Author Topic: alien ancestors  (Read 5561 times)

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
alien ancestors
« on: May 05, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »
we r decendants of an extraterrestrial beings

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
EMAW

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: alien ancestors
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 01:47:18 PM »
weird post
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 01:48:15 PM »

No, we would be green.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »
Watch the show. Then talk to me
EMAW

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:43:46 PM »
Which show, "Mission to Mars" or that show that was on History Channel last night?  Actually,   :ohno:  to both.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 04:06:25 PM »

Isn't this what Tom Cruise believes?   :nono:

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »
I think its a fascinating series to be honest.

Its a taboo topic, especially in academic circles, but most of the material they present is certainly interesting.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 02:53:49 PM »
Way, way, way too much evidence re. evolution for this to be plausible.  Unless you are talking about microscopic life hitching a ride on an asteroid or something.

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 03:01:03 PM »
Way, way, way too much evidence re. evolution for this to be plausible.  Unless you are talking about microscopic life hitching a ride on an asteroid or something.

Why would evolution have to be wrong for this theory to be true?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 03:03:20 PM »
Way, way, way too much evidence re. evolution for this to be plausible.  Unless you are talking about microscopic life hitching a ride on an asteroid or something.

I have no idea what the specifics of your theory are but, like I said, it wouldn't have to be wrong if we are talking microscopic (bacterial) life.  
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:08:55 PM by steve dave »

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »
space is so big... Why can't there be life out there? You belive we are the only humanoid type creatures in this entire galaxy? Not to mention all the other galaxies?
EMAW

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »
space is so big... Why can't there be life out there? You belive we are the only humanoid type creatures in this entire galaxy? Not to mention all the other galaxies?

Nobody said there can't be, nobody said we are, quit being a dumb ass

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 03:08:49 PM »
Way, way, way too much evidence re. evolution for this to be plausible.  Unless you are talking about microscopic life hitching a ride on an asteroid or something.

I have no idea what the specifics are of your theory are but, like I said, it wouldn't have to be wrong if we are talking microscopic (bacterial) life.  

It wouldn't have to be wrong whether we're talking bacterial life or not.

Nothing about evolution changes for this scenario. Its more about genetic manipulation.

The show has very little to do with this anyway. It delves far more into evidence about whether our ancient ancestors mingled with a much more advanced civilization in the past as opposed to whether our bodies developed as a result of alien influence. Thats more an extra thrown in instead of the main course.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »

I have no idea what the specifics are of your theory are but, like I said, it wouldn't have to be wrong if we are talking microscopic (bacterial) life.  

Nothing about evolution changes for this scenario. Its more about genetic manipulation.

The show has very little to do with this anyway. It delves far more into evidence about whether our ancient ancestors mingled with a much more advanced civilization in the past as opposed to whether our bodies developed as a result of alien influence. Thats more an extra thrown in instead of the main course.

Yeah, haven't watched it and don't know what scenario you are talking about.  But, evidence of human evolution far predates any evidence you can show me that actual space men came and made us what we are.  You also quit being a dumb ass. 

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »

Yeah, haven't watched it and don't know what scenario you are talking about.  But, evidence of human evolution far predates any evidence you can show me that actual space men came and made us what we are.  You also quit being a dumb ass. 

I'm trying to say there isn't a contradiction with what we know versus what this theory proposes. And part of the reason this is even proposed is that the aliens have a humanoid body structure in all representations of them that our ancestors commented on and recorded. That would be an amazing coincidence don't you think? If we have two legs, two arms, a head, a humanoid body all around, and so do they? The chances of that seems pretty damn bad.

Pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 03:19:40 PM »

I'm trying to say there isn't a contradiction with what we know versus what this theory proposes. And part of the reason this is even proposed is that the aliens have a humanoid body structure in all representations of them that our ancestors commented on and recorded. That would be an amazing coincidence don't you think? If we have two legs, two arms, a head, a humanoid body all around, and so do they? The chances of that seems pretty damn bad.

Pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow.

Again, not familiar with this theory.  But, I can assure you that there is no evidence of any bipedal aliens visiting our planet prior to human evolution coming to where we are today.   

Offline Goldbrick

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 03:22:52 PM »
Usually, one hears the evidence before making judgements.

But you're special.  :shy:

Butt Fugly

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
Evolution doesn't make sense.

There is no proof of one species changing to another.  Because if evolution were true, all species would have spent more time in transition than in completion since the process of evolution takes awhile.  Therefore, the fossil record would have millions upon millions of transitional forms--creatures in the intermediate stages of evolution.  But these fossils have never been found.

There has to be fossils of those transitional creatures to prove evolution.

Everything in the fossil record appears fully formed and true to its own kind.  There are no creatures with partially formed skeletons, or partial fins or beaks.  Among the billions of fossils found there isn't one example of the transitional forms Darwin himself said must exist if his theory were true.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 03:41:49 PM »
And part of the reason this is even proposed is that the aliens have a humanoid body structure in all representations of them by our ancestors

Probably they were just drawing humans, and then only had a green leaf or something to color it in with on the cave wall.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 04:19:06 PM »
If there are aliens that are kind of human I would love to shazbot! one (a lady alien, I don't go that way)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »

There is no proof of one species changing to another.  Because if evolution were true, all species would have spent more time in transition than in completion since the process of evolution takes awhile.  Therefore, the fossil record would have millions upon millions of transitional forms--creatures in the intermediate stages of evolution.  But these fossils have never been found.

Everything in the fossil record appears fully formed and true to its own kind.  There are no creatures with partially formed skeletons, or partial fins or beaks.  Among the billions of fossils found there isn't one example of the transitional forms Darwin himself said must exist if his theory were true.

:facepalm:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 04:50:40 PM »

Actually, one of the scientists compared the idea that DNA is completely random to a hurricane blowing through a junkyard and assembling a 757 jumbo jet.  I think there is something to the idea that our DNA was altered by some sort of extraterrestrial intelligence. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
this part of goEMAW.com went from radical republicans bitching about colored people to radical retards trying to convince us that 9/11 was an inside job and that we're really aliens.

freaking weird, imo.

Butt Fugly

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 06:40:50 PM »

:facepalm:

nice tap out steve dave

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »
this part of goEMAW.com went from radical republicans bitching about colored people to radical retards trying to convince us that 9/11 was an inside job and that we're really aliens.

freaking weird, imo.

I prefer the latter.  Also, it's not a stretch to think that in a galaxy with billions of stars, within a universe made up of billions of galaxies, that there might be other intelligent life out there. 

:dunno: