Author Topic: smoke your cigars...european realignment edition  (Read 41551 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: smoke your cigars...european realignment edition
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2016, 12:30:09 PM »
Also, could the neo statists refraim from asking the same questions that have already been answered?

Also also, Schengun doesn't mean the UK didn't have freedom of movement restrictions/obligations. Stop acting like fucktards, or do so in the Facebook thread.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2016, 12:30:42 PM »
good quick look at possible trade arrangements.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36639261
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2016, 12:35:46 PM »
When nafta started, a Canadian (real person) told me that it stood for not another rough ridin' trade agreement.

at the time, it made me think that Canada was part of a lot of trade agreements and that NAFTA was just one more trade agreement.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2016, 12:41:28 PM »
A lot of folks are focused on the economics, but the disintegration of the Labour party leadership in protest of Corbyn is fascinating.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »
The UK isn't leaving.  They'll start negotiations and realize that not much will change and they will stay in the EU.

They have tminvoke Article 50 to begin negotiations.   Once they invoke, they HAVE to leave eventually.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
  • Cocaine is a helluva drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2016, 02:23:47 PM »

They have tminvoke Article 50 to begin negotiations.   Once they invoke, they HAVE to leave eventually.

EU members can allow them to stay after negotiations start.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2016, 03:11:26 PM »

But would that soft stance encourage other nations to pull the same crap?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2016, 03:12:22 PM »

But would that soft stance encourage other nations to pull the same crap?

I don't think any other nation is encouraged to pull the same crap right now

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2016, 01:49:43 PM »
And then Nigel Farage went to the EU because...well, just because.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/28/europe/uk-brexit-eu-referendum/index.html

The most vocal architect of Britain's seismic decision to leave the European Union thumbed his nose at the EU Parliament Tuesday as members booed and turned their backs on him, in the most visible clash of ideologies between Britain and Europe since last week's vote.

Nigel Farage, leader of the far-right UK Independence Party (UKIP), gloated unapologetically and antagonized a battered union in Brussels, calling for free trade with the bloc while insulting members in the same breath.

"Isn't it funny? When I came here 17 years ago and I said that I wanted to lead a campaign to get Britain out of the European Union, you all laughed at me. Well, I have to say, you're not laughing now, are you?" he said.

"I know that virtually none of you have ever done a proper job in your lives or worked in business or worked in trade or indeed ever created a job. But listen, just listen," Farage said at the special meeting, held to address the Brexit fallout.

In an interview later with CNN, Farage brushed off his comments as a light-hearted joke, saying that the EU had called him "all the names under the sun."

"They don't like me. It's mutual," he said.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2016, 02:46:25 PM »
HE SAYS WHAT HE THINKS!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2016, 08:36:38 PM »
Neo Statists are very arrogant and cannot handle non abiders.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2016, 09:18:34 PM »
Wait the EU has a parliament? Does the UK know this?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2016, 05:12:44 PM »
Wait the EU has a parliament? Does the UK know this?

Considering the #2 most googled phrase after the vote was, "What is the EU?", my guess is, no, they didn't know that.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2016, 08:23:58 PM »
Stock markets say WGAF

Neosho statists =  :bawl:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2016, 08:31:16 PM »
Pound is back up to pre brexit levels too
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2016, 08:34:00 PM »
Stock markets say WGAF

Neosho statists:bawl:

The image of this made me  :D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2016, 11:33:26 PM »
Stock markets say WGAF

From what I read, it bounced back because folks realized that nothing is going to happen in the meantime, and they won't really know what happens until they trigger Article 50 and start working through everything with the EU.  Also, folks realized that they can get stocks in the FTSE 100 at bargain basement prices.  When you expand out to the FTSE 250, it hasn't recovered from pre-Brexit levels yet, but most likely will level out at some point soon.

I don't think it's the stock market that everyone is really worried about.  It's what happens with Scotland, Ireland, future trade deals, existing immigrants in the workforce and other things that will most likely take years to identify true impact.

I personally don't think that this is something we're going to be able to definitively say was good or bad for at least 5-10 years.  It's something we'll look back on in 2025 and probably make some legit observations.

Like, when Nebraska left for the Big Ten, they didn't start sucking at football overnight.  It took a few years and a full recruiting class removed from Texas before they started going 5-7. (Shameless Smoke your cigars plug  :D)

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2016, 07:53:24 AM »
Weird the pubs are having the biggest meltdowns over this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2016, 09:03:44 AM »
And Boris Johnson says, "Nah, I'm good."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/30/europe/uk-conservative-pm-candidates/index.html

And while I didn't agree with the exit, I respect this:

May: 'No second referendum'
The 52% vote to leave the EU sent the pound tumbling, hurt global markets and inspired renewed talk of Scottish independence.
Amid the turmoil, members of the public, as well as MPs, have called for a second, do-over referendum before the government formally begins the process of leaving the European Union.

But although she campaigned to remain, May said Thursday that there could be no revisiting the vote.

"Brexit means Brexit. The campaign was fought. The vote was held. Turnout was high, and the public gave their verdict," she said.

"There may be no attempts to remain inside the EU, no attempts to rejoin it through the back door. And no second referendum."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2016, 12:29:52 PM »
Just glad the market bounced back quickly.  Do not care about European issues other than the impact they have on good 'ol Dlew12.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2016, 12:36:57 PM »
Stock markets say WGAF

From what I read, it bounced back because folks realized that nothing is going to happen in the meantime, and they won't really know what happens until they trigger Article 50 and start working through everything with the EU.  Also, folks realized that they can get stocks in the FTSE 100 at bargain basement prices.  When you expand out to the FTSE 250, it hasn't recovered from pre-Brexit levels yet, but most likely will level out at some point soon.

I don't think it's the stock market that everyone is really worried about.  It's what happens with Scotland, Ireland, future trade deals, existing immigrants in the workforce and other things that will most likely take years to identify true impact.

I personally don't think that this is something we're going to be able to definitively say was good or bad for at least 5-10 years.  It's something we'll look back on in 2025 and probably make some legit observations.

Like, when Nebraska left for the Big Ten, they didn't start sucking at football overnight.  It took a few years and a full recruiting class removed from Texas before they started going 5-7. (Shameless Smoke your cigars plug  :D)

Also, FSD apparently doesn't understand that the markets and currency are negatively correlated. It's not surprising that the market is up while the pound tanks.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2016, 12:39:52 PM »
Stock markets say WGAF

Also, FSD apparently doesn't understand that the markets and currency are negatively correlated. It's not surprising that the market is up while the pound tanks.
Sounds like the limeys' loss is dlew12's gain.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »
Stock markets say WGAF

I was making fun of you idiots

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2016, 08:38:09 AM »
I don't think we can call Brexit a success or that it's had no impact as of yet.  The entire political system is in chaos.  The Tory party is in turmoil, the Labour party is being torn apart.  Their credit rating was downgraded.  Incidents of racism are up.  Economists are still predicting recession. 

The Stock Market is raising because investors are picking up cheap stocks.  Big companies, like those in the FTSE 100, will be fine, most likely.  Everywhere else, there's turmoil.

Again, this may be good for them in the long term, but no one knows at this point.