Author Topic: LOL TRUMP  (Read 656922 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: LOL TRUMP
« Reply #5000 on: May 24, 2018, 12:16:18 AM »
I am completely fine with building a wall paid 100% with crowdfunding.

i'm not.  its tremendously insulting to our neighbors, not to mention damaging to populations of many larger vertebrates among other things.
can't the vertebrates go through the big beautiful door that i've heard mention of?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: May 24, 2018, 12:35:12 AM »
no.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: May 24, 2018, 12:35:53 AM »
 :lol: the crowdfunding will work
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: May 24, 2018, 08:10:51 AM »
I am completely fine with building a wall paid 100% with crowdfunding. We should build a monument to memorialize all of the patriots who donate to the cause, too.
Only if the Mexicans pay for it, as promised
:adios:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: May 24, 2018, 08:13:24 AM »

i'm not.  its tremendously insulting to our neighbors, not to mention damaging to populations of many larger vertebrates among other things.

It would be sad to see it actually get built, but I think the monument for these people's future generations to visit and find out just how racist their ancestors were would be a neat thing.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: May 24, 2018, 08:47:32 AM »
that's pretty humiliating for trump

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: May 24, 2018, 09:21:35 AM »

Mexicans aren’t a bunch of snowflakes. Their feelings would be fine. As for wildlife, funding a wall is different than building it in accordance with environmental and other regulations.

My biggest objection was always the waste of taxpayer dollars so I support crowdfunded wall.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: May 24, 2018, 10:00:19 AM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: May 24, 2018, 10:02:02 AM »
ROFL
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: May 24, 2018, 01:02:48 PM »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: May 24, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »

Mexicans aren’t a bunch of snowflakes. Their feelings would be fine. As for wildlife, funding a wall is different than building it in accordance with environmental and other regulations.

My biggest objection was always the waste of taxpayer dollars so I support crowdfunded wall.

you are wrong on both counts.  i'm not saying they are "snowflakes".  i'm saying it would foster anti-americanism, which would have long-term negative consequences for both nations.  as far as wildlife goes, i don't believe there is a way to build a barrier that is non-permeable to humans but permeable to large mammals.  being able to cross the border is important to maintaining viable populations of several rare and declining species currently (e.g. mexican black bear, sonoran pronghorn) and would prevent or make much less likely the possible recovery of others (e.g. mexican wolves, jaguars) in parts of their range.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: May 24, 2018, 02:00:05 PM »

you are wrong on both counts.  i'm not saying they are "snowflakes".  i'm saying it would foster anti-americanism, which would have long-term negative consequences for both nations.  as far as wildlife goes, i don't believe there is a way to build a barrier that is non-permeable to humans but permeable to large mammals.  being able to cross the border is important to maintaining viable populations of several rare and declining species currently (e.g. mexican black bear, sonoran pronghorn) and would prevent or make much less likely the possible recovery of others (e.g. mexican wolves, jaguars) in parts of their range.

I don't claim to know how your typical Mexican leader or citizen thinks, but my guess is any trade talks or dismantling of NAFTA is much more critical to any anti-american sentiment compared to constructing a wall.  I don't expect my neighbors to take it personally if I build a privacy fence (or even a moat) on my property.

On the second, I don't claim to know what damage would or would not be caused by added development, but I suspect you could mitigate at least some of it with parts that are permeable (to both animals and man) that are patrolled by guards / monitored by cameras.  Again, I think it is a complete waste of money.  I just don't think the down sides are really that problematic if it gets built without taxpayer dollars.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: May 24, 2018, 02:42:30 PM »
a wall that is not a wall, but actually cameras would mitigate both wildlife impacts and most estrangement with mexico issues.  if crowdfunding that is being proposed anywhere i don't have a problem with it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: May 24, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »
I have never really gotten the concept that the wall will make Mexico anti-American.  Like "how dare you try to prevent us from crossing into your country illegally!  boo America!"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: May 24, 2018, 02:53:50 PM »
I have never really gotten the concept that the wall will make Mexico anti-American.  Like "how dare you try to prevent us from crossing into your country illegally!  boo America!"

it's a slap in the face.  you have to keep in mind that over the last 30 years mexico has slowly but rather dramatically shifted from emphasizing political, cultural and economic ties to other latin american countries with which they share a language, culture and colonial history to an embrace of their north american neighbor with which they share none of those.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: May 24, 2018, 02:59:35 PM »
I feel like if I know that the real reason people want a wall is that they are racist as eff, then the Mexicans probably know that, too.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: May 24, 2018, 03:09:18 PM »
I feel like if I know that the real reason people want a wall is that they are racist as eff, then the Mexicans probably know that, too.

i would just say that both mexicans and americans correctly perceive the construction of a wall as a symbolic act.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: May 24, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »

I don't think it would take a wall for Mexicans to pick up on that.  They have TVs and internet too.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: May 24, 2018, 03:32:26 PM »

I don't think it would take a wall for Mexicans to pick up on that.  They have TVs and internet too.

the difference is about the same as a judge mentioning a few times in conversation to his kids that he thinks same-race unions are more likely to be successful and a judge setting up an irrevocable trust to disinherit them if them marry someone of a different race.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: May 24, 2018, 04:58:11 PM »
I think it's really more like the difference between blaming your hispanic neighbors a few times when stuff goes missing from your yard and building a privacy fence around your house.  Sure, it's kind of a monument to your racism, but it also has practical applications.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: May 24, 2018, 09:20:17 PM »
I think it's really more like the difference between blaming your hispanic neighbors a few times when stuff goes missing from your yard and building a privacy fence around your house.  Sure, it's kind of a monument to your racism, but it also has practical applications.

The wall has no practical applications and people don’t build privacy fences as an anti-theft mechanism.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: May 24, 2018, 10:57:56 PM »

The wall has no practical applications and people don’t build privacy fences as an anti-theft mechanism.

https://www.safewise.com/blog/burglar-proof-backyard/

Check out #3.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: May 25, 2018, 08:11:05 AM »

https://www.safewise.com/blog/burglar-proof-backyard/

Check out #3.

I could hop the fence in that picture, and I'm not even in that great of shape.