Author Topic: Advance Voting  (Read 7356 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Advance Voting
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »
I like Trump more on energy and taxes. He's worse on all of those other things you mentioned, especially debt. Everything he has proposed so far costs billions of dollars, and his tax plan would cost a ton of revenue.

Obama's tax plan has raked in record collections and we're still hemorrhaging red ink. It's the spending, stupid. And while I don't think Trump is a deficit hawk, I don't think you can seriously argue he'd be worse than Hillary. Some of these I expect people to disagree with based on politicos. Whatever. But to suggest that Trump would be worse when it comes to rule of law - wtf are you talking about? Or maybe you're anti-rule of law.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 11:05:39 AM »
I like Trump more on energy and taxes. He's worse on all of those other things you mentioned, especially debt. Everything he has proposed so far costs billions of dollars, and his tax plan would cost a ton of revenue.

Obama's tax plan has raked in record collections and we're still hemorrhaging red ink. It's the spending, stupid. And while I don't think Trump is a deficit hawk, I don't think you can seriously argue he'd be worse than Hillary. Some of these I expect people to disagree with based on politicos. Whatever. But to suggest that Trump would be worse when it comes to rule of law - wtf are you talking about? Or maybe you're anti-rule of law.

I'm certainly against enforcing our immigration laws the way Trump wants to. That would cost billions of dollars and cripple the economy. Every time Clinton mentions something she wants to spend money on, Trump's response has been that we need to spend at least twice that, so your head is in the sand if you think he's going to spend less.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 11:06:46 AM »
Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 11:08:59 AM »
Don't worry, Trump will find all that money in wasteful spending.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 11:16:06 AM »
The Trump tax plan would create a 0% bracket that extends all the way up to $50,000 for a married couple with no children. The current US tax brackets don't even include a 0% bracket and after deductions and credits, 47% of the country owes no income tax. Under Trump's plan, what percentage do you suppose that would be? 60%? 70%?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2016, 02:09:19 PM »
I have no idea what trump's plan is for any of this crap other than making my head spin by how good he is at it

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2016, 02:13:04 PM »
So is anyone actually going to answer my questions?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2016, 02:19:38 PM »
http://www.kssos.org/elections/elections_registration_voting.html

ADVANCE VOTING
Voting in Kansas is easier than ever. With advance voting, any registered voter can vote by mail or in person before election day.

Advance voting application (Español)
Contact your county election officer to request an application for an advance voting ballot.
Complete the application and return it to your county election officer.
You can have your ballot mailed to you starting 20 days before the election.
You may vote in person in the county election office starting the Tuesday before election day, or up to 20 days before the election, depending on the county.
All ballots must be received in the county election office by the close of polls on election day.
Sick, disabled or Non-English Proficient voters may receive assistance in applying for and casting advance voting ballots.

If you have questions, call toll-free 1-800-262-VOTE (8683).

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 02:36:20 PM »
it is really incredible how Donald Trump is being touted as the candidate "not in favor of crony capitalism" and "not corrupt."

what a great election.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 02:59:19 PM »
http://www.kssos.org/elections/elections_registration_voting.html

ADVANCE VOTING
Voting in Kansas is easier than ever. With advance voting, any registered voter can vote by mail or in person before election day.

Advance voting application (Español)
Contact your county election officer to request an application for an advance voting ballot.
Complete the application and return it to your county election officer.
You can have your ballot mailed to you starting 20 days before the election.
You may vote in person in the county election office starting the Tuesday before election day, or up to 20 days before the election, depending on the county.
All ballots must be received in the county election office by the close of polls on election day.
Sick, disabled or Non-English Proficient voters may receive assistance in applying for and casting advance voting ballots.

If you have questions, call toll-free 1-800-262-VOTE (8683).

Yeah, I read that page already but I never found anywhere that it told me if I apply for the advance ballot whether that then makes it my only option....i.e. Can I apply for it but then not use it and decide to just go vote at my polling place?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 03:12:45 PM »
Based on that, I would think you can just drop off the ballot at the county election office on Election Day if you wanted. Might depend on the county though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2016, 03:28:09 PM »
Being in government comes before crony capitalism.   So, we don't know about Trump.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2016, 03:29:51 PM »
Nominating your bud to the Supreme Court isn't crony at all

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2016, 07:25:12 PM »
it is really incredible how Donald Trump is being touted as the candidate "not in favor of crony capitalism" and "not corrupt."

what a great election.

I don't think I said that. I just said that Hill is almost assuredly worse, and you need only look at who Wall Street is overwhelmingly supporting. These are not great choices. You make the best choice with what Mericans gave us.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2016, 07:33:23 PM »
wall street hates instability and unpredictability.  the don is about as unstable and unpredictable as they come.  ksuw thinks those are assets tho

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2016, 07:34:14 PM »

what a great election.

I don't think I said that. I just said that Hill is almost assuredly worse, and you need only look at who Wall Street is overwhelmingly supporting. These are not great choices. You make the best choice with what Mericans gave us.

I mean Donald Trump used his foundation to illegally make a campaign contribution to a Florida attorney general that was going to investigate Trump University and then the attorney general didn't.

I am all for the many allegations that Hillary is not transparent, that she has questionable connections to a lot of people, that she has shown terrible judgement on a number of policy and procedural judgements, but Trump openly brags about crony capitalism and ripping off suckers.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2016, 07:55:03 PM »
Actually I think this is much simpler than any of that.  Just listen to Donald Trump's "plan" for literally any "proposal." 

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/776577571869851648

In June, Trump rebuffed Fox News host Greta Van Susteren’s attempts to extract the details of his "foolproof" plan, explaining, “If I run, and If I win, I don’t want the enemy to know what I’m doing. Unfortunately, I’ll probably have to tell at some point, but there is a method of defeating them quickly and effectively and having total victory.”
At an April rally in Connecticut, Trump said of his strategy for defeating ISIL, "I have a great plan. It's going to be great. They ask, 'What is it?' Well, I'd rather not say. I'd rather be unpredictable."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-isil-isis-227807#ixzz4KNMPNf3W

Lost amid the hoopla of whether Donald Trump and Mexican President Enrique Pena discussed whether Mexico would pay for the wall that Trump wants to build is the simple fact that the GOP presidential candidate’s proposal isn’t a real plan. Trump’s plan is based on a failed understanding of how the banking system works and could never work, as he’s proposed it. Worse yet, if he tried as president to implement the plan, it would have major ramifications beyond just Mexico.

Trump’s initial proposal as to how Mexico will be forced to ‘pay for the wall’ was unwise, unworkable, and displayed an astonishing lack of understanding of how global finance actually works, as I have written in detail before. His proposal, which relies on vague legal authority to force banks to cut off their customers’ access to move their own money around the world, assumes that American banks have the ability to cut off payments from any non-citizen or lawful visitor: they don’t. His plan, if implemented, would essentially shut off the ability for most Americans to send funds to anyone in the world because Trump’s proposal requires them to prove citizenship or legal status to their bank.
http://fortune.com/2016/09/01/donald-trump-mexico-wall-2/

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2016, 07:55:37 PM »
I say all of this as someone who is voting for Gary Johnson.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »
What happens if you move between when you send in your advance ballot application and the election?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2016, 12:55:48 PM »
Are you moving within a month?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2016, 01:01:11 PM »
Are you moving within a month?

Probably not but I like to be prepared for all possible outcomes.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2016, 02:40:08 PM »
What happens if you move between when you send in your advance ballot application and the election?
Vote twice!
:adios:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2016, 03:47:03 PM »
Vote twice!

@mikec2w

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2018, 09:59:53 AM »
ranked choice voting and send everyone a ballot with a mailing address...those w/o an address can come in and vote for a week....

why aren't we funding this?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2018, 10:05:28 AM »
Because republicans want to restrict voting as much as they can legally get away with (and illegally as well)