Author Topic: We look like crap  (Read 20238 times)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: We look like crap
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2016, 11:35:04 AM »
Do what you want with this.

2011 had some kind of divine intervention.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2016, 11:35:05 AM »

Comparing Ertz to 2011 Klein isn't fair.  It's insinuating Ertz can jump to 2012 Klein.  He's not doing that because no one is doing that.  We had one of the few QBs that could survive what Klein did those 2 years.

However, if Dimel would just pick Barnes and let Ertz/Barnes develop half the read/option relationship Klein/Hubert had, I think Jesse could make a huge jump. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2016, 11:36:14 AM »

So CK improved and Ertz is getting worse.

Most people wouldn't have taken that as an opportunity to further looking like an idiot, happy to see you didn't disappoint.

I didn't peg you as such a big Ertz fan MIR.

MIR has been team sisco from the beginning. You are really just making yourself look worse here.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »
I'm not saying that Ertz will be Klein, but clearly comparing their stats isn't outlandish. Plus, both Klein and Waters made significant improvements in year two, like almost any other Snyder QB. You don't even have to be a ridiculous optimist like me to see that offensively the future looks pretty good for K-State.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2016, 11:58:11 AM »
I'm not saying that Ertz will be Klein, but clearly comparing their stats isn't outlandish. Plus, both Klein and Waters made significant improvements in year two, like almost any other Snyder QB. You don't even have to be a ridiculous optimist like me to see that offensively the future looks pretty good for K-State.

I'm curious why you left out 3 games for Klein in 2011 but included the whole season for Waters.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2016, 12:04:54 PM »

I'm curious why you left out 3 games for Klein in 2011 but included the whole season for Waters.

Honestly, I didn't notice. The game log from fox doesn't have them.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/collin-klein-player-game-log?season=2011

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2016, 02:37:42 PM »

Comparing Ertz to 2011 Klein isn't fair.  It's insinuating Ertz can jump to 2012 Klein.  He's not doing that because no one is doing that.  We had one of the few QBs that could survive what Klein did those 2 years.

However, if Dimel would just pick Barnes and let Ertz/Barnes develop half the read/option relationship Klein/Hubert had, I think Jesse could make a huge jump.

He won't hold up if he continues to get this high volume of carries, but the hope is that be be allowed to develop as a passer so he won't need to carry it as much as Klein did. Also you mentioned Barnes, I love John Hubert, but the run game from the RBs should be much more productive.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »
i'm not sure that MiR and the coaches share the same hope that ertz be allowed to develop as a passer.  bill's offense is what bill's offense does.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »
Yep.  I've come around on Ertz.  I think his arm really limits our offense, but he runs well enough that he makes up for it. 

He's very patient letting blocks develop (like Klein) and is very very good in the open field.  If he can improve his passing over the offseason he could be a VERY good quarterback at KSU Cats U.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2016, 03:19:41 PM »
Yep.  I've come around on Ertz.  I think his arm really limits our offense, but he runs well enough that he makes up for it. 

He's very patient letting blocks develop (like Klein) and is very very good in the open field.  If he can improve his passing over the offseason he could be a VERY good quarterback at KSU Cats U.

i agree with mr dlew12 here, but i also reserve the right to demand delton gets put in when ertz is sucking.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »
Ertz is running A LOT less than Klein did. Klein ran 24 times a game as a JR. Ertz is at around 13 per game. Also, we use the backs more and Dimelcat around the goal line to prevent QB hits.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2016, 03:35:07 PM »
The Ertz 2016  - Klein 2011 comparo is pretty  :surprised:

I agree with overall with _FAN (and have been thinking it was a possibility anyways) that next year we take a good step forward, regardless if it's Ertz or Thompson (though I do hope Ertz runs less, not that he's bad at it just durability).

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2016, 04:08:36 PM »

He won't hold up if he continues to get this high volume of carries, but the hope is that be be allowed to develop as a passer so he won't need to carry it as much as Klein did. Also you mentioned Barnes, I love John Hubert, but the run game from the RBs should be much more productive.

Barnes broke 2 long runs kicking out around the right side of the line.  Klein/Hubert had very productive read option where Hubert went wide by design.  Hit that a couple times with Barnes and Ertz becomes more effective when keeping and won't just be running into a pile.  All this talk has me remembering how much I loved Hubert in 2012.

Ertz has his limitations passing, but if we're going to run this offense I can't wait until Barnes has to stop sharing time with Jones and he and Ertz become more comfortable with each other.  Some sort of continuity will help Ertz.  I also hope when we get to 2nd and 2, we just decide to run it twice with Barnes and get the 1st down like we did with Klein in 2012.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2016, 04:16:57 PM »
unless the staff can figure out how to reinforce his body with fiberglass rods, ertz will never become the quarterback we all want him to be.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2016, 04:17:41 PM »
Klein, full season stats correction:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2016, 04:39:09 PM »
I loved John Hubert

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2016, 04:44:58 PM »
LHC Bill Snyder kills his players.  literally kills them.  all in the name of a few meaningless wins (his words, not mine).

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2016, 04:47:17 PM »
For goodness sakes.  Ertz is not a good runner. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2016, 04:59:42 PM »
LHC Bill Snyder kills his players.  literally kills them.  all in the name of a few meaningless wins (his words, not mine).

i've been thinking about this problem a lot.  we all love snyder and we all know he kills players.  how then can we ethically let him coach to 250?  friends, the answer is right here under our noses - robots.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »
robots?  i was thinking drones.  but yes, snyder's brand of football is a mental game, no need for the continued and senseless violence that he's subjected to the children of the corn, our kids from kansas. 

it's time that we end his jason vorhees like approach to youth development

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2016, 05:53:34 PM »
I was thinking football was going to go the way of robots; now's our chance to be a first mover so the KSU fightin robocats can be instant blue bloods.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2016, 06:42:19 PM »
i'm not sure that MiR and the coaches share the same hope that ertz be allowed to develop as a passer.  bill's offense is what bill's offense does.

Reading your posts I think you know I was referring to this but I was talking less about Sisco and more about our offense. There is no one alive that can survive it at quarterback; not Collin Klein, not Cam Newton, not even Winston Dimel. We lost to Baylor in '12 because we had half of a quarterback.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2016, 06:53:55 PM »

Reading your posts I think you know I was referring to this but I was talking less about Sisco and more about our offense. There is no one alive that can survive it at quarterback; not Collin Klein, not Cam Newton, not even Winston Dimel. We lost to Baylor in '12 because we had half of a quarterback.

i'm not sure what part of my post was confusing but when was the last season we didn't have a mumped up QB?
bill isn't going to change his offense other than to limit passes he doesn't think his qb can make; see- delton yesterday
he's going to continue to ram his qb into bigger stronger and faster players without giving any fucks about it

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2016, 06:59:19 PM »
You guys act like it's oc fault when Ertz can't throw the ball. What else is he suppose to do but run when literally no one has any confidence in him.
He can't throw because his shoulder is shot.  Who in the eff was the cause of that.  If you have to ask, you are quite the dumbass.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2016, 07:24:19 PM »

So CK improved and Ertz is getting worse.

Congratulations, you win the "idiot of the week" award.

On the totals, other than the rushing TD's and Yards per passing attempts, everything else is almost similar.

And you can't sit here and tell me that he's not going to get better in year 2. It has been well established that starting QB's from year 1 to year 2 has improved across the board.

This will be no different, and expectations should be 9+ wins next year.