Author Topic: what's wrong w/ the country right now?  (Read 35715 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: what's wrong w/ the country right now?
« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2016, 04:40:32 PM »

this is the mental image i get every time someone complains about taxes.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2016, 04:41:28 PM »
Sales tax makes the most sense to me.  Its a transaction.  Owning land today that you paid for years ago isn't.

Why should a transaction between two individuals be taxed?  There are plenty of times that the government should force the terms to be public, but I don't know why there should be a tax.

Land is finite, very valuable.  The government secures, protects it, and provides infrastructure to support it.  This provides a lot of land's value through these efforts.  Taxing it is entirely appropriate.

Yeah. Property tax is mostly a local tax and it makes sense that those who benefit the most from decisions their local government makes (school location, etc) would pay the highest tax to support those improvements.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2016, 04:44:32 PM »
Property tax is double taxation. Taxed once on the purchase, and taxed in perpetuity just for owning it.

The right to private property ownership is also pretty fundamental to this country (I don't expect liberals to really "get" that or respect it, but it is). Taxing someone in perpetuity just to keep something they already purchased is absurdly unfair.

And if your position is that we should have property tax, but we shouldn't really enforce it on little old ladies who get behind on their tax bills, you're just proving the problem with property tax.

Sales tax is the least worst across-the-board tax. We should pay for more things based upon usage, like toll roads and private schools.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2016, 04:45:34 PM »
I'm in favor of enforcing against little old ladies who don't pay their taxes. If you can't afford your property, sell it to someone who can.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2016, 04:57:52 PM »
Estate/Death tax is super mumped too, you guys.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2016, 05:01:07 PM »
Estate/Death tax is super mumped too, you guys.

Naw
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2016, 05:01:48 PM »
Yeah.  I mean, it isn't quite as absurd as property tax, but still super absurd.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »
Naw, it's fine

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2016, 05:02:45 PM »
Or some ppl just look at their pay stubs every once and awhile and they're like "Holy eff! That's what I could be making if all this crap wasn't taken out of it? Damn! That's a lot of cheddar going to random places and I don't even know what they're using it for"

pay quarterly and see what you think

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2016, 05:02:49 PM »
Taxed when earned if income, when purchased if an asset, yearly as property, then just because dad dies, the govt gets another chunk.   

Really absurd.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2016, 05:07:38 PM »
I'm in favor of enforcing against little old ladies who don't pay their taxes. If you can't afford your property, sell it to someone who can.

Yeah, seems like a pretty simple solution

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2016, 05:10:16 PM »
I looked it up, just for ksuw, last year was not (!) below 10%

:cheers: Now add in your state income tax, social security, medicare, property tax, and sales tax. We'll make a conservative out of you yet.

I pay that stuff too and it doesn't bother me one bit. I enjoy living in a civilized society

Sigh... I guess we're gonna have to dig a little deeper into the personal stuff. I'm guessing no wife and no kids?

I'm not sure why this matters

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2016, 05:14:44 PM »
I think inheritance tax only applies to rich people. And who cares, eff them.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 20, 2016, 05:15:20 PM »
Taxed when earned if income, when purchased if an asset, yearly as property, then just because dad dies, the govt gets another chunk.   

Really absurd.

Only for super wealthy

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 20, 2016, 05:23:15 PM »
It's hilarious when Trump is ranting and brings it up. "So unfair!" As if anyone within earshot other than him should give a eff.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 20, 2016, 05:38:15 PM »
I looked it up, just for ksuw, last year was not (!) below 10%

:cheers: Now add in your state income tax, social security, medicare, property tax, and sales tax. We'll make a conservative out of you yet.

I pay that stuff too and it doesn't bother me one bit. I enjoy living in a civilized society

Sigh... I guess we're gonna have to dig a little deeper into the personal stuff. I'm guessing no wife and no kids?

I'm not sure why this matters

You're aren't a contributing member of society unless you're married, pump out four droolers, and bitch about why all of your problems are other peoples' fault.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 20, 2016, 05:39:26 PM »
Kids make you pay less tax, anyway.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 20, 2016, 05:44:33 PM »
Property tax is double taxation. Taxed once on the purchase, and taxed in perpetuity just for owning it.

The right to private property ownership is also pretty fundamental to this country (I don't expect liberals to really "get" that or respect it, but it is). Taxing someone in perpetuity just to keep something they already purchased is absurdly unfair.

And if your position is that we should have property tax, but we shouldn't really enforce it on little old ladies who get behind on their tax bills, you're just proving the problem with property tax.

Sales tax is the least worst across-the-board tax. We should pay for more things based upon usage, like toll roads and private schools.

What is the "usage" when I purchase groceries from the grocery store?  The only reason it is "double taxation" on property taxes is that you are essentially paying a sales tax.

I don't understand how anyone could defend a moral or philosophical basis for sales tax over property tax.  Property taxes have been assessed for millennia, it was scourge of sales taxes that prompted our revolution.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 20, 2016, 05:46:07 PM »
Young wage earners with no kids send welfare benefits to breeders like KSUW and I, no clue why he is casting aspersions on them.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2016, 05:51:24 PM »

What is the "usage" when I purchase groceries from the grocery store?  The only reason it is "double taxation" on property taxes is that you are essentially paying a sales tax.

I don't understand how anyone could defend a moral or philosophical basis for sales tax over property tax.  Property taxes have been assessed for millennia, it was scourge of sales taxes that prompted our revolution.

Don't waste your time, KK.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 20, 2016, 06:00:40 PM »
Given that we are required to pay a particular amount in taxes, does it really matter how that amount collected?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 20, 2016, 07:10:35 PM »

Well for example, the illegal drug bidness is pretty big and untaxed, if the proceeds were taxed sales-tax style when they are used in our economy they wouldn't be?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2016, 07:30:29 PM »
Alright guys, another OMG this country is so great moment happened tonight.

After work me and a couple of work bros went to a bar and you could get ANY BEER ON TAP FOR 2 DOLLARS. 2 DOLLARS.

I had 3 west coast brews (Lagunitas and 2 deschutes) and my total was SIX DOLLARS.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 20, 2016, 07:54:42 PM »

Well for example, the illegal drug bidness is pretty big and untaxed, if the proceeds were taxed sales-tax style when they are used in our economy they wouldn't be?

Drug tax stamps are sold in Kansas and lots of other states.  I am not against excise taxes for specific areas that have negative externalities (alcohol, gambling, pollution etc.)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 20, 2016, 08:04:27 PM »
No I'm talking about the local crack dealer whose crew makes him $20,000 cash a month and he spends it around town multiplied a gazillion times all over the country paying only sales taxes for the most part.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.