Author Topic: John Currie - Next Tennessee AD?  (Read 35037 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: John Currie - Next Tennessee AD?
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2016, 08:33:37 AM »
So our current interim president is just going to hire whatever AD that Bill recommends, right?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2016, 08:53:53 AM »
i can't figure out what's going on with duke, they've been pretty good the past three seasons, winning 10, 9, 8, games but this season has been a disaster
did Cutcliff lose some key assistants? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2016, 08:57:32 AM »
So our current interim president is just going to hire whatever AD that Bill recommends, right?

he's like a 70 star army man general. he makes his own decisions pete. and his decision should obviously be to hire hocutt immediately whether we can trick someone into hiring currie or not.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2016, 09:12:38 AM »

he's like a 70 star army man general. he makes his own decisions pete. and his decision should obviously be to hire hocutt immediately whether we can trick someone into hiring currie or not.
you sum bitch. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2016, 11:37:12 AM »
Getting your hopes up for something you know will never happen really hurts, guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2016, 12:40:43 PM »
if the first paragraph of this article doesn't give you a power boner then nothing will

http://www.campusrush.com/clemson-tigers-defense-brent-venables-1530744587.html

oh my heavens sakes, is there anything higher than midnight?

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »
Construction had begun prior to the 2012-2013 season, and therefore, planning & design & engineering as well as fundraising must have begun prior to the 2011-2012 season. And that was 5 years ago! I don't know why so many fans always want to discredit Currie's accomplishments? The amount of donations that KSU has received with an average record of 8-5 over the past 3 years since we won the Big 12 is quite good, IMO.

And I don't remember the Martin departure being messy. Martin was looking to leave for the 2nd straight year, and he finally found a taker. Then Weber won the Big 12 with the same team that Martin had finished 5th with the year before (minus Jamar Samuels too). I think KSU got the better end of that deal!

Is it an actual rule that the Big 12 enforces schools to schedule a P5 con-con opponent each season, or is it just suggested? If it is a rule, then I stand corrected, credit should not be given to Currie for that. But I will say that having a concert (since there was a road non-con game) was really smart! I read where it had 15,000-18,000 as the attendance...which is what you'd have in the Sprint Center in KC for a concert, or a football game in lawrence. And it was a great concert by the spectacular Zac Brown Band, some of the best performers that are out right now!

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »
Oregon State's AD was just hired by Georgia Tech

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2016, 04:18:12 PM »
The Pacific NW is very nice John. :thumbs:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2016, 04:46:06 PM »

Holy crap, Currie is definitely going to Oregon State.  Animal will pull the trigger.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2016, 05:17:50 PM »
i can't figure out what's going on with duke, they've been pretty good the past three seasons, winning 10, 9, 8, games but this season has been a disaster

QB play. I believe the QB is a freshman.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2016, 05:19:49 PM »

Cutcliffe is a damn good coach that just can't handle a high profile gig.  Put him somewhere with low expectations, and you'll get what he's doing at Duke.

Their stadium renovations look really nice.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2016, 05:24:24 PM »

Cutcliffe is a damn good coach that just can't handle a high profile gig.  Put him somewhere with low expectations, and you'll get what he's doing at Duke.

Cutcliffe is a great coach, I'm not disagreeing with that. The QB is a freshman, so expect growing pains for Duke, offensively. He performed well against NC Central, but then played against Wake Forest and Northwestern. That QB will (in theory) get better eventually once he gets more experience.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2016, 05:42:57 PM »
Me including Duke wasn't really about the current state of the program, but more so the amount of work it takes for them to even be decent.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2016, 05:57:13 PM »

Holy crap, Currie is definitely going to Oregon State.  Animal will pull the trigger.

I really wish I understood this joke.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2016, 06:27:43 PM »

they lost their OC to ECU (Montgomery), Coach Cut will be OK

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2016, 06:43:43 PM »
Construction had begun prior to the 2012-2013 season, and therefore, planning & design & engineering as well as fundraising must have begun prior to the 2011-2012 season. And that was 5 years ago! I don't know why so many fans always want to discredit Currie's accomplishments? The amount of donations that KSU has received with an average record of 8-5 over the past 3 years since we won the Big 12 is quite good, IMO.

And I don't remember the Martin departure being messy. Martin was looking to leave for the 2nd straight year, and he finally found a taker. Then Weber won the Big 12 with the same team that Martin had finished 5th with the year before (minus Jamar Samuels too). I think KSU got the better end of that deal!

Is it an actual rule that the Big 12 enforces schools to schedule a P5 con-con opponent each season, or is it just suggested? If it is a rule, then I stand corrected, credit should not be given to Currie for that. But I will say that having a concert (since there was a road non-con game) was really smart! I read where it had 15,000-18,000 as the attendance...which is what you'd have in the Sprint Center in KC for a concert, or a football game in lawrence. And it was a great concert by the spectacular Zac Brown Band, some of the best performers that are out right now!
Spectacular and Zac Brown Band do not belong together

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2016, 01:33:08 PM »
The leader for the Mississippi St job is their retired baseball coach.  Their pres is going to do a proper coaching search for the sake of doing one.  He's going to interview 6 candidates, but the baseball coach has the backing of big boosters and is almost a lock.   :'bye cruel world:
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2016, 02:12:32 PM »
He's growing on me, he was so pissed when we kicked that field goal at the beginning of the second quarter last night.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2016, 03:15:29 PM »
He's growing on me, he was so pissed when we kicked that field goal at the beginning of the second quarter last night.

??

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2016, 03:33:13 PM »

??

He had a little mini tantrum when we settled for the field goal in the second quarter. He tried so hard to control himself but he showed outward negative emotion. Kynard then came over and gave him a huge hug that seemed to pep him up. Kynard's shoes were fire btw. Another sidenote but I saw the different black people give Currie full embrace, no side hug, last night.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2016, 03:39:36 PM »

??

He had a little mini tantrum when we settled for the field goal in the second quarter. He tried so hard to control himself but he showed outward negative emotion. Kynard then came over and gave him a huge hug that seemed to pep him up. Kynard's shoes were fire btw. Another sidenote but I saw the different black people give Currie full embrace, no side hug, last night.

you sit with him regularly or what?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2016, 05:21:19 PM »

??

So, gut feel...do you think he would fire Snyder if he could?

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2016, 10:19:50 PM »

??

you sit with him regularly or what?

Nah, he just hangs out near my section quite a bit. He did say hello on the concourse before the Missouri State game. I also ran into him at both home soccer matches I attended and at the volleyball match yesterday.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2016, 10:21:39 PM »

??

So, gut feel...do you think he would fire Snyder if he could?

No rough ridin' way. This program is an athletic director's dream; they are a cash machine, never in trouble, and wins just enough to keep most people happy.