Author Topic: PS Vue/Sling TV  (Read 54007 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: PS Vue/Sling TV
« Reply #200 on: March 06, 2017, 11:55:10 AM »
Still pretty happy with my fire tv - sling tv combo. And netflix and antenna. I really dont miss cable at all. If only if i can get google fiber.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2017, 12:24:33 PM »
Sling TV / Fire is kinda glitchy.  Like some programs are displayed but when you click watch they are all of a sudden unavailable.  But then if you navigate to the channel via guide it works.  Also the what's on now isn't comprehensive at all.  Sometimes locks/freezes up, but rare.  I'm meh on it.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2017, 01:12:46 PM »
i took the guy outside to the parking lot and gave him the ass beating of his young life
haha
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2017, 01:25:23 PM »
I tried SlingTV during its free weekend. It's beyond shitty. Picture quality was awful.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »
I tried SlingTV during its free weekend. It's beyond shitty. Picture quality was awful.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2017, 01:36:06 PM »

Vue and DirecTV Now look great  :dunno:

Also, the Sling UI is gross.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:40:49 PM by ew2x4 »

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #206 on: March 06, 2017, 01:36:40 PM »
After several months of cord cutting I reinstated the cord.  A metered Cox internet connection was going to cost me a small fortune and the little hF's spend way too much time streaming stuff.  So I canceled Cox and went with uVerse and a miniscule internet pipe at a fraction of the cost of Cox.  I kind of get entertainment listening to the kids complain about their dumb youtube shows buffering.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2017, 08:33:09 PM »
i took the guy outside to the parking lot and gave him the ass beating of his young life

every now and then a post sneaks up on you and kills you. This is one of those.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2017, 08:34:03 PM »
My Cable just went up another 7 bucks. PS Vue is starting to look really good.  :angry:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2017, 07:10:18 AM »
My Cable just went up another 7 bucks. PS Vue is starting to look really good.  :angry:

I think its fantastic paired with Apple TV. We have Cox Internet Preferred and typically get over 25 Mbps download speed, so streaming is never an issue.

I am a bit concerned about the Cox data cap of 1 TB, but less so after tracking our usage for a week. So far with something on PS Vue on much of the evening, we are at about 30 GB per day, which will keep us under the cap. I'm sure we're probably watching slightly more now though and that will go down a bit. My kids' habit of playing games online combined with watching youtube or netflix videos while they play is probably a bigger issue for the cap than anyone watching PS Vue.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2017, 07:41:47 AM »
Gonna get Sling again for March Madness. Only question is whether I should pay for two months and get a free Roku stick.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2017, 07:53:55 AM »

I think its fantastic paired with Apple TV. We have Cox Internet Preferred and typically get over 25 Mbps download speed, so streaming is never an issue.

I am a bit concerned about the Cox data cap of 1 TB, but less so after tracking our usage for a week. So far with something on PS Vue on much of the evening, we are at about 30 GB per day, which will keep us under the cap. I'm sure we're probably watching slightly more now though and that will go down a bit. My kids' habit of playing games online combined with watching youtube or netflix videos while they play is probably a bigger issue for the cap than anyone watching PS Vue.

Had a friend recommend the apple tv over the other streaming devices. I'll have to check if my ISP has a data cap.
- chunkles

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2017, 07:56:21 AM »
Gonna get Sling again for March Madness. Only question is whether I should pay for two months and get a free Roku stick.

You will have more channel options with PS Vue.   :th_twocents:  Looks like all the March Madness channels are covered under their smallest package ($30/mo) (CBS, TBS, TNT, and True TV)
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2017, 07:58:24 AM »
vue gets you the actual logins to the individual networks as well, which is far superior for sports

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2017, 08:11:00 AM »

You will have more channel options with PS Vue.   :th_twocents:  Looks like all the March Madness channels are covered under their smallest package ($30/mo) (CBS, TBS, TNT, and True TV)

True, but $5 more per month gets you the ESPNs and Fox Sports channels.

vue gets you the actual logins to the individual networks as well, which is far superior for sports

And yes, this is fantastic.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2017, 08:14:31 AM »
Had a friend recommend the apple tv over the other streaming devices. I'll have to check if my ISP has a data cap.

I'll admit I've got Apple bias, but its a great device. I think the processor is as good or better than any other which helps. Plus, if you are used to Apple stuff the interface is the same. Worth another $20-30 over the other streaming devices. And everything I've read/heard about the sticks wasn't great, so well worth paying more for a streaming device of any type over a the USB sticks.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2017, 07:17:55 PM »
Can now confirm that adding the Fox Sports Go app on the Apple TV and signing on with PS Vue allows for flawless Royals watching.  :excited:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2017, 02:21:19 PM »
May do 3 months of Directv now to get the free Apple TV. Then switch to PS Vue depending on how it goes.

I wish there wasn't an IP restriction on the logins for PS Vue. Would really save $ for me and ms. WW over the next 15 months.
- chunkles

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2017, 02:43:39 PM »
May do 3 months of Directv now to get the free Apple TV. Then switch to PS Vue depending on how it goes.

I wish there wasn't an IP restriction on the logins for PS Vue. Would really save $ for me and ms. WW over the next 15 months.
This doesn't quite make sense.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »
i just registered my vue login in mhk (topeka I guess iirc) and she just uses the app or whatever and i use the network logins

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2017, 02:45:49 PM »
there's no restriction on the network logins, just the vue app login itself

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2017, 07:52:29 PM »
there's no restriction on the network logins, just the vue app login itself

makes sense. thanks
- chunkles

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2017, 11:05:46 PM »
really pissed PS dumped Viacom networks.  Vue actually has a local channel for me which would be nice, but I watch too much Comedy Central.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2017, 08:16:19 AM »

ms ww doesn't watch tv during the week, only when i see her on weekends. Would be best if we could just share the service.
- chunkles

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2017, 10:59:53 AM »

ms ww doesn't watch tv during the week, only when i see her on weekends. Would be best if we could just share the service.
Is the issue that you're using two different playstations? 

I've only used Sling and I've used all kinds of IPs.  Just trying to see the differences.