Author Topic: Ruh-oh!!!  (Read 87167 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ruh-oh!!!
« Reply #350 on: February 24, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article134735694.html

My goodness. They are really becoming Baylor Lite.

:surprised: quite the comment on that article

At least 2 cases of battery, vandalism, and a possible rape. Its not quite Baylor FB, but that's a lot of stuff.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 24, 2017, 01:05:33 PM »
lansing is officially jealous of lawrence

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
How many arrests is that in 2 months for Billy's boys?
« Reply #352 on: February 24, 2017, 01:07:46 PM »
3 or 4?

Bragg, Jackson, Graham, ... and wasn't there one other in there? Lose track.

----------------------------------------------

The Douglas County District Attorney’s Office has charged Kansas basketball player Josh Jackson with criminal damage to a woman’s car.

According to a news release, witnesses say they saw Jackson kicking the car while arguing with the woman outside a Lawrence club on Dec. 9.

Total damage to the vehicle was more than $3,100 and multiple people were allegedly involved in committing it, the DA Office’s news release indicates.

The threshold for felony charges is $1,000 in damage, but the office has charged Jackson with a misdemeanor.

The news release indicates this is because witness descriptions point to multiple people engaging in the vandalism, meaning Jackson was not solely responsible.

It says witnesses say they saw him kick the driver’s door and a rear taillight.

Damage to those two areas was estimated at about $1,130. The news release says felony charges were not brought “because the State cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that all the damage to the door and taillight were caused by Jackson.”

The DA’s news release says the incident occurred at 545 Wisconsin Street after an altercation that began inside the Yacht Club involving the woman and Jackson’s friend. Officers determined the woman threw a drink on a male patron while leaving the club.

The press release notes that defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Jackson, a freshman from Detroit, is the second-leading scorer and rebounder for No. 3 KU, which secured a share of its 13th straight Big 12 regular-season championship with Wednesday night’s win against TCU. Jackson averages 16.5 points and 7.1 rebounds for the Jayhawks (25-3, 13-2 Big 12).

KU will play at Texas at 5 p.m. Saturday. KU has yet to announce whether Jackson will be allowed to play in that game.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 24, 2017, 01:07:49 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article134735694.html

At least 2 cases of battery, vandalism, and a possible rape. Its not quite Baylor FB, but that's a lot of stuff.

(I meant the actual comment on the article when you follow the link) Edit: which has since been rightfully removed, it was a NSFW Sex Bot link

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 24, 2017, 01:07:54 PM »

He was referring to the comment section. The comment (since deleted) was a svelt young woman inquiring if the readers would like to see what she looks like when masturbating. The comment included a tinyurl that I did not click.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 24, 2017, 01:08:57 PM »
Is pouring a beer on someone not assault? Charge that crazy bitch with assault.

I hope Josh's foot is ok.

I'm pretty picky about the character of KU football and basketball players.  Uh this is stupid and this is a witch hunt.

Why should this warrant any kind of suspension?  Pay the fine and move on.  Same with Graham.  This is a simple case were kids did something stupid.  When did paying your debt to society continue past paying the fine?

F'ing KC media passing out the bark to MU and K-State fans again.

The same girl is at the center of every one of these incidents? Is that correct?

If you haven't been involved in property damage when you were younger, I would imagine you are in the minority of male youth

Raise your hand if you were 18-19 and never threw a beer at a parked car, never pissed on a car handle, never got into a bar fight, never smoked a joint, never thought about a 3-way with a chick in a bar, never streaked, never skinny dipped with a pool full of drunk chicks, never snuck out of the house, never drank/partied to all hours of the night.

What Jackson is accused of happens millions of times in college towns all over the country, and has been going on for decades.

We call this stupid.

We call this normal.

The only reason it's a story is because it involves a KU basketball player.

It obviously isn't right to damage someone else's property, but I don't know that this even deserves a suspension. If it does, 1 game should suffice. Jackson should pay the fine and move on. Any other infractions by the team should require stiffer penalties.
I'm sure HCBS has already told them that if they ** up this season w/ any more off the court __**, he will murder them. At this point, they need to be locked in their rooms at 9:00pm to make sure they aren't doing anything they shouldn't, or that crazy hoes aren't trying to railroad them and their season.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 24, 2017, 01:09:25 PM »

He was referring to the comment section. The comment (since deleted) was a svelt young woman inquiring if the readers would like to see what she looks like when masturbating. The comment included a tinyurl that I did not click.

:thumbs:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 24, 2017, 01:09:32 PM »

(I meant the actual comment on the article when you follow the link) Edit: which has since been rightfully removed, it was a NSFW Sex Bot link

That makes more sense. They must have deleted it, because when I checked there wasn't one there.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 24, 2017, 01:12:51 PM »
Raise your hand if you were 18-19 and never threw a beer at a parked car, never pissed on a car handle

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 24, 2017, 01:22:18 PM »
a 3-way with a chick in a bar, never streaked, never skinny dipped with a pool full of drunk chicks

Can't say that I have.  Apparently there are unique opportunities in Lawrence that make these things appear normal. 

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 24, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »
Once again after reading quotes over here from ku fans I find myself wondering out loud "who are these people?".

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 24, 2017, 03:10:52 PM »
I guess I missed out in my youth when I never kicked a woman in the face or caused property damage when a woman is upset that my bud kicked her in the face and then went back to my bros house and raped a 16yr old runaway
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 24, 2017, 03:27:14 PM »

Raise your hand if you were 18-19 and never threw a beer at a parked car, never pissed on a car handle, never got into a bar fight, never smoked a joint, never thought about a 3-way with a chick in a bar, never streaked, never skinny dipped with a pool full of drunk chicks, never snuck out of the house, never drank/partied to all hours of the night.

What Jackson is accused of happens millions of times in college towns all over the country, and has been going on for decades.

We call this stupid.

We call this normal.

I don't understand why this is in the list.

Offline kstofer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 24, 2017, 04:40:35 PM »

We call this stupid.

We call this normal.

I don't understand why this is in the list.
I've thought about a lot of things in my life, I wouldn't use that as a defense to go kick other people's cars though.  I can say I've never even thought about pissing on a car handle.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 24, 2017, 04:48:29 PM »
what about sneaking out of the house when you're in college, huh?

Yeah, thought so.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2017, 08:57:54 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 24, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »
what are you doing ku

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 24, 2017, 09:58:28 PM »
Looks like Kansas is trying to thread the needle for a perfect Title 9 comparison.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 24, 2017, 10:28:58 PM »
The Facebook comments on that article are incredibly sad, but not surprising.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 25, 2017, 09:51:17 AM »
I really like this comment.  Show accountability.
"Coach Self owes the public NOTHING and especially when it comes to a suspension for Jackson."
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 25, 2017, 10:04:09 AM »
Good grief

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article134880269.html

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Come on guys, I'm sure this is just a random coincidence type thing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ruh-oh!!!
« Reply #371 on: February 25, 2017, 10:43:37 AM »
Why would any female athlete even consider KU at this point? 

They have multiple Title IX lawsuits from female athletes for worse things being done to them by male athletes and subsequent mis-treatment by coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 25, 2017, 11:10:48 AM »
Why would any female athlete even consider KU at this point? 

They have multiple Title IX lawsuits from female athletes for worse things being done to them by male athletes and subsequent mis-treatment by coaches.

Part of KU's plan to save money without cutting sports. If no one wants to play in the women's program they don't have to give out any scholarships.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 25, 2017, 11:29:31 AM »
Why would any female athleteeven consider KU at this point? 

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 25, 2017, 05:09:45 PM »
Good grief

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article134880269.html

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Come on guys, I'm sure this is just a random coincidence type thing.

Just glanced at the box score from today's game. Apparently she didn't even play. 

I think the message is clear...you don't eff with the franchise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk