Author Topic: Questions thread  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Questions thread
« on: May 12, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »
A question that I had:

Sometimes after I've thrown/dropped my channel changer, a bettery will fall out or just dislodge.  The channel changer will work for like one decision, but then will require both batteries again.

Is this similar to the phantom limb phenomenon that people without all of their arms/legs feel or is this more of a Wil E. Coyote not looking down once over air and not a ledge phenomenon?

Would like some clarity.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Questions thread
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 04:49:47 PM »
Just as I was posting that, another question came to mind....

Why does my dog like to lick my finger after I have cleaned out some ear wax or tried to clear out the water from my ear after a shower?  She also likes to lick my finger after I clean her ears.

Is there nutritional value to ear wax (maybe a daris dad question...) and if so, how much do I have to eat to live longer (something I would consider).

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 04:53:47 PM »
A question that I had:

Sometimes after I've thrown/dropped my channel changer, a bettery will fall out or just dislodge.  The channel changer will work for like one decision, but then will require both batteries again.

Is this similar to the phantom limb phenomenon that people without all of their arms/legs feel or is this more of a Wil E. Coyote not looking down once over air and not a ledge phenomenon?

Would like some clarity.

I always pictured it like a garden hose. After you turn the water off, you can get a couple good squeezes left.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 05:16:46 PM »
What the eff is Garfield's beef with John anyways?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 05:22:37 PM »
I know this is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), but sometimes I wonder if I could eat SOOOOOO efficiently that I would never poop.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 05:25:05 PM »
I know this is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), but sometimes I wonder if I could eat SOOOOOO efficiently that I would never poop.

My friend asked me if I would rather spend 24 straight hours pooping and not have to poop for a year, or keep the current system. What a joke. Always poop on company time.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 05:39:43 PM »

My friend asked me if I would rather spend 24 straight hours pooping and not have to poop for a year, or keep the current system. What a joke. Always poop on company time.

yeah people with poop issues weird me out.  Consider me in the daris camp and not the sd camp.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 06:01:53 PM »

Why does my dog like to lick my finger after I have cleaned out some ear wax or tried to clear out the water from my ear after a shower?  She also likes to lick my finger after I clean her ears.

Is there nutritional value to ear wax (maybe a daris dad question...) and if so, how much do I have to eat to live longer (something I would consider).

dad says that earwax is there for a reason and does good things for your body (helps protect eardrum, keeps canals from drying/cracking, antifungal/antibacterial properties, etc.). food is not one of them. putting your earwax or someone elses in your mouth is not advisable. dogs also lick their own ass and sometimes eat their own poop. hth.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »
dogs eat poop bc they can smell the food in it.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 04:46:46 PM »

See, this gets back to my efficiency question.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »

dad says that earwax is there for a reason and does good things for your body (helps protect eardrum, keeps canals from drying/cracking, antifungal/antibacterial properties, etc.). food is not one of them. putting your earwax or someone elses in your mouth is not advisable. dogs also lick their own ass and sometimes eat their own poop. hth.

My ear wax is delicious.  STFU
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 05:15:34 PM »
KGB.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »

why do you let her? or even offer?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 06:57:13 PM »

same with earwaxes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 07:08:01 PM »
not advisable to put cerumen into your mouth. first study that popped up. it is good for your body, you just don't put it in you mouth. like poop in that way.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11801996

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 08:48:48 AM »
not advisable to put cerumen into your mouth. first study that popped up. it is good for your body, you just don't put it in you mouth. like poop in that way.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11801996

Except you don't want to keep poop in your body. :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 08:52:49 AM »
If the power-stripe in that power-stripe deoderant is so great why don't they make the entire stick out of whatever the power-stripe is made of :dunno:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »

A wise man once told me you shouldn't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.  Or something like that.  I think the guy was a complete loon though. 

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »
A question that I had:

Would like some clarity.
They might have a little juice left in the capacitors.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »
Calling electricity "juice" is hilarious.  Especially when used in conjunction with "capacitors."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 11:24:13 AM »

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 12:14:31 PM »

Entertaining, I guess.  Also, reminds me I am much smarter than her.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 12:26:22 PM »

Doubtful.  I bet she knows why she licks it. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »

I didn't figure I would get a good answer to that question. I was wrong.

I guess it's similar to when i put the Vicks smell tube thingy up to the cat's nose. Funny as hell.
- chunkles

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 12:39:51 PM »

Isn't pooping on company time the reason they put Facebook on cell phones?  Anytime I see someone update their status from their cell phone during the day, I just know that they're pooping.