Author Topic: 3:38 to go up 1 with the ball  (Read 17045 times)

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
Re: 3:38 to go up 1 with the ball
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2017, 11:20:14 AM »
Doesn't it just come down to whether you want oscar as our coach or not?  I do not.  That is my position, the rest is academic.
Not 100%. I don't want oscar as our coach. But he isn't 100% to blame for the loss last night. Other variables:

1) Aforementioned poor officiating.
2) Academy awards to all of the Tech floppers (is related to #1).
3) Where the heck was Wes going?
4) We've improved tremendously in FT shooting (could be coaching, could be individual initiative, could be both) - except in crucial situations at the end of the game!
5) Why not put put Maurice in when you have Wade & DJamer with 3 (and 4) fouls each? This was a bad coaching move.
6) We failed to rebound on Tech's missed FT.

All of this adds up (I liked MIR's point - none of this is mutually exclusive) to our team has not learned how to close out close games (maybe we have at home?) on the road. Period. We need to learn how to do that if we're going to the torn-a-ment.

Forgot who said it earlier, but I could tell we wouldn't hold on once we missed the front end of the 1 and 1.  :curse:

How do we match up with Baylor? (maybe I don't want to hear the answer . . . )
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »
I'm less mad now. Looked like Kam traveled at the end. Oh well.

Do you mean Barry? He did, but no call. Followed by another no call on the hit on the head.
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Yeah, he definitely did. Saw a few tweets slowing it down last night, pretty obvious travel actually, but can't find any of them. Can someone else?

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2017, 11:33:03 AM »
I wish the firebruceweber.com was still working......that was such an enjoyable site
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2017, 11:38:13 AM »
Doesn't it just come down to whether you want oscar as our coach or not?  I do not.  That is my position, the rest is academic.
Not 100%. I don't want oscar as our coach. But he isn't 100% to blame for the loss last night. Other variables:

4) We've improved tremendously in FT shooting (could be coaching, could be individual initiative, could be both) - except in crucial situations at the end of the game!
5) Why not put put Maurice in when you have Wade & DJamer with 3 (and 4) fouls each? This was a bad coaching move.

All of this adds up (I liked MIR's point - none of this is mutually exclusive) to our team has not learned how to close out close games (maybe we have at home?) on the road. Period. We need to learn how to do that if we're going to the torn-a-ment.

Forgot who said it earlier, but I could tell we wouldn't hold on once we missed the front end of the 1 and 1.  :curse:

I think we get killed by Baylor (figuratively speaking, not Patrick Dennehy speaking)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2017, 11:38:31 AM »

Pretty much where I'm at.

I think we can beat Baylor, and if I do my K-State basketball mood will be positive again.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2017, 11:52:10 AM »
I agree about beating Bears.  There first two.wins were not by much.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »
I'm afraid that Baylor is going to be pretty focused after the beating they just took. The only times we ever seem to beat them is when they have below average effort. Can't imagine that will be the case this weekend.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2017, 01:10:52 PM »
The only times we ever seem to beat them is when they have below average effort.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »
imagine if we had used our embarrassingly bad non-con to develop guys like maurice, would have been cool

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2017, 01:40:46 PM »
Hey guys, the players kind of suck and we don't have enough serviceable front court players.  You know who that falls on?  The mf'ing coach.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2017, 02:09:08 PM »
lol at breaking your personal property because of K-State bruceketball at Texas Tech.

As always meow meow you're the best person on this blog and the gold standard we achieve to be. I obviously didn't intend to break the door of my fireplace, dipshit.

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2017, 02:11:18 PM »
The solution seems pretty obvious - we need a coaching closer who can deal with these tricky end-of-game situations that require lots of back-and-forth between players and coaches, complicated scenario planning, not getting technicals, etc.  B dubs just needs to pass the clipboard to the Mariano Rivera of college hoops coaching.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2017, 02:13:46 PM »
The solution seems pretty obvious - we need a coaching closer who can deal with these tricky end-of-game situations that require lots of back-and-forth between players and coaches, complicated scenario planning, not getting technicals, etc.  B dubs just needs to pass the clipboard to the Mariano Rivera of college hoops coaching.
That use to be Brad Underwood for Frank.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2017, 02:14:15 PM »
lol at breaking your personal property because of K-State bruceketball at Texas Tech.

As always meow meow you're the best person on this blog and the gold standard we achieve to be. I obviously didn't intend to break the door of my fireplace, dipshit.

maybe, i don't know, just relax, and don't get worked up all the rough ridin' time about things that don't matter.  or do, it's whatever.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2017, 02:17:37 PM »

I liked the looks we took at the end of the KU and TTU games.   :dunno:  I seem to remember a lot of dumbass endings to games in the years past.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2017, 03:09:52 PM »

maybe, i don't know, just relax, and don't get worked up all the rough ridin' time about things that don't matter.  or do, it's whatever.

I get worked up all the time about things that don't matter? Nice to know and thanks for the advice, life's best lessons always come from anonymous internet trolls.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »
I for once want to see a team get a lead, and extend that lead to a sizeable marging, as if to say  we show to mercy.

We had that lead at 7, and melted away......
We had that lead against Texas, and almost melted away.....
Awaiting the inevitable KITN