Author Topic: Trump owns Russia  (Read 772317 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Trump owns Russia
« Reply #6550 on: July 18, 2018, 07:16:20 PM »
Well that settles it. Trump is cleaning up the mess that two days ago he said didn’t exist and today he said is no longer a problem.

Makes perfect sense

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: July 18, 2018, 08:09:50 PM »
Take it to the POS republicans thread

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: July 18, 2018, 10:22:06 PM »
I was reading this article about Trump clouding all the info about Putin doing stuff to help Trump win, but this caught my attention most:

In March, the Department of Homeland Security declared that Russia was  targeting the American electric power grid, continuing to riddle it with malware that could be used to manipulate or shut down critical control systems. Intelligence officials have described it to Congress as a chief threat to American security.

Just last week, Mr. Coats said that current cyberthreats were “blinking red” and called Russia the “most aggressive foreign actor, no question.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html

So what is Putin's Russia's endgame?  eff us up so bad remotely that their military can come over here and whip ass so hard that USA has to become part of Russia? 

And if that's true, why hasn't the focus been on USA and all its buds warring the crap out of Russia now or maybe just also remotely rough ridin' them up even harder than they are USA, as opposed to trying to prove that Putin helped hoodwink dumbass American voters to Trump's benefit (something that Trump and his American crew did themselves)?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6555 on: July 18, 2018, 10:30:34 PM »
Pretty sure that's WaPo fake news  :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: July 18, 2018, 10:33:33 PM »
although dax is insane, i do think it's possible trump was responding to a different question.  there were obviously people talking that the audio didn't pick up.

Even sys is starting to fall into the: "well I guess it's possible" mentality when assessing the truthfulness of this administration.  It truly does wear on a person.

https://twitter.com/CeciliaVega/status/1019671717587890176

I'm sure he was talking to me!!!!!  :curse:  And answering my question!!!!  :Crybaby: This means trump colludes with russia!!!  :runaway:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: July 18, 2018, 10:35:51 PM »
This is a national correspondent  :lol:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: July 18, 2018, 10:52:06 PM »
FSD is a loyal soldier.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: July 19, 2018, 08:19:50 AM »
I was reading this article about Trump clouding all the info about Putin doing stuff to help Trump win, but this caught my attention most:

In March, the Department of Homeland Security declared that Russia was  targeting the American electric power grid, continuing to riddle it with malware that could be used to manipulate or shut down critical control systems. Intelligence officials have described it to Congress as a chief threat to American security.

Just last week, Mr. Coats said that current cyberthreats were “blinking red” and called Russia the “most aggressive foreign actor, no question.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html

So what is Putin's Russia's endgame?  eff us up so bad remotely that their military can come over here and whip ass so hard that USA has to become part of Russia? 

And if that's true, why hasn't the focus been on USA and all its buds warring the crap out of Russia now or maybe just also remotely rough ridin' them up even harder than they are USA, as opposed to trying to prove that Putin helped hoodwink dumbass American voters to Trump's benefit (something that Trump and his American crew did themselves)?

What you describe is not even a remote possibility at this point.  Short of an all out nuclear attack, it is unfathomable that any single country could succeed in an attack on American soil.  Plus, we still have NATO, which I don't think Trump would be able to completely get us out of during his presidency.

There are two very likely motivations behind Russia's attacks: (1) undermine U.S. exceptionalism in order to convince Russian citizens that they have it good enough ("can we just give up this democracy experiment now?"); and (2) get in a position to compromise U.S. infrastructure enough to where you can legit blackmail U.S. leaders to be your silent partner on the world stage ("look, no one wants a total blackout of the East Cost / another election fiasco, maybe just lift sanctions / lend military support / etc.?").

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: July 19, 2018, 08:33:40 AM »
i think people have an inaccurate impression of russian military capacity based on memories of the cold war.  the us military dwarfs russia.  we spend almost 10:1 compared to them.  in any military contest anywhere in the world russia has two options v. the united states - 1: mutually assured destruction or 2: they get their ass kicked.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: July 19, 2018, 08:38:31 AM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: July 19, 2018, 08:40:36 AM »
i think people have an inaccurate impression of russian military capacity based on memories of the cold war.  the us military dwarfs russia.  we spend almost 10:1 compared to them.  in any military contest anywhere in the world russia has two options v. the united states - 1: mutually assured destruction or 2: they get their ass kicked.

There is a much more likely 3rd option which is a proxy war. The Us is going to have to decide what constitutes an act of war (some people think election meddling counts) and whether it is worth testing out whether they really want to engage with option 2 with the implicit threat of option 1 always on the table for Russia.

This is why the US has very little leverage over N Korea, even with their very undefined arsenal. With Russia it is magnified because they have a much greater deterrent because of the size of their arsenal and the much more consistent delivery systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: July 19, 2018, 08:44:06 AM »
whether it is worth testing out whether they really want to engage with option 2 with the implicit threat of option 1 always on the table for Russia.

of course.  as far as i know, india and pakistan are the only two nuclear-armed countries ever to reach the point of open military conflict.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: July 19, 2018, 08:55:40 AM »
I told you dumbasses

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1019938748413435910
He definitely hasn't contradicted himself in the last 18 months on this. Great job wacky.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: July 19, 2018, 08:58:45 AM »
I know. I'm just here reporting facts.  :thumbs:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: July 19, 2018, 09:18:59 AM »
I told you dumbasses

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1019938748413435910

Wacky, why do you think Trump refused to recognize it when Putin was in the room?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: July 19, 2018, 09:26:39 AM »
I don't know and I don't care.  :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: July 19, 2018, 09:27:24 AM »
I don't know and I don't care.  :dunno:

trump supporter 101.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6570 on: July 19, 2018, 09:33:39 AM »
I was just here to lol with you guys about trump's tweet and now it's turning into insults from the libs. Classic libs101- 2018.  :frown: Sad.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:51:07 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: July 19, 2018, 09:55:31 AM »
Strange that your post calling people assholes wasn't well received

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: July 19, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »
There are two very likely motivations behind Russia's attacks: (1) undermine U.S. exceptionalism in order to convince Russian citizens that they have it good enough ("can we just give up this democracy experiment now?"); and (2) get in a position to compromise U.S. infrastructure enough to where you can legit blackmail U.S. leaders to be your silent partner on the world stage ("look, no one wants a total blackout of the East Cost / another election fiasco, maybe just lift sanctions / lend military support / etc.?").

#1 is so far down the list of things I'd care about, mainly because our country has its own set of rubes so easily taken advantage of to be worried about.  #2 is concerning as far as blackmail goes, but being blackmailed to give PR bumps not so much.  I'd think the blackmail would have a much higher goal in mind.

No bad actor should be allowed to have or even attempt to have the ability to eff with USA's power grid.  If that's accurate, it's shocking to me that it's given a back seat in concerns to election "meddling."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: July 19, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »
Strange that your post calling people assholes wasn't well received
Sad that a joke board can't pick up sarcasm.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: July 19, 2018, 10:07:59 AM »
I agree #1 isn't super problematic right now for the average American.  I mean, I could see some people being troubled by it who feel that we need to be promoting more democratic governments across the globe (typically Republicans up until this year), but mostly it is just a pretty clear motivation of Putin.

#2 is about more than PR bumps. Getting a U.S. president to lift sanctions, refuse to support other global actions against Russia, and potentially offer military support for other Russian actions (hypothetical) would do a lot to impact Russia's bottom line.

I am not as familiar with the attempted power grid hacking, but I guess my two thoughts there are: (1) unlike the election meddling, it has not been successful up to this point; and (2) if you cannot get the president (or honestly Congress at this point) to acknowledge the election meddling with some tangible response then how do you expect to accomplish anything on the grid stuff which I'm guessing is much more difficult to prove?