Author Topic: RNC  (Read 37493 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: RNC
« Reply #525 on: July 21, 2016, 09:46:24 AM »
I'm pretty sure none of you actually watched Ted's speech. Let me explain how this works: the media is focusing on the boorish behavior of some pro-Trump delegates who were unhappy that Ted didn't give an explicit endorsement, which is fits the media playbook of focusing on any "controversy" to distract from the substance of the speeches and thereby minimize Trump's convention bounce. By contrast, the coverage of the DNC will be a love fest to maximize Hillary's bounce (to the extent a dead fish dropped from a window bounces). The overwhelmingly liberal journobloc puts their thumbs on the scales every election. The impact is hard to quantify, but it is very much real.

I would encourage you to broaden your horizons and actually watch the speech. It was amazing from start to finish. He was gracious to Trump, congratulating him on winning the nomination, and spoke passionately about conservative principles - chiefly among them freedom and the rule of law.

OMFG  :lol:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #526 on: July 21, 2016, 09:48:13 AM »
The lack of live DNC coverage on goEMAW so far has been shocking Wacky.   Even the media is ignoring it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 21, 2016, 09:48:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure none of you actually watched Ted's speech. Let me explain how this works: the media is focusing on the boorish behavior of some pro-Trump delegates who were unhappy that Ted didn't give an explicit endorsement, which is fits the media playbook of focusing on any "controversy" to distract from the substance of the speeches and thereby minimize Trump's convention bounce. By contrast, the coverage of the DNC will be a love fest to maximize Hillary's bounce (to the extent a dead fish dropped from a window bounces). The overwhelmingly liberal journobloc puts their thumbs on the scales every election. The impact is hard to quantify, but it is very much real.

I would encourage you to broaden your horizons and actually watch the speech. It was amazing from start to finish. He was gracious to Trump, congratulating him on winning the nomination, and spoke passionately about conservative principles - chiefly among them freedom and the rule of law.

I watched the speech live, on CSPAN.  I don't know if we watched the same speech.

"vote your conscience" was the specific language that pro-Cruz/Never Trump delegates were trying to get inserted in to the rules to throw the convention to Cruz on the floor.  "vote your conscience" is a phrase that is used when politicians vote against a party position that is going to pass but is repugnant to a minority of the party ideologically.

Cruz might as well have been wearing a toga and brought a knife, because he just went old school Senator on Trump.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 21, 2016, 09:49:09 AM »
Wow, Ted Cruz got booed off the stage, didn't honor the pledge! I saw his speech two hours early but let him speak anyway. No big deal!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 21, 2016

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 21, 2016, 09:50:01 AM »
Since it's obvious the shock is contrived, let me ask: What the Hell did they expect from the son of the man who killed JFK? Light'n up.
— Jason Johnson (@jasonsjohnson) July 21, 2016

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 21, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »

This is great pittin', appreciate you
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 21, 2016, 09:54:05 AM »
and I love this little nugget at the end:

conservative principles - chiefly among them freedom and the rule of law

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 21, 2016, 10:02:47 AM »
I'll be honest, I didn't think this thing was going to be that great after it was determined it wasn't going to be brokered. but man oh man, what a show.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 21, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »
A lot of claimed moderates on this board, seem to get a really good chuckle at the GOP's expense 24/7, but remain silent on the other side. I don't think many of you are as moderate as you think.

Name names!
Dickstone and Mocat are the main characters. I've always thought you were lib for some reason. SD from time to time. I just don't see a lot of bumping of the threads, on the other side of the line.  :th_twocents:

The dem news has been pretty silent since the RNC started.  Just wait until next week, WC.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 21, 2016, 10:05:31 AM »
i mean, did you even read my lena dunham post last night #coverage

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 21, 2016, 10:08:10 AM »
I watched it start to finish... It was like a train wreck when it got to that pint where everybody in the audience started figuring out what was going on and Teddy just kept smiling... Pretty fun stuff for a normal boring event.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 21, 2016, 10:13:19 AM »
OH eff WHAT AM I DOING WAVE IDIOT

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 21, 2016, 10:20:51 AM »
I received this email about 6:30 last night.

Dear xxxx,

Our country is facing enormous challenges, and it's more important now than ever that we conservatives defend the principles in which we all believe.

That's why tonight I'm honored to have the chance to speak at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland at 8:45 pm CT -- and I hope you'll tune in to watch my speech. You'll be able to watch it broadcast on TV or the livestream will be available here.

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to thank our nearly 600 delegates, roughly 8 million voters nationwide, and the over 326,000 volunteers who poured their heart, soul, blood, and energy into our campaign as well as the chance to lay out a vision for what we as Americans — what we as conservatives — believe and where we go forward from here.

You won't want to miss this speech -- I hope you'll watch TONIGHT at 8:45 pm CT!

For liberty,
Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz

PAID FOR BY TED CRUZ FOR SENATE

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 21, 2016, 10:29:21 AM »
A lot of claimed moderates on this board, seem to get a really good chuckle at the GOP's expense 24/7, but remain silent on the other side. I don't think many of you are as moderate as you think.

Name names!
Dickstone and Mocat are the main characters. I've always thought you were lib for some reason. SD from time to time. I just don't see a lot of bumping of the threads, on the other side of the line.  :th_twocents:

Moderates traditionally have excellent senses of humor and enjoy a good laugh at absurdness. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 21, 2016, 10:31:51 AM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: July 21, 2016, 10:41:02 AM »
That's so much better than the still shot I posted last night.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 21, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
my fav so far:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 21, 2016, 11:00:58 AM »

Name names!

The dem news has been pretty silent since the RNC started.  Just wait until next week, WC.
It makes sense. The GOP is making total asses out of themselves. Just sit on your hands till the finish line.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #543 on: July 21, 2016, 11:59:20 AM »
There will be a crap load of stupid crap to laugh about at the DNC. It's just that nobody really cares to watch it. I'm 100% the media coverage of it will reflect that, but also reflect their very large bias.

The medias coverage of the rnc, insofar as I've seen, has been devoid of substance and more akin to a Snapchat conversation.

I didn't watch any the rnc and don't plan to watch the dnc.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 21, 2016, 12:04:53 PM »
There will be a crap load of stupid crap to laugh about at the DNC. It's just that nobody really cares to watch it. I'm 100% the media coverage of it will reflect that, but also reflect their very large bias.

The medias coverage of the rnc, insofar as I've seen, has been devoid of substance and more akin to a Snapchat conversation.

so basically like Trump's campaign

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #545 on: July 21, 2016, 12:08:07 PM »

so basically like Trump's campaign

Don't be stealing my jokes
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
RNC
« Reply #546 on: July 21, 2016, 12:31:01 PM »
DNC will have its moments. I expect a lot of negative and derogatory comments about how negative the Republicans' campaign is.

It will be awful. But I will watch.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2016, 12:41:38 PM »

:lol:

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »
Haha

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 21, 2016, 01:57:02 PM »
i hope tonight isn't a letdown night.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."