Author Topic: Ruh-oh!!!  (Read 87902 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Ruh-oh!!!
« Reply #400 on: March 04, 2017, 10:52:52 PM »
Oh. Thanks for that. Your post seems to indicate that she isn't being truthful, what in that article isn't truthful, in your opinion of course?

I'm not suggesting she isn't being truthful. For all I know, everything she said is 100 percent accurate. I simply don't know the truth. I'm just saying she has nothing to gain by speaking at this point. Even if she thinks she is being truthful, if she isn't careful, she's actually giving her adversaries rope to hang her with if she says anything less than the whole truth. Again, I'm not saying she can't speak. I am saying it's not in her best interests to speak while the investigation is still active.

The Big Train

Ruh-oh!!!
« Reply #401 on: March 04, 2017, 10:57:42 PM »
Keeping quiet is probably the best plan of action here, since, you know, the main suspect will be gone in 2 months anyway.  Then, there will be nothing to see or bitch about, right?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 04, 2017, 11:00:16 PM »
Keeping quiet is probably the best plan of action here, since, you know, the main suspect will be gone in 2 months anyway.  Then, there will be nothing to see or bitch about, right?

2 months? Dude will be gone April 3 at the absolute latest.

The Big Train

« Reply #403 on: March 04, 2017, 11:05:47 PM »

2 months? Dude will be gone April 3 at the absolute latest.

All the more reason spracs wants her to be quiet

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 05, 2017, 12:04:05 AM »
The women's basketball coach should be fired and KU is looking squarely down the barrel of a title IX lawsuit.

Why Fire the women's coach and not Bill Self?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 05, 2017, 12:23:46 AM »
I think most people agree that punishing an innocent player for bringing criminal activity to light is worse than not punishing a player for something.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 05, 2017, 12:25:16 AM »
Oh. Thanks for that. Your post seems to indicate that she isn't being truthful, what in that article isn't truthful, in your opinion of course?

I'm not suggesting she isn't being truthful. For all I know, everything she said is 100 percent accurate. I simply don't know the truth. I'm just saying she has nothing to gain by speaking at this point. Even if she thinks she is being truthful, if she isn't careful, she's actually giving her adversaries rope to hang her with if she says anything less than the whole truth. Again, I'm not saying she can't speak. I am saying it's not in her best interests to speak while the investigation is still active.

Pretty sure the Lawrence mob is going to hang her regardless of how much rope she gives them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 05, 2017, 01:04:48 AM »
The women's basketball coach should be fired and KU is looking squarely down the barrel of a title IX lawsuit.

Isn't he responsible for how he treats his player?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 05, 2017, 07:27:40 AM »
I guess more sports writers are catching on to the "unusual" lack of discipline at KU:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/report-josh-jackson-not-getting-suspended-opens-double-standard-talk-at-ku/

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 05, 2017, 08:26:04 AM »
Spracs - Best to just let it go.

Sounds familiar
That's not at all what was said

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 05, 2017, 08:30:57 AM »
I guess more sports writers are catching on to the "unusual" lack of discipline at KU:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/report-josh-jackson-not-getting-suspended-opens-double-standard-talk-at-ku/
Good. The louder this gets the better.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 05, 2017, 04:04:21 PM »

I don't think a 1 game suspension for throwing a drink on somebody is that out of line. It is the complete lack of punishment for the men's players that is inappropriate.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 05, 2017, 05:46:08 PM »
The discipline was handled within the Cone of Silence. Do not question the Cone of Silence.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 05, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
I don't think letting your freshman star play is a big deal.  Punishing the girl who took the brunt of these guy's wrath is.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 05, 2017, 06:53:38 PM »

I don't think a 1 game suspension for throwing a drink on somebody is that out of line. It is the complete lack of punishment for the men's players that is inappropriate.

Both are incredibly inappropriate. A one game suspension and essentially losing your spot in the rotation for throwing a drink on someone is absurd. The biggest absurdity of it all is the women's coach screwing with her playing time the rest of the season, therefore screwing with the entire team. Either she deserved the playing time or she didn't, throwing a drink on someone shouldn't dictate how you manage your entire team.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #415 on: March 05, 2017, 07:39:51 PM »
You're talking about a team he gang raped a 15-year old without any repercussions. You think knocking around a fellow student athlete is going to garner punishment at that place? Please
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 06, 2017, 06:36:56 AM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 06, 2017, 07:15:54 AM »

The same guy that hit her a year earlier?  Yeah let's go ahead and assume he was just being a stellar guy and got a drink poured out over him

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 06, 2017, 08:10:59 AM »

The same guy that hit her a year earlier?  Yeah let's go ahead and assume he was just being a stellar guy and got a drink poured out over him

I'm sure he deserved to have a drink poured on him. That doesn't change that she represents KU and poured a drink on a guy in public. Jackson also represents KU and he vandalized a vehicle in public. He absolutely should have at the very least missed a game.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 06, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »
The KU Star had an interesting editorial:
http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article136359533.html

Robert Pasmore · Works at Retired-Unitog Rental Services.
This young lady(basketball player) is bad news. Perhaps she would be happier at an all girls school.
Like · Reply · 43 mins

:sdeek:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 06, 2017, 08:48:37 AM »
Ha, that editorial is on the star's kuhoops fan site.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 06, 2017, 08:58:09 AM »
Instead, we get this from the coach: “It’s certainly been taxing. … Kids should be able to go out and relax and have fun and play the game they love, even though it’s playing for pretty high stakes. And those things that transpire probably didn’t allow them to do that quite as much, which is disappointing.”

:eek:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 06, 2017, 09:02:02 AM »

I'm sure he deserved to have a drink poured on him. That doesn't change that she represents KU and poured a drink on a guy in public. Jackson also represents KU and he vandalized a vehicle in public. He absolutely should have at the very least missed a game.
Good grief. She reps KU by shaming ass holes. The university should support that.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 06, 2017, 09:02:56 AM »
The KU Star had an interesting editorial:
http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article136359533.html

Robert Pasmore · Works at Retired-Unitog Rental Services.
This young lady(basketball player) is bad news. Perhaps she would be happier at an all girls school.
Like · Reply · 43 mins

:sdeek:
His throat and hands need to be ended

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 06, 2017, 09:08:26 AM »
They almost are. He's like a 90 year old racist, with Trump crap all over his Facebook wall. Dude is old school AF and will never change.