Author Topic: Advance Voting  (Read 7339 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Advance Voting
« on: September 14, 2016, 02:41:01 PM »
I would like to use Advance Voting, but I might need to wait to make sure Kansas is a lock before casting my vote (i.e. if I vote for GJ).

Can I go ahead and apply for an advance ballot and then decide later whether to use it or just go vote in person?

Can I just turn in my advance ballot at my polling place?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Advance Voting
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 04:04:33 PM »
You could save the trouble and vote for a candidate you actually support?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 04:06:08 PM »
You could save the trouble and vote for a candidate you actually support?

Haven't found one yet.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 04:16:10 PM »
I mean, if you literally cannot support any candidate on the ballot, I would say not to vote. Now if you just feel stuck because you wanted to vote by party lines and your party's choice isn't palatable, I would say do your research and vote for the person would most like to be president.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 04:45:32 PM »
I think it's safe to say that Kansas is a lock.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 06:03:19 PM »
Why would Kansas not being a lock impact your decision?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 06:12:19 PM »
because hillary is better than trump, but if ks is trump anyway then might as well vote for someone not deplorable
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 07:35:33 PM »
because hillary is better than trump, but if ks is trump anyway then might as well vote for someone not deplorable

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 09:43:27 PM »
Vote for someone you don't hate only if your vote doesn't matter.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 09:44:22 PM »
I mean, if you literally cannot support any candidate on the ballot, I would say not to vote. Now if you just feel stuck because you wanted to vote by party lines and your party's choice isn't palatable, I would say do your research and vote for the person would most like to be president.

Why are you lecturing another educated adult about how they should vote? She definitely didn't ask and you sound like you're talking to a child.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 09:46:12 PM »
Vote for someone you don't hate only if your vote doesn't matter.

Or vote how and for whom you want to, after all that's the point of voting in a democratic society.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 10:35:53 PM »
If you got to one of those tents in the poorest part of town they'll register you to vote and fill out an absentee ballot for you.  In exchange for your proxy you get your choice of a flip phone or pack of cigarettes.  The only shortfall is that you have to vote straight D.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 10:57:09 PM »
is the phone connected to service?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 03:40:43 AM »
Vote.  I am voting more against Hillary than for Trump.  Why?  Because I believe Trump will not use executive orders to circumvent and destroy the system of checks and balances in the constitution.  If this is so, it is then important to vote in good people to Congress who care more about being statesmen than political stars.  Also I think Trump supports leaving many decisions at the state level and in the private sector.  If so, the election of state and local officials is important.  When we don't vote we are like the people who refuse to not vaccinate their kids.  Voting protects our liberty.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 09:20:49 AM »

Why are you lecturing another educated adult about how they should vote? She definitely didn't ask and you sound like you're talking to a child.

Because it's a line of thought that most people just accept without thinking for themselves.

And people not asking for my opinion has never stopped me (or anyone) from sharing it in the Pit, especially when it comes to how people should vote.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 09:30:44 AM »
Vote for GJ if that's your favorite candidate.  If your vote for Hillary somehow helped her win Kansas, the numbers will be so close that our AG will find a way to give it to Trump anyways.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 10:18:36 AM »

Because it's a line of thought that most people just accept without thinking for themselves.

And people not asking for my opinion has never stopped me (or anyone) from sharing it in the Pit, especially when it comes to how people should vote.

She did think for herself and that's the rationale she decided to go with. Tell me who you're voting for and why you're doing so and I can tell you why that's stupid, its incredibly distasteful to do so though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 10:20:00 AM »

voting against the worst person is an effective and easy strategy

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 10:24:28 AM »

She did think for herself and that's the rationale she decided to go with. Tell me who you're voting for and why you're doing so and I can tell you why that's stupid, its incredibly distasteful to do so though.

Was trying to use this inquiry to make a broader point, but if you want to turn it into a roast here goes:

I'm voting for Gary Johnson because I love private prisons.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »

It's not really a vote in that case, but now I'm wondering if any government uses down votes. Like, you can either use your vote to support someone or just to cancel out someone else's vote. Would be pretty interesting, though most likely depressing to see how few people actually believe in the candidate that wins.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 10:41:10 AM »

Was trying to use this inquiry to make a broader point, but if you want to turn it into a roast here goes:

I don't want to turn it into a roast, dummy. The point is you shouldn't be behaving like you have all the right answers in this election and talking to adults like you're speaking to a 4th grader based on your own predilections

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 10:42:42 AM »

It's not really a vote in that case
:rolleyes:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 10:47:17 AM »
Seems like Trump is the lesser of two evils on every issue of importance to me. Your issues may vary.

Foreign policy: could Trump really be worse than the lady who basically made everything she touched worse as SOS?

Rule of law: the very fact that Hillary hasn't been indicted is a massive dick slap to the rule of law. Can't reward that. Oh, and she'll appoint justices who don't give two shits or even one crap about what laws say.

Immigration: sounds like Trump actually wants to enforce our laws - maybe he's full of crap but he certainly can't be worse than Hillary.

Energy: Trump way better on this score

Jobs: see immigration and energy above

Taxes: eff if I know, but Trump can't be worse

Crony capitalism: just look who Wall Street is supporting. Nuff said.

Debt: I don't see how trump could be worse.

Abortion: Trump will appoint better justices than Clinton. Probably. Certainly not worse.

American Exceptionalism: trump actually believes it, for all his faults. I like my president's patriotic. But I'm old fashioned that way.

But again, no matter your politics, rule of law should be a very important issue to you. Libs don't seem to care about this one because shredding laws currently furthers their goals. That won't always be the case. Everyone should care deeply about this one. Hillary is so rough ridin' corrupt I'm surprised she can get out of bed on the morning (oh wait...)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2016, 10:51:56 AM »
I like Trump more on energy and taxes. He's worse on all of those other things you mentioned, especially debt. Everything he has proposed so far costs billions of dollars, and his tax plan would cost a ton of revenue.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2016, 10:55:18 AM »

I don't want to turn it into a roast, dummy. The point is you shouldn't be behaving like you have all the right answers in this election and talking to adults like you're speaking to a 4th grader based on your own predilections

I'm not talking about this election or any particular candidate. I'm saying literally all people who vote in any presidential election should vote for the candidate they think would make the best POTUS. It's a philosophical point, not a political one.

I know the reality is most people just vote for the candidate most likely to win who they fear less, but that is exactly why our election cycles are always so depressing with almost exclusively negative ads. And we get this mentality where each major party's primary directive is to stop the other from accomplishing anything.

Ok, done hijacking this thread now.