Author Topic: Annoying Things at Your Office  (Read 14345 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Annoying Things at Your Office
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2021, 01:51:32 PM »
I have almost always enjoyed an office holiday party when it's a real party and not a sad in-office thing or a happy hour where you get like one drink or something.

i, fortunately, no longer have an office, but back in the day, my sentiments ran in the exact opposite direction.  some sort of festivity during company time - sounds great.  giving up my own leisure time to hang out with coworkers - absolutely not.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »
COVID.

Just got this email about our required party. We don't have a vaccine mandate, yet.
Just a reminder for next Wednesday:

If you are vaccinated and are not experiencing any COVID-related symptoms, you can present proof of vaccination AND a negative test taken within 24-48 hours of the event to go maskless (you do not need a test to attend, but would be expected to mask if not eating/drinking).

If you are unvaccinated, we need proof of a negative test taken within 24-48 hours of the event (to attend!), and you would need to wear a mask in common areas when unable to social distance, unless eating or drinking.

If I don't have your vaccine proof yet, please email it to me, otherwise tests can be emailed to me as well (should contain your name, test provider, test date, and test outcome).

If you have questions, please let me know.

I am legitimately shocked that level of caution is happening in Iowa. also looks like that party sucks ballz

This is the education sector so we're much more tolerant of these COVID guidelines. That's just for us administrators though. We employ 102 teachers, we threw a mandatory party for them on Tuesday and there were zero restrictions.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2021, 02:32:46 PM »
I have almost always enjoyed an office holiday party when it's a real party and not a sad in-office thing or a happy hour where you get like one drink or something.

i, fortunately, no longer have an office, but back in the day, my sentiments ran in the exact opposite direction.  some sort of festivity during company time - sounds great.  giving up my own leisure time to hang out with coworkers - absolutely not.

When I travelled a bit, I would go out to dinner and maybe some drinks with coworkers on most nights. I started doing it less and less as time went on though. Taking up my Friday or Saturday night to hang out with work people? Hard pass.

On another note, I had a virtual holiday party this week that was the most awkward and terrible thing ever. They did it with multiple groups so we didn't know everyone and the guy would ask a random question and throw you in random breakout rooms to "discuss". In many instances, people just stared at the 2 minute timer and did other stuff. It was super awkward.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2021, 06:27:26 PM »
Here's a previous email about this work event that starts at 9:00 am on a Wednesday.  :Yuck:

I hope you are just as excited for our holiday party as I am! Attached you will find the agenda for the day - yes our party has an agenda!

Action items for you -
Please dress for the weather and bring blankets for your sleigh ride. It can get a little chilly. Feel free to bring a warm beverage along, maybe with a little holiday cheer? ;) I will have sleigh ride groupings at the morning meeting.

We always want to tip our sleigh driver, if everyone could bring $5 cash for this, that would be great! We will put it in an envelope to give to the driver.

We will have a cash bar open the day of the event and will be providing one drink ticket. We also ask for everyone to help with tipping the bartender.

Last but not least, we are going to do a Holiday Gift Exchange (not white elephant). Please know you are not obligated to if you do not want to. We ask to keep the gift at a $20 limit and something that anyone could enjoy!

We will have lots of games, food, and drinks for all! We look forward to celebrating all of you and the holiday season!
That sounds like more work.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2021, 09:01:27 PM »
The sleigh rides are required  :curse:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2021, 09:24:10 PM »
Lol

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2021, 09:53:43 PM »

I'd rather have a nice meal and open bar after 5pm than whatever the eff MiR is required to attend during normal working hours

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2021, 10:31:38 PM »
MIR, what if you claim to be unvaccinated and don’t provide a negative test?  There’s your loophole.