Author Topic: Doug Gottlieb to Oklahoma St.  (Read 25827 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Gottlieb to Oklahoma St.
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2017, 01:51:50 PM »
gotlieb was just on 810

leaving cbs going to fox
last chance at a actual hc job without going through the ranks first
very awkward interview

It was interesting. I think Doug truly value's Soren's opinion and part of it seemed to be Doug really wanting Soren to validate him, but Soren was honest with the positives and negatives that Doug would bring a program.

You guys definitely buried the lede on this interview. MICHAEL PORTER JR COULD END UP AT OU! WHAT??? Or possibly crazier, Trae Young and Porter Jr might end up at Missouri. Those two kids at the same school would be nuts.

I think that's just talk to make it look like the martin and porter to mu together thing hasn't been a done deal that was worked out a week ago.

I don't see the reasoning to do that, why would they care if Washington fans are mad? If Porter Sr is truly letting his son make the decision this could get interesting.

i just think that none of the parties involved really want it to look like cuonzo and the porters had this all worked out beforehand. if porter comes out immediately and says he's going to mizzou then it kind of looks that way. that would maybe make martin look bad because he was probably recruiting for mizzou when he was still coaching cal and it doesn't exactly make the porters look great either. maybe I'm wrong, but i think everybody just looks a little better if they slow play this.

I'm just going to take them for their word, I don't know why that's so hard for people to do when it comes to athletes.

maybe because people involved in athletics (coaches more than players i suppose) lie a lot?  :dunno:

Do they though? Do they lie anymore than someone in software sales? I have no way of knowing that so I'm not going to assume that they do.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2017, 01:57:12 PM »
Successful people lie all the time. Some are better at it than others, and some simply can't avoid getting caught because they are under enough scrutiny.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2017, 02:03:07 PM »

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2017, 02:05:49 PM »
The man is gonna destroy oscar in his first year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2017, 02:14:04 PM »
He told 810 that Currie interviewed him too after oscar got it. I actually wonder how many times he's been interviewed for jobs.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2017, 02:16:54 PM »
gotlieb was just on 810

leaving cbs going to fox
very awkward interview

It was interesting. I think Doug truly value's Soren's opinion and part of it seemed to be Doug really wanting Soren to validate him, but Soren was honest with the positives and negatives that Doug would bring a program.

You guys definitely buried the lede on this interview. MICHAEL PORTER JR COULD END UP AT OU! WHAT??? Or possibly crazier, Trae Young and Porter Jr might end up at Missouri. Those two kids at the same school would be nuts.

I think that's just talk to make it look like the martin and porter to mu together thing hasn't been a done deal that was worked out a week ago.

I don't see the reasoning to do that, why would they care if Washington fans are mad? If Porter Sr is truly letting his son make the decision this could get interesting.

i just think that none of the parties involved really want it to look like cuonzo and the porters had this all worked out beforehand. if porter comes out immediately and says he's going to mizzou then it kind of looks that way. that would maybe make martin look bad because he was probably recruiting for mizzou when he was still coaching cal and it doesn't exactly make the porters look great either. maybe I'm wrong, but i think everybody just looks a little better if they slow play this.

I'm just going to take them for their word, I don't know why that's so hard for people to do when it comes to athletes.

maybe because people involved in athletics (coaches more than players i suppose) lie a lot?  :dunno:

Do they though? Do they lie anymore than someone in software sales? I have no way of knowing that so I'm not going to assume that they do.

so we should believe what gottleib said someone told him about porter because you aren't sure how often a software salesman lies? good grief.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2017, 02:50:59 PM »
gotlieb was just on 810

leaving cbs going to fox
very awkward interview

so we should believe what gottleib said someone told him about porter because you aren't sure how often a software salesman lies? good grief.

Believe what you want, I'm not sure why you're so indignant. I posted some information you said you don't believe it because basketball coaches lie. I don't care that you for some reason think college basketball coaches are less trustworthy than anyone else. I don't feel this way, I'm completely unburdened with trying to suss out whether or not I'm being lied to solely based on a person's career choice.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2017, 11:47:28 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2017, 12:33:56 AM »
Gottlieb's a lot better on twitter when he's in the process of trying to get an adult job.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2017, 07:47:04 AM »

This is the sports equivalent of setting up a Tinder account and the first girl that pops up is the one you had a massive high school crush on, who’s husband just skipped town, and he even took the family dog.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2017, 01:48:15 PM »
gotlieb was just on 810

leaving cbs going to fox
very awkward interview

Believe what you want, I'm not sure why you're so indignant. I posted some information you said you don't believe it because basketball coaches lie. I don't care that you for some reason think college basketball coaches are less trustworthy than anyone else. I don't feel this way, I'm completely unburdened with trying to suss out whether or not I'm being lied to solely based on a person's career choice.

he will end up at MU and after he does i'll go oh yeah no crap he was always going to end up there and you'll go oh ok, he ended up at mu. much in the way that I'm going yeah no crap weber snuck into the tournament as the last overall choice and didn't get fired it was always going to be that way and you're going oh ok, it looks like oscar won't get fired. you have some _fan/fence in you. nothing wrong with that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »
FWIW daris, I 100% agree with you on this.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2017, 02:07:52 PM »
i just noticed FWN is back to FAN. so you don't want to FWN?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2017, 02:09:46 PM »
i just noticed FWN is back to FAN. so you don't want to FWN?

Meh, I just changed it back. I definitely still think change needs to happen, but I'm not confident that it will. Ultimately I'm a K-State fan regardless of my like/dislike of the coach.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2017, 02:34:24 PM »
The Orange Factor? @OrangeFactor  44m44 minutes ago
More
 Sources report the deal is done, .@GottliebShow is your next coach. Info is second hand from a prominent guy in athletic department #okstate

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2017, 02:38:56 PM »
cows!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2017, 02:48:10 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2017, 02:55:23 PM »
Interesting if true.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2017, 02:56:33 PM »
You learn something new everyday.

Gottlieb, a former player for the Cowboys (he played there after he was kicked out of Notre Dame for stealing a teammate’s credit card), has zero head coaching experience—since graduating, he’s held positions at CBS and ESPN as a radio personality, analyst, and commentator. It was announced this week that he accepted a job at FOX Sports and is set to start in late April.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2017, 02:59:36 PM »
You learn something new everyday.

Or 20 years ago

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2017, 03:06:00 PM »
I was 12, 20 years ago, #LIFE. I don't worship this man like many others. Glad to hear you knew that tho.  :D

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2017, 03:13:21 PM »
osu is kstate south with a stronger desire to win

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2017, 03:15:43 PM »
The credit card thing has always sort of bothered me, too, wacky.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »
like, if people know one thing about gottlieb it's usually that

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile