Author Topic: Tuesday at Allen  (Read 12027 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Tuesday at Allen
« on: January 02, 2017, 02:50:55 AM »
Here we go guys, back to Allen where we don't fare well. Will this year be different? Will Bill out-Oscar  as usual? Or will Oscar out-Oscar all by himself?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday at Allen
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:21:56 AM »
We should win by 3 but if the refs are up to their normal hubbub, we'll lose by 15ish.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:57:29 AM »
On paper we have similar talent, afraid coaching might be the difference maker in this one
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 08:21:54 AM »
I don't even watch or listen to this game anymore. At Allen between our nerves and early whistles we always fall behind by fifteen so early.  It just isn't any fun, so I don't pay any attention. Also makes it better the next day at the office. Right after we beat TCU in football the first thing one of my staff said to me was in reference to not being able to beat KU in basketball.  I told him to knock it off.  He is new to my staff.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 10:08:25 AM »
I don't even watch or listen to this game anymore. At Allen between our nerves and early whistles we always fall behind by fifteen so early.  It just isn't any fun, so I don't pay any attention. Also makes it better the next day at the office. Right after we beat TCU in football the first thing one of my staff said to me was in reference to not being able to beat KU in basketball.  I told him to knock it off.  He is new to my staff.
Down by double digits by the under 16 TO. Blow our wad cutting the deficit to 10. Lose by 15-25 in a game that is never really in question. The script is well-worn.

:bball:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 10:21:20 AM »
Slunk Lucas gets into foul trouble.  DJamer and Claws go beserk.  Wes keeps Mason, the 4Th Year Phenom, in check, and we win by six.  Best chance in a long time.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 10:44:25 AM »
Down by double digits by the under 16 TO. Blow our wad cutting the deficit to 10. Lose by 15-25 in a game that is never really in question. The script is well-worn.

:bball:

Yup, I'm so jazzed to lose by 15+
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 11:02:31 AM »

Typical KU Karl.

Now that the "Slavers" are gone Karl lives for the annual Kitty Beatdown at Phog Allen Fieldhouse. When it came time to divvy up this years split season tickets (2 seats split between 4 couples) Karl got first pick. Did he chose the OOC matchup against Stanford? The Big Monday matchup against WVU? Nope, Karl wants to see Kitty Tears.

Come tomorrow afternoon he will take off work around 3pm, pick the kids up from daycare in the used 2007 Honda Odyssey with 170,000 miles he bought 3 years ago (Karla would NOT let him drive the kids around in his 2002 Eclipse he had since undergrad) and drop them off at Karla's parents house at 95th and Lackman on his way to K-10.

Karla will want to eat at Free State before the game but when they get there at 5pm there is a 45 minute wait and the hostess doesn't care how much money Karl spent there in undergrad so Karla gently nudges him out and its on to Johnny's Across the River. After splitting a Great Bambino Pizza and pounding 6 bud lights Karl is ready to rain a barrage of BOOOOOO'S down from section 13a.

When he comes back in the office on Wednesday he will have a huge smile on his face and be content with his life, if only for 1 day.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 11:06:12 AM »
We need to start an "The Adventures of KU Karl and Karla" thread/book
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 11:08:22 AM »
The schedule makers sure didn't do us any favors starting us off at the hardest place to play for our first conference road game. We'll never know the true outcome had this game been played later in the season.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 11:12:47 AM »
Lacks the artistry of Dax. Sure we all want more, but leave it to the master.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
We win in lawrence every 12 years but its only been 11 so just keep that in mind when setting expectations for the game.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 12:25:28 PM »
anyone can do ku karl and karla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 12:32:02 PM »
Unfortunately this is Super Bowl Night at Allen's Boo House, so instead of the usual blue hair golf clap (with the most overrated crowd in college basketball) it'll be an absolute frenzy, a boiling cauldron of hate.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 12:57:08 PM »
We will lose, it won't be close. Don't care.

Let's go win Saturday.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 01:05:01 PM »
We will lose, it won't be close. Don't care.

we need to lose close.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 01:13:36 PM »
I wish I could hear oscar's inspirational "Lose this one close for Sys" speech

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 01:33:44 PM »
The local watch party is at one of my dog-friendly spots.  Might go and pitch everyone on k30nt.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 01:53:58 PM »
Bill will let us win to motivate his chickens.  Oscar can coach, but doesn't get super talent.  This year the talent spread is not.that.great.   You skeptical ninnies should paint your privates blue and.fart the KU fight song.  Mizzou Morons.have more.spirit than you all.  Dammit.be purple, be proud.  This is war, no doubting panzies.  Believe in the Cats!!!

The Big Train

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »
The line is even right now :lol:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 02:56:20 PM »
Bill will let us win to motivate his chickens.  Oscar can coach, but doesn't get super talent.  This year the talent spread is not.that.great.   You skeptical ninnies should paint your privates blue and.fart the KU fight song.  Mizzou Morons.have more.spirit than you all.  Dammit.be purple, be proud.  This is war, no doubting panzies.  Believe in the Cats!!!

I've seen this thing unfold far too often. I can remember the 2 victories (3 sort of) at Allen in my fan lifetime. 1994 when I was a freshman at K-State and 2006 when I was at the game. Winning there in 89 is a vague memory at best. Most of the losses in that span of nearly 30 years have not been close. At all.

I think I'm more optimistic than most, but I'm not going to force myself into believing that some magical upset is going to happen.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »
"this is our state, clap clap clap clap-clap"

I just can't bear to watch this play out again

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 04:24:05 PM »
If we can keep turnovers under 12 and hit 40% from 3 we'll be in the game provided there isn't a 20+ ft discrepancy or something stupid. It doesn't really matter because if it is close French Mason is shooting 2 every possession after the under 4.

KU plays small and their bigs are meh. It's not the usual mismatch [tackle party] in the paint. As long as we don't completely crap the bed shooting like we did against ut and don't completely forget we have DJamer like we did against ut we'll be fine.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »
The line is even right now :lol:
I will bet you $3,000 that isn't real and there isn't a sports book in the world that has that posted as a playable wager.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 05:05:45 PM »
If we can keep turnovers under 12 and hit 40% from 3 we'll be in the game provided there isn't a 20+ ft discrepancy or something stupid. It doesn't really matter because if it is close French Mason is shooting 2 every possession after the under 4.

KU plays small and their bigs are meh. It's not the usual mismatch [tackle party] in the paint. As long as we don't completely crap the bed shooting like we did against ut and don't completely forget we have DJamer like we did against ut we'll be fine.

Lmao