Author Topic: WHO'S EXCITED FOR K-STATE FOOTBALL!?  (Read 92100 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: WHO'S EXCITED FOR K-STATE FOOTBALL!?
« Reply #600 on: September 14, 2016, 12:55:45 PM »
I always like 1 PM games.  You get up reasonably early, get to Manhattan with the ability to tailgate for a couple of hours, and then there's time to get a nice dinner somewhere before heading home.  Usually not too late.

It made me sound like an old person as I typed it, but it just makes for a well planned out and full day that doesn't really wreck the weekend.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 14, 2016, 12:56:48 PM »
We're moving this weekend, so I just need all the big items in the house by 1 PM and then i'll be really freaking excited.  :thumbsup:

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 14, 2016, 02:13:03 PM »
I checked my cable guide.  A Brewers game is on at 2:30 so FSN Wisconsin will not be carrying the game.  :bang: 

My Fox Sports GO app says I can watch it on there, but I have my doubts.

I'd be more pumped if I knew for sure I could actually watch it.  Maybe I can butter the wife up enough so I can go to a bar with DirectTV and watch.  Or just be a good husband and mow the lawn or something.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 14, 2016, 02:23:49 PM »
@Gooch, probably gonna need the slingbox and will also want to do some advance trial and error to see if I can get it from your box to my ipad and onto my TV.  It'll be on at bww but that didn't go so well last time so need to make sure there's a plan b pill to run back to.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 14, 2016, 02:27:55 PM »
Blood makes the grass grow.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 14, 2016, 02:31:48 PM »
The game is at 1:30, that's hardly a morning game.  Also it's supposed to be really nice out again I think
Those are the worst.. Oh hey.. now there is no day left  :curse:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 14, 2016, 02:37:34 PM »
@Gooch, probably gonna need the slingbox and will also want to do some advance trial and error to see if I can get it from your box to my ipad and onto my TV.  It'll be on at bww but that didn't go so well last time so need to make sure there's a plan b pill to run back to.
Test away. That TV is never in use.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 14, 2016, 02:38:41 PM »
Anything before 6pm is a bad start time and 6 is pushing it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 14, 2016, 02:42:09 PM »
1:30 is good if you like to drink in the am (I do), like to enjoy the nice weather and drink in the lot after the game (I do), like to go drink and eat dinner somewhere (I do), and like to pass out like at 11 o clock.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 14, 2016, 02:57:28 PM »

It's working!  And it didn't even make a guy appear in my living room with a 30-wing order and bitching about our old mexican basketball coach.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 14, 2016, 02:59:49 PM »

It's working!  And it didn't even make a guy appear in my living room with a 30-wing order and bitching about our old mexican basketball coach.

I was going to say, I did this a lot for KSU basketball in Colorado and never had a problem with it.  The team on the other hand....

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 14, 2016, 03:04:29 PM »

I was going to say, I did this a lot for KSU basketball in Colorado and never had a problem with it.  The team on the other hand....

I've had it work sporadically for ksu hoops and bachelor franchise shows.  There's just often been hiccups depending on whether gooch's maid fucks up the slingbox/wifi there or if mine's being too janky to connect everything.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 14, 2016, 03:13:26 PM »
I'm excited to go. It should be fun. Fall-like weather even. Go Cats.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 14, 2016, 03:18:11 PM »
I won't be able to watch a live down until Oct 1, and even then I won't unless we win the next two and the time is favorable.  Probably still not though.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 14, 2016, 03:23:26 PM »
occasionally i start getting excited but then i think about our back field consisting of Jesse Ertz, Winston Dimel, and Charles Jones.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 14, 2016, 03:48:03 PM »
1:30 is good if you like to drink in the am (I do), like to enjoy the nice weather and drink in the lot after the game (I do), like to go drink and eat dinner somewhere (I do), and like to pass out like at 11 o clock.

This is the correct answer, FYI.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 14, 2016, 04:07:34 PM »

I've had it work sporadically for ksu hoops and bachelor franchise shows.  There's just often been hiccups depending on whether gooch's maid fucks up the slingbox/wifi there or if mine's being too janky to connect everything.
just get this(and the gooch's provider login) and you will be set for the foreseeable future
https://www.walmart.com/ip/47362895?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228034927588&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=76882879592&wl4=pla-149617702112&wl5=9023858&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=47362895&wl13=&veh=sem

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 15, 2016, 09:19:25 AM »
occasionally i start getting excited but then i think about our back field consisting of Jesse Ertz, Winston Dimel, and Charles Jones.
RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LETS GOOOOOOOOO CATTTTTTTTTTSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :emawkid:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 15, 2016, 09:39:21 AM »
:emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 15, 2016, 10:02:19 AM »
How many of you guys think tailgating in the middle of a big asphalt parking lot is great?  (don't misunderstand, I don't think a bunch of tents on a hill is great tailgating either). 

Me, I'm jealous of the schools that have bar districts within easy walking distance of their stadium.    If K-State would actually put a parkway type setting in the parking lot with green space that could be set up in a "Grove" like setting, they could probably double their money on those spaces as compared to regular parking.

The Big Train

« Reply #620 on: September 15, 2016, 10:04:37 AM »
They have shuttles from aggieville that run to the stadium :dunno:   Also I love our tailgating

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 15, 2016, 11:03:09 AM »
I haven't ever really enjoyed tailgating. I would rather be sitting in a bar or restaurant watching other games and eating whatever food I choose at the moment, then heading to the stadium.  I envy people who enjoy tailgating, because they seem to be having lots of fun. But it just doesn't do anything for me.
So Saturday I will be coming over with friends, eating something, and then either walking to the stadium or taking the shuttle.  I always enjoy the time with my football friends, and we have a pretty good routine. KSU football games are one of my favorite fall activities.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 15, 2016, 11:06:58 AM »
I feel like you guys haven't been to a decent tailgate or something.. you need to go to one that has satellite tv, some tailgating games, and a pretty great spread of food and drinks.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2016, 11:13:03 AM »
I feel like you guys haven't been to a decent tailgate or something.. you need to go to one that has satellite tv, some tailgating games, and a pretty great spread of food and drinks.
I get that. I am just not a big eater, nor am I a drinker. That makes a tailgate basically just hanging out with others. I can do that at a sports bar with no hassle.  I am glad people enjoy tailgating, and like seeing them have that kind of fun.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2016, 11:20:34 AM »
I get that. I am just not a big eater, nor am I a drinker. That makes a tailgate basically just hanging out with others. I can do that at a sports bar with no hassle.  I am glad people enjoy tailgating, and like seeing them have that kind of fun.
hmm might as well stay at home with that attitude George Banks