Author Topic: Trump owns Russia  (Read 770894 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Trump owns Russia
« Reply #7050 on: August 06, 2018, 10:15:20 AM »
There is no legal distinction between attempted conspiracy and conspiracy. You’re better than this KSUW.

:lol: Okkkkay. So now we've deftly switched from "COLUSION" to "conspiracy." Conspiracy to do what illegal act? You keep throwing all these buzzwords around to make a plainly political act into a crime. And it isn't a crime. It's not even unusual to dig for dirt, let alone a crime.

Let's try it this way. Give me the specific crime that was supposedly committed and work from there.

Please understand, I am not playing the devil's advocate here. And I'm not just blindly defending the President. I am legitimately baffled as to what you think you've got. Start by telling me the crime - an actual crime - that you think was committed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:20:38 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #7051 on: August 06, 2018, 10:20:07 AM »
https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1026177474273726469?s=19

:lol: Now we've arrived at "attempted COLUSION." Because some Trump campaign staffers took a meeting with a Russion lawyer promising dirt on Clinton.

Question: if that's "attempted COLUSION," what would you call the HRC campaign's paying for a dossier full of salacious and unconfirmed Russian gossip and then feeding that to the FBI?

It's just absurd, clickbait. It is equivalent to someone linking The Star magazine as a source.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: August 06, 2018, 10:21:46 AM »
https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1026177474273726469?s=19

Now we've arrived at "attempted COLUSION." Because some Trump campaign staffers took a meeting with a Russion lawyer promising dirt on Clinton.

Question: if that's "attempted COLUSION," what would you call the HRC campaign's paying for a dossier full of salacious and unconfirmed Russian gossip and then feeding that to the FBI?

It's just absurd, clickbait. It is equivalent to someone linking The Star magazine as a source.
Sorry infowars is being shut down everywhere fsd. Feel for you.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: August 06, 2018, 10:22:08 AM »
HRC openly admits to hiring a foreign agent to create the Steele dossier.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: August 06, 2018, 10:26:07 AM »
Count 1: Conspiracy to collude with a conspirator to publish public informartion on wikileaks

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: August 06, 2018, 10:26:59 AM »
Count 2: knows a guy who knows a guy who did business in russia once

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: August 06, 2018, 10:29:24 AM »
Count 3: failure to transmit every fact of a story through 140 max character social networking medium (i.e., misleading the public)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: August 06, 2018, 10:30:24 AM »
Count 4: could possibly do something I don't like even though he said he isn't going to do that

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: August 06, 2018, 10:31:00 AM »
Count 5: impeachment because

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trump owns Russia
« Reply #7059 on: August 06, 2018, 10:32:43 AM »
There is no legal distinction between attempted conspiracy and conspiracy. You’re better than this KSUW.

:lol: Okkkkay. So now we've deftly switched from "COLUSION" to "conspiracy." Conspiracy to do what illegal act? You keep throwing all these buzzwords around to make a plainly political act into a crime. And it isn't a crime. It's not even unusual to dig for dirt, let alone a crime.

Let's try it this way. Give me the specific crime that was supposedly committed and work from there.

Please understand, I am not playing the devil's advocate here. And I'm not just blindly defending the President. I am legitimately baffled as to what you think you've got. Start by telling me the crime - an actual crime - that you think was committed.

Taking a meeting with a representative or agent of a foreign (Russian) government in order to assist a US Presidential campaign is a campaign finance violation.

I’m sure some libtards would throw around treason as well, but campaign finance seems the most obvious.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: August 06, 2018, 10:33:00 AM »
So she should or shouldn't be charged with a crime? Hard to pin down you guys opinion on this... Seems to vary wildly depending on if it is Hillary or Donald we are discussing.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: August 06, 2018, 10:36:48 AM »
So she should or shouldn't be charged with a crime? Hard to pin down you guys opinion on this... Seems to vary wildly depending on if it is Hillary or Donald we are discussing.

Why can't you answer the question???

The trump people think it was used to fraudulently obtain a search warrant, I don't think they said the act of contracting with a foreign agent is illegal by itself.

Although apparently Catastrophe does, which would be an amazing precedent and probably lock up every member of congress.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: August 06, 2018, 10:38:53 AM »
I know I'm dealing with intellectually shallow highly malleable minds from the left here, but this stuff is 12+ months old so you've had plenty of time to get your story straight.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: August 06, 2018, 10:41:17 AM »
I should prob just stay out of the fever swamp that is this thread, but I just can’t understand the hysteria about the Trump Tower meeting. Here’s what liberals have said (or re-posted) in just the last few pages:

1. Trump Jr lied about the purpose of the meeting. [No, I don’t think he did if you look at his statements from last July. His first statement was limited to what was discussed at the meeting. The subsequent statements in the next couple days acknowledged that the purpose of the meeting was for something different than what they actually got. Those statements aren’t inconsistent. They pertain to different things - the purported purpose of the meeting versus the content of the meeting.]

2. Trump lied about knowing about the meeting. [Did he? I’m not so sure. But if he did so what? What was actually wrong with the meeting?]

3. Well if there was nothing wrong with the meeting why did he lie about it? [Again did he lie? But assuming he did, maybe he just thought it politically embarrassing to admit they took a meeting looking for dirt on HRC].

4. COLUSION! Attempted COLUSION!!! [What? What is COLUSION? Is it a crime?]

5. Conspiracy!!! [Conspiracy to do what? Conspiracy can be a standalone crime, but only if committed in furtherance of some other illegal activity. Conspiracy to collide? See point 4.]

I really don’t know where the libs are going with this. I question whether they even know. Or maybe they just chant their daily mantra “Mueller will figure it out. Mueller will figure it out.”
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: August 06, 2018, 10:43:25 AM »

Taking a meeting with a representative or agent of a foreign (Russian) government in order to assist a US Presidential campaign is a campaign finance violation.

I’m sure some libtards would throw around treason as well, but campaign finance seems the most obvious.

Really? Please cite some support for this. I didn’t realize there were campaign finance laws against taking meetings with anyone. How’s that pertain to campaign finance?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7065 on: August 06, 2018, 10:48:44 AM »

Really? Please cite some support for this. I didn’t realize there were campaign finance laws against taking meetings with anyone. How’s that pertain to campaign finance?

I'm happy to help.  Here are the top three results from my googling:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-russian-lawyer-meeting-20180805-story.html
But legal experts have pointed out several possible criminal charges, including conspiracy against the United States and aiding and abetting a conspiracy. Federal campaign finance law makes it illegal for a campaign to accept a "thing of value," such as a financial contribution, from foreign nationals. Opposition research could be counted by investigators as a "thing of value," experts have said.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/06/635860399/trump-admits-his-son-met-with-russian-lawyer-to-get-dirt-on-clinton
"Hard to see how there is not a serious case here of solicitation. Trump Jr. appears to have knowledge of the foreign source and is asking to see it," Rick Hasen, a campaign finance law expert, wrote on his blog last year. "Such information can be considered a 'thing of value' for purposes of the campaign finance law."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45079377
It is common for US politicians to research their opponents during a campaign.

However, legal experts say that Mr Trump Jr could fall foul of campaign finance laws, which prohibit accepting anything of value from a foreign government or foreign national.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: August 06, 2018, 10:49:21 AM »
Oh man. I just googled “Trump Tower Campaign Finance” to try to figure out where this nonsense is coming from. Apparently there are some people saying that even taking a meeting with someone offering dirt on an opponent constitutes a donation of a “thing of value” to the campaign. That is quite literally one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard. Is that really the reed you want to stand on? That any time a tipster tells a campaign they’ve got some dirt on an opponent, that falls within the campaign finance laws?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: August 06, 2018, 10:55:04 AM »
 :frown:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: August 06, 2018, 10:55:25 AM »
But as moronic as it is, this has also been really helpful to me. Before, I was confused. But now I understand that liberals are finally conceding that “COLUSION” is not a crime, and the working theory is now that Trump conspired to commit a campaign finance violation by agreeing to take a meeting with an informant offering dirt on HRC. That’s where we’ve come to, huh? Ok. Keeping gnawing at that and I’ll check back in in a few more months. Fever swamp out.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: August 06, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »

Why can't you answer the question???

The trump people think it was used to fraudulently obtain a search warrant, I don't think they said the act of contracting with a foreign agent is illegal by itself.

Although apparently Catastrophe does, which would be an amazing precedent and probably lock up every member of congress.
Yes. Investigate her and her campaign.

See how easy that was?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: August 06, 2018, 10:56:37 AM »
Oh man. I just googled “Trump Tower Campaign Finance” to try to figure out where this nonsense is coming from. Apparently there are some people saying that even taking a meeting with someone offering dirt on an opponent constitutes a donation of a “thing of value” to the campaign. That is quite literally one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard. Is that really the reed you want to stand on? That any time a tipster tells a campaign they’ve got some dirt on an opponent, that falls within the campaign finance laws?

You literally didn't even know the language of the rule 5 minutes ago and now you feel qualified to claim that the position of legal experts who work in this field is "literally one of the stupidest things I've ever heard"?

Forget not playing the devil's advocate, I'm not sure I can even accuse you of being a Trump apologist.  At least formulate a cogent argument against it.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: August 06, 2018, 10:57:58 AM »

You literally didn't even know the language of the rule 5 minutes ago and now you feel qualified to claim that the position of legal experts who work in this field is "literally one of the stupidest things I've ever heard"?

Forget not playing the devil's advocate, I'm not sure I can even accuse you of being a Trump apologist.  At least formulate a cogent argument against it.
He ran away already.... Best to claim you aren't reading anymore before your points are disputed.

Pro move.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: August 06, 2018, 11:08:16 AM »
put me in the camp to charge both HRC and DT with crimes. both shouldn't be allowed anywhere near government.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: August 06, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »
put me in the camp to charge both HRC and DT with crimes. both shouldn't be allowed anywhere near government.

Bingo.  Also, investigate if she murdered several thousand people

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: August 06, 2018, 11:13:09 AM »
For Fsd and others who think they are the exact same situation (but don't think Trump did anything wrong) here are some opinions on if they are the same....or not

https://www.businessinsider.com/differences-between-steele-dossier-and-trump-jr-meeting-with-russian-lawyer-2017-7