12:25 AM »
One is alleged, and the other was proven in both criminal and civil court.  Maybe they will prove Josh committed a felony someday, but who knows?

Also, what are the restrictions for the "second chance" rule to apply?  Perhaps Josh was getting his "second chance" at that time?

Personally, I believe he is guilty as hell, but I admire the hell out of KU's athletic machine.

I know we live and die by "innocent until proven guilty," but this is some pretty awful circular reasoning. The biggest concern at this point is the apparent obstruction of justice going on in every step of these investigations.

To say "we will just see if they are proven guilty" completely ignores that. That means you would be ok with knowing Josh Jackson lied to police with Bill Self's guidance, and that other university representatives tried to bribe and threaten key witnesses to keep quiet, all as long as there were no criminal convictions at the end of the day.

No one gives a crap about what I believe or care about, nor should they.

I am simply saying that it is my belief that KU does a vastly superior job of protecting their most valuable athletic programs, and I do not believe our inferiority is due to us taking the moral high ground.  My personal belief is that we are inferior due to incompetence, and placing trust in individuals who cared more for themselves than our valuable programs (e.g Jamar's receipt, Frank, defying Bill on scheduling and any other matter).

K-State is inferior, to KU, in my opinion, when it comes to a commitment to protecting their most valuable programs.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Ruh-oh!!!
« Reply #576 on: March 17, 2017, 08:21:00 AM »
i give a crap about what you believe and care about, pete

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 17, 2017, 11:42:10 AM »
Self: "Certainly his (Jackson's) role or playing time, whatever will only be dictated by what happens between the lines. It won’t be dictated by anything else. I think he’s ready to go.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article139032043.html#storylink=cpy

So look out women in vehicles in Tulsa this weekend. Josh has just been given the green light to threaten to hurt you and kick-away at your car!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 17, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »
Man I really want to tweet this crap at Jay Bilas.  Where is his outrage about protecting student athletes now.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 17, 2017, 01:21:08 PM »
Tragic to see these student athletes having to persevere thru all of these distractions.

:tsc:

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 17, 2017, 04:00:11 PM »
"Self: "Certainly his (Jackson's) role or playing time, whatever will only be dictated by what happens between the lines. It won’t be dictated by anything else. I think he’s ready to go.”

WOW, that's full on nuclear option stuff right there.    :thumbsup:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 19, 2017, 05:38:24 PM »
Guess the context:

A) basketball game
B) trapped inside your car in the yacht club parking lot

https://twitter.com/tullycorcoran/status/843576730950483969
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:08:52 AM by Trim »

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 19, 2017, 07:14:53 PM »
Guess the contest:

A) basketball game

This would be better as a quoted tweet.

:peek:
bears are fast...

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 19, 2017, 11:11:08 PM »
This would be better as a quoted tweet.

:peek:

Couldn't, #blocked.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 20, 2017, 06:48:25 AM »
Guess the contest:

A) basketball game

LOL

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 22, 2017, 08:58:59 AM »
KU is going to get this done.  They'll sweep that rape of a 16yo runaway girl by members of the men's BB team under the rug until they clinch the championship, and then worry about the fallout later.  This is professional grade college athletics cheating, and I for one am totally jealous.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 22, 2017, 09:01:47 AM »
The violence toward and treatment of the female basketball player bothers me the most. I'm not really jealous because if we handled athletics that way I'd just stop watching.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 22, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »
Yeah, I question the integrity of those that are jealous of rape cover ups
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 22, 2017, 09:21:45 AM »

I don't think they can cover up the rape.  What they can do is control the timing of its exposure, which is the point of the post.  They'll manage to keep it under wraps until AFTER they make their championship run, then throw the necessary players under the bus.  Institutionally, KU has the opportunity to get its championship, which is a long-term and lasting legacy, while sacrificing players, which are a short term legacy.   I guess people don't understand how people in the KU AD think, maybe I should be embarrassed because I do. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 23, 2017, 09:08:30 AM »
KU is going to get this done.  They'll sweep that rape of a 16yo runaway girl by members of the men's BB team under the rug until they clinch the championship, and then worry about the fallout later.  This is professional grade college athletics cheating, and I for one am totally jealous.
Disgusting. You and them.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 23, 2017, 09:09:13 AM »

I don't think they can cover up the rape.  What they can do is control the timing of its exposure, which is the point of the post.  They'll manage to keep it under wraps until AFTER they make their championship run, then throw the necessary players under the bus.  Institutionally, KU has the opportunity to get its championship, which is a long-term and lasting legacy, while sacrificing players, which are a short term legacy.   I guess people don't understand how people in the KU AD think, maybe I should be embarrassed because I do.
Gross

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 23, 2017, 10:48:25 AM »
Disgusting. You and them.

I don't advocate for the position KU is taking, I'm only describing what's taking place.  You can believe, or not believe, doesn't make any difference to me.  It is shortsighted to shoot the messenger, however. 

Don't lose sight of the fact of how much KU will do to protect their men's BB program, it's what they do.  Even at the expense of runaway 16 yo girls who get raped in the men's BB dorm/mansion.   Yeah, it is gross to work for a national championship and cover up a disgusting rape until after the men's BB team has made its run, but KU fans have blinders on when it comes to the crap the athletic dept will do to hang another national championship banner.  The athletic dept works for KU, and indirectly for the fan base, and neither of those groups care as much about the victim as they do that title.  It's as simple as that.  You can attribute that value to me if you're that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), but doing so is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), in case you haven't detected my dislike of 'lil bro.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 23, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »

Totally not advocating

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 23, 2017, 10:55:24 AM »
Look guys, I'm not advocating for rape cover ups, I just wish ksu would do it too. Don't shoot the messenger!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 23, 2017, 11:06:39 AM »
Some people are so gross. DD should have a chat with women close to him. Ask them how they feel about sexual assault. Odds are that some will have first hand experience. He can then share about he wished KSU had at least gotten a title out of the deal.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 23, 2017, 11:09:02 AM »
Look guys, I'm not advocating for rape cover ups, I just wish ksu would do it too. Don't shoot the messenger!

If you read the post, you'll note that I think KU will suppress the rape until after the NCAA tournament.  That will allow them to make their run without dealing with the problem.  It's not a suppression issue, it's timing.  In other words, they'll manage to delay the release of the investigation until after they make their title run, not suppress.  Would I support our athletic dept. if they managed to avoid justice?  No.  Would I support our athletic dept if managed to delay release of an investigation until after a championship run.  Yes.   It's how successful athletic departments get championships. 

In case you still don't understand:  Delay of release of an investigation is different than suppressing an investigation ("cover up") .  KU may do the latter, but there's enough press coverage that would make it difficult to pull off, so I doubt it they'll try.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 23, 2017, 11:12:16 AM »
should probably just stop now, not a good look

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile