Author Topic: Will you ever really "accept" new Big 12 schools?  (Read 8091 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Will you ever really "accept" new Big 12 schools?
« on: July 28, 2016, 06:31:51 PM »
I was talking with some "in the know" Big 12 people this week, and the conversation took an interesting turn.

We all wondered how long it would take these lesser programs to be truly "accepted" as peers in the conference.  The most popular answer was "never," and many wondered if we should ever extend full membership rights to them.

What do you guys think?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Will you ever really "accept" new Big 12 schools?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 07:24:38 PM »
I was talking with some "in the know" Big 12 people this week, and the conversation took an interesting turn.

We all wondered how long it would take these lesser programs to be truly "accepted" as peers in the conference.  The most popular answer was "never," and many wondered if we should ever extend full membership rights to them.

What do you guys think?

It's still hard for me to think WV as a Big 12 school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 07:28:57 PM »
They will always be second class citizens in my opinion. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 07:37:11 PM »
With enough time prolly. Unless it's some school like Memphis. Then it's taint licker status forever.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 08:03:04 PM »
I don't have any trouble accepting the new members. They have proven to compete well with us, so I don't look down on them for being new. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:52:48 PM »
It would be easier to accept if they disband the Big 12 and start a new conference with the current and new members...like the Big 12 did with the Big 8 plus SWC pieces.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:04:12 PM »
no.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 09:08:54 PM »
If it was someone cool like UMKC as a basketball only member than sure. But not a commuter school like Colorado State or BYU

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 10:52:07 PM »
I treat them way nicer. I couldn't care less about ISU/OSU or whatever, they're family. WVU and TCU are like house guests.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 10:53:53 PM »
I could see a couple of trips to Ft. Collins and New Orleans going along way to acceptance for me.  The rest of the candidates have almost no shot.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 11:47:12 PM »
I've gone to every OSU v KSU at both locations for the last 7 years and when i'm down in okieland i always get at least one hayseed say "You know, we all like yall. K-state is alot like Okie-State, same values" and i always nod politely but in my head im like "OMFG if i went to school in this single story redbrick hellhole i'd rough ridin' never tell anyone else about it"

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 01:47:37 AM »
#1B12

that said, probably not.  and that's because i'll look at them as temporary placeholders whose job it is to pretend to be a big 12 team for a few years until the next round of realignment occurs.

we grew up with our member schools like siblings.  the new schools would be like step bros and step sisters (no offense to step bros and step sisters, which i have both of in my family).

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 08:04:49 AM »
#1B12

that said, probably not.  and that's because i'll look at them as temporary placeholders whose job it is to pretend to be a big 12 team for a few years until the next round of realignment occurs.

we grew up with our member schools like siblings.  the new schools would be like step bros and step sisters (no offense to step bros and step sisters, which i have both of in my family).
That's probably why I have no problem accepting them.  I come from a very large family, and between new marriages and divorces, there is always someone new coming along.  I just take them as part of the family at that point in time. It doesn't mean I immediately like every one of them, but they are part of the family regardless of my personal opinion of them.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 08:08:04 AM »
no, because of how garbagey they make our conference I pretend it's a non con whenever we play them. also iowa state.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 10:27:22 AM »
i don't want them and i'll never accept them. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 10:29:25 AM »
Have we ever really accepted TCU or WVU? Answer: NO!

Offline NeverII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 10:32:24 AM »
How long do we need to accept said schools? This move is shortsighted at best... Just a matter of time before UT, OU/OSU bolt

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 11:25:25 AM »
#1B12

That's probably why I have no problem accepting them.  I come from a very large family, and between new marriages and divorces, there is always someone new coming along.  I just take them as part of the family at that point in time. It doesn't mean I immediately like every one of them, but they are part of the family regardless of my personal opinion of them.

Yeah but this isn't like that at all.  It's just a sports conference so you're allowed to not accept the ever living guts out of whoever you want.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 11:39:02 AM »
#1B12

Yeah but this isn't like that at all.  It's just a sports conference so you're allowed to not accept the ever living guts out of whoever you want.
Fair enough.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 12:20:33 PM »
every school.  EVERY school (yes even Iowa State) in the big 12 is better in every sense than any one of these clowns. 

these new clowns are just that: clowns.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 12:32:35 PM »
The old new schools are the freshman 15, the new new schools are a dad bod that has just turned in to diabetes

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 12:40:44 PM »
These school are like the hoodrats you run through and never tell your friends about.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 12:51:28 PM »
I will love them as if they were my own.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 01:00:35 PM »
These school are like the hoodrats you run through and never tell your friends about.

Ha!

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 01:02:28 PM »
The new schools are like your, "friends," through association. You'll be nice and talk to them in public and with other friends, but you'll never invite them over to your house to hangout for the weekend.