Author Topic: Will this election process take down FOX news? OANN, Newsmax, etc. Thread  (Read 97369 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Will this election process take down FOX news? OANN, Newsmax, etc. Thread
« Reply #1475 on: April 24, 2023, 11:53:42 AM »
What if Fox News hires Don Lemmon and CNN hosts the White Power Hour!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 24, 2023, 12:45:32 PM »
Now I know why MIR is so upset at CNN  :lol:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 24, 2023, 03:12:59 PM »
He might be running for president?

He would win.

I don't think he would do well at all.

he would do well at providing me LOL's at him and that is pretty damn valuable when you think about it

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 24, 2023, 03:14:18 PM »
He might be running for president?

He would win.

I don't think he would do well at all.

he would do well at providing me LOL's at him and that is pretty damn valuable when you think about it

There was a poll, Rassmussen I think, something like 6-9 months ago where they polled a list of highly thought of people in the GOP to run for president.  Tucker came in second to Don.   :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 24, 2023, 03:25:57 PM »
Well, he did cost them almost $1 billion.

They can write off the settlement and reduce their taxes. They also will likely get a fair bit of the settlement amount covered by insurance.

Seems like a halfway decent chance the insurance company would drop coverage if they don't part with Tucker, no? Not unlike insurance telling a homeowner they can't have dogs anymore after someone gets mauled.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 24, 2023, 03:36:07 PM »

They can write off the settlement and reduce their taxes. They also will likely get a fair bit of the settlement amount covered by insurance.

Seems like a halfway decent chance the insurance company would drop coverage if they don't part with Tucker, no? Not unlike insurance telling a homeowner they can't have dogs anymore after someone gets mauled.

More like their brokers tell them no one will write you coverage while you have that creepy weirdo on air.  The companies that wrote this coverage likely won't touch them again

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 24, 2023, 04:24:57 PM »
Now I know why MIR is so upset at CNN  :lol:

You don't.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: April 24, 2023, 04:26:03 PM »

CNN hiring Tucker back is very much in play, their current evening lineup is undefined.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: April 24, 2023, 04:28:22 PM »

CNN hiring Tucker back is very much in play, their current evening lineup is undefined.

he can't go back there and keep doing what he did on fox

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 24, 2023, 04:29:31 PM »
I would assume any insurance related issues Fox has would follow Tucker wherever he goes. 

That said, I have heard that CNN's new boss's plan is to move right a bit.  Might be able to price all that in if he hires Tucker.  I don't think it would work though.

Who was that lady that Fox fired a few years ago.  She did her best to take a bite out of Trump in a debate.  The one who insisted on air that Santa is white.  She got a job at like CBS or something after fox and bombed hugely.  Once you go that far right, you can't convincingly soften. 

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: April 24, 2023, 04:40:31 PM »
Tucker shows up on CNN tonight saying on second thought he would absolutely blow out the green M&M while watching the NFL and drinking a Bud Light and it makes him rock hard and all of maga screams at once

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 24, 2023, 04:44:03 PM »
I feel like the natural next step, after someone gets fired from Fox for being too controversial, would be the WWE or something.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 24, 2023, 04:53:47 PM »
I would assume any insurance related issues Fox has would follow Tucker wherever he goes. 

That said, I have heard that CNN's new boss's plan is to move right a bit.  Might be able to price all that in if he hires Tucker.  I don't think it would work though.

Who was that lady that Fox fired a few years ago.  She did her best to take a bite out of Trump in a debate.  The one who insisted on air that Santa is white.  She got a job at like CBS or something after fox and bombed hugely.  Once you go that far right, you can't convincingly soften.

Fox didn't fire Megyn Kelly. NBC gave her a huge deal and she left them. Then her daytime talk show failed miserably and I think she's been unemployed since.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 24, 2023, 05:00:12 PM »
Tucker shows up on CNN tonight saying on second thought he would absolutely blow out the green M&M while watching the NFL and drinking a Bud Light and it makes him rock hard and all of maga screams at once

lol

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 24, 2023, 05:05:57 PM »

Fox didn't fire Megyn Kelly. NBC gave her a huge deal and she left them. Then her daytime talk show failed miserably and I think she's been unemployed since.

I didn't know that.  I don't know if that makes her more or less employable outside of batshit crazy righ world. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 24, 2023, 05:09:03 PM »

I didn't know that.  I don't know if that makes her more or less employable outside of batshit crazy righ world.

I don't think she's employable at all right now. She could be successful at Fox after the republican party moves on from Trump, assuming that ever happens.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 24, 2023, 05:25:39 PM »

I don't think she's employable at all right now. She could be successful at Fox after the republican party moves on from Trump, assuming that ever happens.

Oh crap!  she has her own podcast on Sirius XM now. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 24, 2023, 05:35:14 PM »

he can't go back there and keep doing what he did on fox

Nope, he can't but he was pretty far right when he was on there before. He's going to be more mainstream right and less bullshit about M&Ms. CNN is definitely moving right and he's be a crown jewel. This is no different that Chris Cuomo on News Nation.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 24, 2023, 11:03:40 PM »

Very possible

I think it can be the principle (if they have them, which is money) of the thing, even if it's covered you eff with the network and it's prestige, you get the metaphorical horns

"Prestige" lol. FWIW, one of the popular conservative tabloids is reporting that a "source" has told it the decision was made because of Tucker's internal comments (revealed through litigation) badmouthing Fox management. Sounds plausible enough, but could just be speculation.

Fox would see it as prestige, the world sees it as sold souls
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 24, 2023, 11:04:30 PM »

Like I said crossfire reboot LFG
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 25, 2023, 10:08:28 AM »
It never occurred to me before, but Fox News is part cable tv tabloid these days. Which makes perfect sense since tabloids also appeal to the world's biggest dummies.

https://twitter.com/hemantmehta/status/1650651212000157698

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 25, 2023, 10:12:27 AM »
Strange, as far back as the mid-70's entities like the NYT's were writing articles about cattle mutilations.

I suppose the tabloid label may indeed stick on this one.  The Feds did a 130 plus page report on them.  Tabloid fodder?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: April 25, 2023, 11:03:18 AM »
Strange, as far back as the mid-70's entities like the NYT's were writing articles about cattle mutilations.

I suppose the tabloid label may indeed stick on this one.  The Feds did a 130 plus page report on them.  Tabloid fodder?

I'll be honest. I did tune into Fox last night during what would have been Tucker's spot to see if they would even mention the firing, and this is the exact story they were discussing. It's ok for infotainment channels to include filler stories about 6 dead cows in Texas, but the ironic/funny part is that it happened on that day and that time.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 28, 2023, 09:24:57 AM »
So many people out there who settle for nothing less than the utterly deranged.

https://twitter.com/BGrueskin/status/1651922249241227266

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 28, 2023, 09:43:09 AM »
So many people out there who settle for nothing less than the utterly deranged.

https://twitter.com/BGrueskin/status/1651922249241227266
outrage at the newest boogeyman of the white heterosexual has an unfortunately large viewing audience