Author Topic: Doug Gottlieb to Oklahoma St.  (Read 25820 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Gottlieb to Oklahoma St.
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2017, 03:12:15 PM »
Do not want Doug.  Hell his own university took a pass on him to promote the assistant.  Steve Forbes would be great.
Doesn't mean they made the right choice. He's obviously a crapshoot, though.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2017, 03:23:34 PM »
Let say Mike and Evans elevate their recruiting and do an average job of developing players. Maintain a above average roster. In conference they stay around 5-7 wins do poor coaching / game planning. Is this a better way to stall a program than lets say what Weber is doing now? I know both are unintentional from an admin stand point.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2017, 06:38:00 PM »
Let say Mike and Evans elevate their recruiting and do an average job of developing players. Maintain a above average roster. In conference they stay around 5-7 wins do poor coaching / game planning. Is this a better way to stall a program than lets say what Weber is doing now? I know both are unintentional from an admin stand point.

I don't think you'd see an above-average roster go 5-13 to 7-11. Certainly not with any consistency.

That said, I'm a firm believer in always hiring the best recruiter available. Because the coach always leaves and you want the best possible roster for the next guy.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2017, 07:20:41 PM »

I don't think you'd see an above-average roster go 5-13 to 7-11. Certainly not with any consistency.

That said, I'm a firm believer in always hiring the best recruiter available. Because the coach always leaves and you want the best possible roster for the next guy.

Yeah, people that talk about any coach "being here a long time" are dumb.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2017, 09:06:13 AM »

Yeah, people that talk about any coach "being here a long time" are dumb.
That depends. It's ok to want that, but should never be criteria considered when looking for a coach.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2017, 09:09:41 AM »
It's ok to want that, but should never be criteria considered when looking for a coach.

That's what I meant.

Between people saying they want a coach that will "stay a long time" or not firing a coach because "we could do worse", I'm not sure which is more annoying.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2017, 10:45:22 PM »
It's ok to want that, but should never be criteria considered when looking for a coach.

That's what I meant.

Between people saying they want a coach that will "stay a long time" or not firing a coach because "we could do worse", I'm not sure which is more annoying.

The latter because it absolutely makes no sense.