Author Topic: Annoying Things at Your Office  (Read 14390 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Annoying Things at Your Office
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2016, 03:53:25 PM »
I'm still amazed that modern day engineers still use pen and paper to design stuff :sdeek:

That's not really what we were talking about, but you see hand drawn details or addendums for small things from time to time.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2016, 04:17:11 PM »
I think it's pretty common for engineers to draw something up pen/paper style and then hand it to a drafter and have him/her render it in a program. 

The Big Train

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2016, 04:23:40 PM »
I mean I know engineers that have drafting tables in their houses for like fun and junk but not at work.  I am also not a drawing engineer so I probably don't know what I'm talking about

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2016, 04:54:30 PM »
I'm still amazed that modern day engineers still use pen and paper to design stuff :sdeek:

That's not really what we were talking about, but you see hand drawn details or addendums for small things from time to time.

:peek:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2016, 05:35:49 PM »
I probably don't know what I'm talking about

This is true for literally every thread

The Big Train

« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2016, 05:40:24 PM »
I probably don't know what I'm talking about

This is true for literally every thread

That's why I don't live in absolutes

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2016, 06:02:55 PM »
When your boss changes his mind but then acts like he never knew what the plan was and that you did something without his permission even though he micromanages ever-y-thing.

Welcome to my hell

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2016, 06:26:01 PM »
When your boss changes his mind but then acts like he never knew what the plan was and that you did something without his permission even though he micromanages ever-y-thing.

Welcome to my hell

Should we start a support group?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2016, 06:46:04 PM »
It's why I started looking for a new job at the last place. In my exit interview I told him he micromanages too much and he completely brushed it off as "well I like things a specific way". I tried to help  :Carl:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2016, 08:37:20 PM »

I will draw things up by hand from time to time to go along with quotes or if we are value engineering something on a project.  I block print everything in all caps whenever I write  with pen and paper so it is always as legible as if something was done on a PC.
@mikec2w

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2016, 08:58:02 PM »

Welcome to my hell

Fortunately for me I can see the finish line, and I'm counting down the days. I feel sorry for the others  :frown:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2016, 11:32:49 AM »
When a bid gets moved to 4pm on the Wendsday before Thanksgiving. Gmafb

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2016, 01:41:24 PM »

Welcome to my hell

Fortunately for me I can see the finish line, and I'm counting down the days. I feel sorry for the others  :frown:

It was one of the reasons I left my last job.  I would always send an email after we spoke verbally to get written confirmation.  When my boss stopped replying to maintain deniability, I would try to catch him when someone else was around.  I would get that person to confirm via email.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2016, 01:55:02 PM »

Welcome to my hell

It was one of the reasons I left my last job.  I would always send an email after we spoke verbally to get written confirmation.  When my boss stopped replying to maintain deniability, I would try to catch him when someone else was around.  I would get that person to confirm via email.

oh man, this is my favorite game to play right now.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2016, 01:33:23 PM »
When a bid gets moved to 4pm on the Wendsday before Thanksgiving. Gmafb

When you get a call at 10:30am that the bid was moved up to 1pm  :Flipped off x2:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2016, 11:28:03 AM »
I keep getting calls that I am pre-approved for a whopper loan.  People who don't mute.during a teleconference.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2016, 01:39:48 PM »
I have 4 meetings tomorrow with just enough time between them to not get any work done.

The Big Train

« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2017, 11:46:20 AM »
I work with a 3rd party firm and every single one of them doesn't ask direct questions in emails.  They ask sorta kinda questions and make statements about kind of what they want....

They always end it with a bunch of periods... So it would be nice to do this... We probably could do with out tho... We are looking to have this finished by X date...

It's so rough ridin' frustrating and stupid.  It leaves so much up to interpretation and it gets really annoying always asking for clarification and getting the same vagueness back every single time.  :curse:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2017, 01:31:04 PM »
I work with a 3rd party firm and every single one of them doesn't ask direct questions in emails.  They ask sorta kinda questions and make statements about kind of what they want....

They always end it with a bunch of periods... So it would be nice to do this... We probably could do with out tho... We are looking to have this finished by X date...

It's so rough ridin' frustrating and stupid.  It leaves so much up to interpretation and it gets really annoying always asking for clarification and getting the same vagueness back every single time.  :curse:

I love when people end emails like that. They are basically telling me that I can do whatever I want, so I just email them back and let them know what I'm going to do.

The Big Train

« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2017, 01:33:53 PM »

I love when people end emails like that. They are basically telling me that I can do whatever I want, so I just email them back and let them know what I'm going to do.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to do that tho with complex IT situations.  Some that could make a week project into a 2 month one if something isn't done right/confusion.  Which is where my aggravation comes from.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2017, 01:34:55 PM »
Have a video conference.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2017, 01:35:04 PM »
Snap chat it out

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2017, 01:35:17 PM »
Pick up a phone

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2017, 04:34:43 PM »
not annoying but just interesting. I have recently noticed some people here set their out of office reply EVERYSINGLEDAY when they leave at the end of the day saying when they will return the following morning.

that's insane

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2017, 04:36:14 PM »
Lol