Author Topic: Ruh-oh!!!  (Read 87886 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ruh-oh!!!
« Reply #375 on: February 25, 2017, 05:38:57 PM »

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 25, 2017, 05:40:35 PM »
I guess I missed out in my youth when I never kicked a woman in the face or caused property damage when a woman is upset that my bud kicked her in the face and then went back to my bros house and raped a 16yr old runaway

Youth interrupted

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 25, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article134735694.html

My goodness. They are really becoming Baylor Lite.

:surprised: quite the comment on that article

At least 2 cases of battery, vandalism, and a possible rape. Its not quite Baylor FB, but that's a lot of stuff.

Basketball rosters are just a lot smaller than football rosters.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 25, 2017, 08:53:46 PM »
Leading scorer to DNP.  Sure that's normal

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2017, 11:23:21 AM »
Leading scorer to DNP.  Sure that's normal

oscar did that to Foster.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2017, 11:27:19 AM »
Douglas Cindy Buchanan · Owner/ President at DB construction of wichita Inc.
Kids will be kids these are men who AR viewed by thousands of kids who might just tak it as it's ok to this type of stuff. The coach needs to keep them in line by what ever means possible to represent the school as a whole and create a good environment parents will feel like it is a good place for there child to grow into a man. If they do this they might not have to pay these kids to come play there.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 27, 2017, 11:29:40 AM »
Scott Mastenbrook · Account Manager at Alexander Open Systems / AOS
Not a good situation by any means. The good news is everything has been overblown by the media and social media. Laura Bauer (who is obviously trying to make this a bigger story than it is) might want to find out the real reason why Calvert haesn't played. The real reason is her stats. shooting 29% from the field, 23% from 3, 61% from the line, and racking up 35 assists to just 57 turnovers. Josh Jackson should absolutely NOT be suspended. He will pay his legal responsibilities but the price he paid privately to Coach Self was probably far worse. Coach Self owes the public NOTHING and especially when it comes to a suspension for Jackson.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 27, 2017, 11:33:20 AM »
Scott Mastenbrook · Account Manager at Alexander Open Systems / AOS
Not a good situation by any means. The good news is everything has been overblown by the media and social media. Laura Bauer (who is obviously trying to make this a bigger story than it is) might want to find out the real reason why Calvert haesn't played. The real reason is her stats. shooting 29% from the field, 23% from 3, 61% from the line, and racking up 35 assists to just 57 turnovers. Josh Jackson should absolutely NOT be suspended. He will pay his legal responsibilities but the price he paid privately to Coach Self was probably far worse. Coach Self owes the public NOTHING and especially when it comes to a suspension for Jackson.

lol.

(Bill snaps whip.. come on, boy.. you gotta stay another year or I'll ruin your career, boy)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 27, 2017, 11:40:07 AM »
^really never lol'd. not sure why I put that.

it's really sad, actually.

:frown:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 01, 2017, 10:00:26 AM »

Can someone shop Bragg and Vick etc onto some of these guys for a gif? 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Big Train

« Reply #385 on: March 03, 2017, 07:30:46 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 03, 2017, 08:42:05 PM »
Good Lord

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 03, 2017, 08:48:20 PM »
Neverending
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 03, 2017, 09:00:39 PM »
Just awful. I'm glad someone is reporting on this stuff and drawing attention to it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 03, 2017, 09:45:31 PM »
The women's basketball coach should be fired and KU is looking squarely down the barrel of a title IX lawsuit.

The Big Train

« Reply #390 on: March 04, 2017, 02:32:20 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 04, 2017, 03:05:24 PM »
She might be shooting herself in the foot by publicly commenting on a Title IX investigation.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 04, 2017, 04:11:56 PM »
She might be shooting herself in the foot by publicly commenting on a Title IX investigation.
Crazy how people feel the need to defend themselves when an institution is trying to destroy their life.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 04, 2017, 07:48:06 PM »

Oh yeah? How so?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 04, 2017, 08:42:44 PM »

Oh yeah? How so?

I'm not saying schools can put a "gag order" on victims. They can't. Nor should they. However, it's not in her best interests to comment publicly at this stage. The school legally cannot comment publicly, so if she does speak publicly, and if she is not careful/truthful with her allegations, then she runs the risk of damaging her credibility in the pending proceedings. If she is being entirely truthful, then there is no problem. But even if she thinks she is telling the truth but accidentally misspeaks, it might damage her credibility. In short, there is nothing to gain and something to lose.

It's just like any other legal proceeding: You stand far more to lose than to gain by commenting publicly while the case is pending. To be sure, I'm not making a claim about the merits of this case. How could I? I don't know the facts. I'm merely saying that, at least until there is a final decision, the best advice she could be given is to not speak to media regarding an ongoing investigation.

I hope the preceding is not interpreted as an attempt to protect the University. If the University of guilty of something, they should be liable, and I hope all the bad things in the world happen to them and no one else but them. I feel no reason to blindly protect the University of Kansas. Justice usually prevails, but if it doesn't, then it's time to speak out. I wouldn't want a potentially meritous claim to get submarined by careless talk. That's all I'm saying.

The Big Train

« Reply #395 on: March 04, 2017, 08:54:13 PM »
Spracs - Best to just let it go.

Sounds familiar

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 04, 2017, 10:13:33 PM »
Spracs - Best to just let it go.

Sounds familiar

Choo Choooooooooo

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 04, 2017, 10:14:12 PM »

Oh yeah? How so?

I'm not saying schools can put a "gag order" on victims. They can't. Nor should they. However, it's not in her best interests to comment publicly at this stage. The school legally cannot comment publicly, so if she does speak publicly, and if she is not careful/truthful with her allegations, then she runs the risk of damaging her credibility in the pending proceedings. If she is being entirely truthful, then there is no problem. But even if she thinks she is telling the truth but accidentally misspeaks, it might damage her credibility. In short, there is nothing to gain and something to lose.

It's just like any other legal proceeding: You stand far more to lose than to gain by commenting publicly while the case is pending. To be sure, I'm not making a claim about the merits of this case. How could I? I don't know the facts. I'm merely saying that, at least until there is a final decision, the best advice she could be given is to not speak to media regarding an ongoing investigation.

I hope the preceding is not interpreted as an attempt to protect the University. If the University of guilty of something, they should be liable, and I hope all the bad things in the world happen to them and no one else but them. I feel no reason to blindly protect the University of Kansas. Justice usually prevails, but if it doesn't, then it's time to speak out. I wouldn't want a potentially meritous claim to get submarined by careless talk. That's all I'm saying.

That's a ton of spracplaining given she didn't say anything, at all. I know you see yourself as the accepted KU fan here but this hit dog is hollering as loud as anyone on the phog.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 04, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »

Oh yeah? How so?

That's a ton of spracplaining given she didn't say anything, at all. I know you see yourself as the accepted KU fan here but this hit dog is hollering as loud as anyone on the phog.

She did speak, though. Maybe the linked article did not directly quote her, but here's this: http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/mar/04/mckenzie-calvert-speaks-about-incident-led-josh-ja/

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 04, 2017, 10:48:05 PM »
Oh. Thanks for that. Your post seems to indicate that she isn't being truthful, what in that article isn't truthful, in your opinion of course?