Author Topic: Brokered convention  (Read 18868 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Brokered convention
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2016, 09:11:15 PM »
I bet they don't allow guns, proving how hypocritical they can be.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2016, 09:48:30 PM »
What is wrong with you guys?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2016, 07:14:27 AM »
I bet they don't allow guns, proving how hypocritical they can be.

I hope they don't.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2016, 10:56:24 AM »
With as violent and radical as the left has become, particularly the occutard Berners, I'm not sure letting guns into anew arena filled with Republicans is a good idea. Of course, I don't revel in the thought of people being shot to death like the violent radical leftists do either.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2016, 10:58:16 AM »
With as violent and radical as the left has become, particularly the occutard Berners, I'm not sure letting guns into anew arena filled with Republicans is a good idea. Of course, I don't revel in the thought of people being shot to death like the violent radical leftists do either.

If the leftists want, they will get the guns in there one way or another.  Might as well let the people defend themselves

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2016, 10:59:31 AM »

I am sure the delegates can handle themselves should some bernsters try and start trouble.  unless they are unarmed.

When it is a crime to bring a gun into the convention, only criminals will bring a gun into the convention

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2016, 11:04:11 AM »

If the leftists want, they will get the guns in there one way or another.  Might as well let the people defend themselves

Yes. Also, Cleveland is a very dangerous city. We can't ask people to walk unarmed from their car to the convention in that hell hole.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2016, 11:04:41 AM »
That's a great point. I'm sure the library convention will be 100% powered by sun beams, staffed by the requisite representative blend of minorities, women and LGBT, and have all the corporate money burned center stage. Because that's such a clever hilarious joke.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »
I assume everyone will be camping and have arrived in a Chevy volt. Made in Merica

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »
That's a great point. I'm sure the library convention will be 100% powered by sun beams, staffed by the requisite representative blend of minorities, women and LGBT, and have all the corporate money burned center stage. Because that's such a clever hilarious joke.

The joke is that these people want guns everywhere except where they are meeting.  But you're right, it's probably to protect them from the gun toting crazies from the party that supports regulation.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2016, 11:35:28 AM »
I assume there will be a lot of cold dead hands pried open if the guns aren't allowed.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2016, 12:30:15 PM »

The joke is that these people want guns everywhere except where they are meeting.  But you're right, it's probably to protect them from the gun toting crazies from the party that supports regulation.

My joke equally as clever. Let'stand petition the DNC to run a carbon negative convention without money from the wealthy and staffed entirely based upon demographic, gender identity and serial orientation. It's totally hypocritical for them to have it any other way.

Good grief, if you don't want to be called libtard stop acting like one.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2016, 12:52:45 PM »
Have the dems come out saying they want to limit anyone's constitutional rights during their convention?   :dunno:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2016, 12:56:58 PM »
GOP: Even we don't believe our own bullshit

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »
You guys aren't handling the analogy very well.

Let's talk about Democrats in office who use tax "loop holes" to avoid paying their "fair share". Should hillary even be allowed to run, has she acknowledged her white privilege? Has every Democrat redistributed their own wealth, do they pay all women the exact same salary as men. Why aren't the party reps 13% black, 22% Hispanic, 62% female, 1% Trans, 2% gay. Bunch of rough ridin' hypocrites, that's why. Cancel the damn convention. It's the right (left) thing to do.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »

Let's talk about Democrats in office who use tax "loop holes" to avoid paying their "fair share". Should hillary even be allowed to run, has she acknowledged her white privilege? Has every Democrat redistributed their own wealth, do they pay all women the exact same salary as men. Why aren't the party reps 13% black, 22% Hispanic, 62% female, 1% Trans, 2% gay. Bunch of rough ridin' hypocrites, that's why. Cancel the damn convention. It's the right (left) thing to do.

The dem's aren't prohibiting any of this.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2016, 02:02:06 PM »
What will be the trigger where they all simultaneously shoot each other?  Also, will it be accidental?  Like the occasional story where the old guy shoots his wife as he is sitting down at a restaurant and his gun falls out and goes off when it hits the floor?  I mean, it would certainly be more entertaining that way. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It will be civil until Trump gets the nomination taken from him.
So, thats when everyone's gun will accidentally fall out of their pants, go off, and shoot the person next to them, killing everyone in the arena? 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
It will be just like the worst thing Chunk ever did but with bullets instead of barf

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2016, 02:20:25 PM »

The dem's aren't prohibiting any of this.

At least not as it applies to them, ergo the punchline

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »
GOP: Even we don't believe our own bullshit

They really need to allow guns.  they can't afford to look this ridiculous

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2016, 02:31:38 PM »
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/its-probably-first-ballot-or-bust-for-donald-trump-at-the-gop-convention/

it's hard for me to put myself inside the mind of a gop delegate, but i really can't imagine voting for any of trump, cruz or kasich if they fail to get to 1237.  they all would have had their chance and failed.  at that point, i'd be hellbent on someone new.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »
btw, the article is mostly interesting in talking about how the delegates are mostly free to do whatever they want.  like all the talk about kasich giving his delegates to someone for a vp spot is fantasy (in kasich's case, it's not since those delegates are all basically from ohio and like all ohioans, will do whatever kasich wants them to do, but hypothetically, if he ever wins a non ohioan delegate he wouldn't be able to control that delegate).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2016, 02:41:48 PM »
Are the terms Brokered Convention and Contested Convention synonyms or distinct concepts?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2016, 02:55:18 PM »
brokered is an antiquated term still in general use.  unless you're very particular, you can treat it as a synonym.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile